The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'm not sure about the band name. I'm not sure about the other players. But most of all I'm not sure what the fuck avant garde alt-metal is.
I think Avant Garde alt metal means they have a built in excuse when the music is all over the place and it doesn't sound good! It's an extremely pretentious sounding term. I'm really surprised by this. The whole thing. The players, the name. everything.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I think Avant Garde alt metal means they have a built in excuse when the music is all over the place and it doesn't sound good! It's an extremely pretentious sounding term. I'm really surprised by this. The whole thing. The players, the name. everything.

So any instrument goes, including pots, pants, glass jugs?

Reactions: Neptune
Tom often copped crap for his screaming from people who claimed Slayer didn't deserve the accolades they got, but I'm not really sure Patton quite nails it, especially the first one :)

Reactions: redfly
I think Alex is the sort of guy that could easily turn into the thrash metal Ted Nugent (on the opposite side of the fence), but in his defence he hasn't.
If Ted only complained about politics, yes. But Ted complains about absolutely everything. And. Is pretty wrong in his takes. Alex could do it! But he'd have to lose his mind first!

Reactions: Slammed
If Ted only complained about politics, yes. But Ted complains about absolutely everything. And. Is pretty wrong in his takes. Alex could do it! But he'd have to lose his mind first!

Well Ted lost his mind so Alex could do it :)

Reactions: redfly