The what's going on in Thrash thread

I might be exaggerating a little bit but the first report I read said he was involved in a car accident and he was hospitalised with the shows being cancelled indefinitely, then it was about 8 hours after that I read it was a skateboard accident and he was just injured.

Reactions: redfly
Was only a week or so ago. Blabber first reported he was involved in a car accident, then they retracted the article sometime after that when the full story came out.

In instances like that I just assume it's some race to be first with the news. The guy has an accident, the details are sketchy so sites run with something then retract what could be wrong later but in the mean time they are only 'reporting' what they heard and hopefully getting their name on search engines first.

Ah shit, I tried to post a message suggesting I need to remember to watch that TA video this morning before breakfast but obviously the message didn't post and I forgot anyway. Will have to remember tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I guess after spending so much time working in such a small group change is difficult but I think Kerry would be harder to convince than Tom.

That TA interview above verbalises what a lot of written articles haven't explained well over the last 18 months. Tom's talk of 'business' is a big thing for them, they could be called naive for not doing so earlier and that would be part of the reason that it's a bigger job now but quite a few articles I've read seem to almost gloss over them trying to do 'business' stuff as a small job but even with lawyers and managers doing the majority of the work if it's been let go for so long it's probably a minefield of shit.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I really don't know, that's really it lol. Kerry has been saying he's open to it. But Gary is showing tom stuff and not Kerry? Just don't get it lol.

I find it funny too lol verging on annoying at how many people ask this question. It doesn't matter how much people..or I like Exodus or Overkill or whoever! lol. Or how greatly they've been waving the metal flag. They didn't have the numbers then and they really don't now. Sad but true.

Yeah this was better than every single thing I've read the past year. You can't really blame them. I can imagine this stuff can get complicated quick. And with a band of thirty five years and all the different people that have been involved it could be a nightmare.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Years ago I remember an interview with Kerry and Jeff where they said that despite both of them mostly being credited with the songs many were written separately and brought together later. So it could well be something as simple as the three of them haven't sat in the same room and discussed anything specific, but they have been working with stuff and as yet Kerry hasn't be sharing. Kerry reportedly wrote most of God Hates Us All by himself only getting input on his own songs when they entered the studio.

I remember years ago there was a push for the big 4 and then the bay area 4 and then something else and then something else. The silly thing is none of the fans really give a shit, they just want music. When those Big 4 concerts happened a few years ago I guess they were a really good draw card for fans but there was so many stories about the bands fighting with each other very few concerts got reported on without some sort of bullshit over shadowing them. I've got the Big 4 DVD and looking at the show I don't really think I would have wanted to see it live.

It would be great if that is all it is. And it would be funny if Gary did finally contribute and people hated it even more. I mean I'll probably like it, but the shit talkers :rofl:

Yeah lol what was it? The Tectonic four for Germany? It just doesn't have the same ring to it. And you're right, interviewers will ask as if it's something important. The fans don't really care that much, it's not a competition for us like press would have it sound. I have that Big4 box set.For me it was really cool. It's one of those things I had thought about over the years. I never really thought it would happen. I really never ever thought I would ever see Megadeth and Metallica together, and to have Dave up there playing with them was...well I was like a kid at Christmas lol.

The bad attitude stuff I heard was kind of vague. Was it Tom or Kerry that said everything was cool except one person? Hinting at Dave I think?
I never heard anyone in Metallica say anything about it. Maybe I remember Scott saying something along the lines of what Tom or Kerry said.
All I've heard from Mustaine is he wants to do it but wants equal time.
It was cool while it lasted at least for me lol

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune