The what's going on in Thrash thread

We had a few years back in the 80's that were in dingy dark laneways (one of which is now named AC/DC Lane) and just getting to the place was half the fun. As a teenager it was like going somewhere you knew you shouldn't be :) They were also one of the best places to get bootlegs, way back before every man and his dog could record a concert an post it on the internet.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/you-can-buy-hellyeahs-tour-bus-but-its-not-cheap

I'd buy the one that was Tim McGraw's at least it was guaranteed to woman in it once.

Apart from the bit about not running for three years which would be a red flag $80K is cheap for two second hand touring buses in this country. My wife used to work for a local bus company and even twenty year old coaches go for more than that here, one decked out for an actual band would easily go higher.

Just had another listen to the Gone In April video. Not really a fan of the whole clean and growly vocals together, makes it sound too much like that screamo shit my teenage nieces listen too. There is some symphonic metal I do like and in parts that song doesn't sound too bad but there is some parts that just don't seem to fit. Not sure what their fist album sounds like but I'm not sure I'd rush to buy the current one based on that video.

I don't mind the genre, I don't like every band in it just like I don't like every band in thrash or death metal but as much as I hate a new genre for every new pair of underpants a band member creates I can see some value in melodic metal

Reactions: Neptune
The music is fine the style fuckin sucks lol. Hey lets be really edgy and have a metal band with an opera singer and a screamo. No thanks. Edge taken right out of it.

The music is fine the style fuckin sucks lol. Hey lets be really edgy and have a metal band with an opera singer and a screamo. No thanks. Edge taken right out of it.

I can't really talk I listen to a lot of folk metal with violins and hurdy gurdys and operatic type singing. I like something different from time to time, Currently I'm giving Korpiklaani's live album a spin, I don't care that a lot of it is in another language I just like the music they create.....and there is something funny about hearing the band and the fans scream "Wodka, Wodka, Wodka!'

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I don't like my metal neutered but 90% of those playing it should be.

"Wodka Wodka Wodka!"

Jnr prepping Kiko to do next weeks interviews :)

Speaking of Metal with violins. I love this one. It's great really loud or with headphones.

My missus keeps finding metal covers with things like violins and cellos and stuff. Some of it's good but apparently not the same as when I fart to the tune of some of her favourite songs.

They should have asked if he would like to be a hologram! I don't wanna see it. Unless the people signed off on it before they died. I disagree with him about Wendy Dio. I don't think she has the right just because she was married to him. Unless like I said Dio signed off on it.

Reactions: Slammed