the "what are you currently listening to" thread

If Soilwork wrote mediocre songs it would be called Stabbing the Drama, not Solamors.

And it doesn't sound anything like Soilwork if you ask me, but I still can't enjoy it fully thanks to the vocals.

If Soilwork wrote mediocre songs it would be called Stabbing the Drama, not Solamors.

And it doesn't sound anything like Soilwork if you ask me, but I still can't enjoy it fully thanks to the vocals.

Disagree on both counts. I wouldn't consider any of Soilwork's output mediocre. Some better than others, sure, but they pretty much dominate the modern metal market.

I made this epically nostalgic playlist (as its category generally has the most nostalgic songs out there by nature) a couple years ago and updated it occasionally over time. I added a song just today (#14), and that was the first time I updated it in like a year. Maybe I should start actively seeking out additions again. Anyhow, suggestions welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB7865170C135E9FE

After listening to all 18 tracks off your playlist, Arkatox I need to divulge something. None of the tracks "did it" for me. Unfortunately, I haven't played any of the games so I assume that must be it, since there's a ton of other OSTs that really send shivers down my everything. On the other hand, there are tracks which do it for me instantly despite me never playing the games. In any case, it seems like a nice list, but I don't see myself listening to any of it on a permanent basis. If anything, I had a fun hour of discovery.
On a related note, I can share one of my favourite end credits themes, mostly due to the bass lines which got me hooked when I first played this gem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the games of whose credits music are on the list actually had me in tears as the credits were playing, so no doubt it was simply due to you having not played the games. That is, of course, a huge part of it. Nostalgia isn't nostalgia if it's not nostalgia. :p Even so, you have to admit that at least some of them were pretty great songs.

After listening to all 18 tracks off your playlist, Arkatox I need to divulge something. None of the tracks "did it" for me. Unfortunately, I haven't played any of the games so I assume that must be it, since there's a ton of other OSTs that really send shivers down my everything. On the other hand, there are tracks which do it for me instantly despite me never playing the games. In any case, it seems like a nice list, but I don't see myself listening to any of it on a permanent basis. If anything, I had a fun hour of discovery.
On a related note, I can share one of my favourite end credits themes, mostly due to the bass lines which got me hooked when I first played this gem.

But Bass is too stupid to draw a line...

Listening to some Lancer. Weirdest video's sometimes, but great music. lol

I'm sorry. I shouldn't post here any more. My phone won't format it correctly.

Don't worry about it. Post 'em if you want.

Yeah, phone generated ones aren't likely to display inline, but it's not like people can't just click the link and watch it. It's one click. And I'll fix them when I see them.

If it makes you feel any better, the record label's video posts don't show inline either and I correct those, too ;)

Don't worry about it. Post 'em if you want.

Yeah, phone generated ones aren't likely to display inline, but it's not like people can't just click the link and watch it. It's one click. And I'll fix them when I see them.

If it makes you feel any better, the record label's video posts don't show inline either and I correct those, too ;)

Thanks. I apologize again. I wish I have enough time to be on my laptop enough to post from there but I'm always busy. Tapatalk is the only reason I'm ever on here.