the "what are you currently listening to" thread

What am I missing? Its taking me right to it.

I fixed your link so that it would display inline (I'm guessing that's what Arkatox was referring to). Youtube urls should end after "watch?v=YUpIg9ZFsd4" (for example) to work inline. The junk after the unique video identifier ("&feature=youtube_gdata_player" in your case) is what kills it.

Just found this video again...the song and the video haven´t lost their intensity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcnnDenTnQY

Ive been rocking a TON of Tourniquet....had tried them before and thought meh, but one day it just clicked and I was like, this stuff is genious.

It's just so rifftastic!

Currently play "Flowering Cadaver" at least once a day from the "new" CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been rocking a TON of Tourniquet....had tried them before and thought meh, but one day it just clicked and I was like, this stuff is genious.

I can't say that I'm a big Tourniquet fan (I think I have one album), but White Knucklin' The Rosary is one of my favorite Christian songs. Such a powerful way to make the point about the wrong attitude to take towards prayer. And rifftastic ;)

I can't say that I'm a big Tourniquet fan (I think I have one album)

I own 11 Tourniquet albums (6 of them bought again after being stolen) but not Antiseptic Bloodbath (yet).

Some of their songs bug me, but every album has amazingly good stuff too. I especially love Stop the Bleeding - just a bit more frantic than their later albums - and The Skeezix Dilemma (from Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance) is one of the greatest songs of all time - any genre!

Mmm... listening to The Skeezix Dilemma now...

How did your CDs get stolen?
Thanks for asking.

Way back in the olden days before mp3, I accidentally left a CD carrier in my car parked on the street over night. Next morning I found my car a few houses down the road with a smashed window, destroyed steering wheel and no CD bag.

In the bag had been 63 discs of a 64 disc Audio Bible - the genius thieves left one disc in the CD player that they didn't even attempt to steal. Also taken was my extensive Stryper (and post Stryper efforts of Stryper members) collection (13 discs), a pile of Mortification, 5 Yngwie Malmsteen CDs, the 6 Tourniquet discs, some EDM and excellent (and still not replaced) recordings of Mahler's 2nd and 6th Symphonies.

At the time I was fairly amused that anyone would steal such an eclectic lot, and in a vain attempt to recover my lost collections I trawled 2nd hand stores, discovering piles of great cheap music I might never had thought to buy otherwise.

Back to Tourniquet, in the past hour I've put things right by purchasing Antiseptic Bloodbath from the band's website for just US$8 - bargain!
I'm looking forward to blasting it in my car on the way to work tomorrow!

Soo...what did you do with the cases of the 63 CDs? I mean I'm part of the newer generation and I rarely ever take my originals with myself. If I feel the urge for a particular album I find a copy of it online and burn it, while the original stays tucked away neatly with as little as possible wear and tear on it (and its case). Naturally this comes easy since you can find anything online, so I understand why people predominantly bought and played CDs without bothering to duplicate them or find alternative means.

Your story's rather unnerving, but at the same time I can't help but release a sigh of relief knowing you managed to find your car. Silver linings and all that...

Silver linings and all that...
Trying to not go too far off topic, this story is all about the music (and Bible on CD) and the silver lining was finding other music. My car was pretty crappy and I'd probably have been happier if it had been destroyed. My insurance company identified numerous minor cases of apparently pre-existing damage unrelated to the theft incident, and made me pay $1500 to fix that - money I would rather have spent replacing all the music immediately.

It was 95 CDs stolen - 63 Bible, the rest music. As for the cases, the Audio Bible discs came in recyclable cardboard folders, so they're long gone (though I did re-purchase the Audio Bible and have that one extra un-stolen disc somewhere). As for the others, some have been chucked, some used to replace other cracked CD cases, and the rest sitting empty in boxes around the place.

Back on topic, Antiseptic Bloodbath blew me away last night, and then impressed me again today until I realised that some of the songs bug me a bit. Typical Tourniquet in my experience - REALLY REALLY GOOD, and heaps of AMAZING moments, but not quite the perfect album. Still, that's better than most bands!

HB - Hanki elämä III

My favorite of the three songs. Hope they don't mess up with the English version (I'm assuming it will be on the upcoming album).

HB - Hanki elämä III

My favorite of the three songs. Hope they don't mess up with the English version (I'm assuming it will be on the upcoming album).

Any news on the new album? I really liked the Finnish version of their last one. And it's been months since they released "The Evil Song" video on youtube (supposedly from the upcoming English version).

Any news on the new album? I really liked the Finnish version of their last one. And it's been months since they released "The Evil Song" video on youtube (supposedly from the upcoming English version).

I was looking for updates on that today, but didn't see anything new. Apparently the band is still active and doing shows and stuff, but nothing on the album. And yes, Pääkallonpaikka is a great album - my favorite of theirs actually. It's by far their best work. I'm just hoping it will make the transition to English well - the last one of their albums (The Battle of God) didn't do that very well with that.

I was looking for updates on that today, but didn't see anything new. Apparently the band is still active and doing shows and stuff, but nothing on the album. And yes, Pääkallonpaikka is a great album - my favorite of theirs actually. It's by far their best work. I'm just hoping it will make the transition to English well - the last one of their albums (The Battle of God) didn't do that very well with that.

True that The Battle of God was a lot different than the Finnish version. I always attributed the significant changes to the fact that the original was their first album and so much time had passed in between the 2 versions. I don't see why they would want to change anything on Pääkallonpaikka aside from the lyrics being translated. But then again, I'm not in the band...

Dragonland - Fire and Brimstone

True that The Battle of God was a lot different than the Finnish version. I always attributed the significant changes to the fact that the original was their first album and so much time had passed in between the 2 versions.

Maybe so. The band changed their sound a lot after the first album.

About Tourniquet, I was impressed to read about Marty Friedman and Karl Sanders doing guest work on the album.
Marty Friedman who featured on the 1987 release Speed Metal Symphony?!?
Wow, I hadn't noticed who was playing, but there's a lot of great guitar work on Antiseptic Bloodbath.
Pääkallonpaikka is a great album... I'm just hoping it will make the transition to English...
I'd rather learn Finnish than hope an HB album will translate well into English.
I just don't like the way they sing in English, where I have two of their albums in Finnish which really impress me (except for too many slow songs).

edit: Listening to Speed Metal Symphony now. Mmm...