The what's going on in Thrash thread

He always looks like Bobby but as a younger guy he always had slight girlish features under those locks, around the cheekbones and eyes. He didn't get the angry metal face until he was a few albums in.
I never thought of them as girlie. features. Just not some ugly mean faced guy lol. But yeah, he's got the metal face now!

Reactions: Slammed
Metal Injection have had a few articles lately that haven't been on Blabber and the comment section is turned off by default. The problem is they only have 5 or 6 things at most a day, some days it's none. They also don't have very long articles, which can be good, but they do lack content.
Metalsucks gets some news articles but is owned by the same people who own MI so it's very similar
No Clean Singing seems to be updated quite regularly but it's more heavier, darker music.
Last Rites, (or yourlastrites) has a lot of reviews but does have 'features' which come close to news.
lambgoat has news but it's probably more about hardcore than thrash
invisibleoranges seems relatively current and has a lot of variety
Loudwire are kind of a MI clone but has more weird stories.
Metalstorm used to be good for reviews, not sure how up to date their news is
Metalundergorund seems to be updated regularly now and it's wide ranging.

Blabber do update themselves more often than pretty much every site hence the reason people go there, but there is plenty of other sites. Most have Facebook and follow many bands which is where a lot of the stories originate, or in some cases are stolen from. The only way to get more targeted news is to follow every band on Facebook.

Reactions: redfly
Thanks! There's four I've never heard of and a couple I'd forgotten about.

I hope Nugent gets gored by one of the poor exotic animals he stocks his land with. But I'm sure he'd never get close enough for that.

Really the best site, and it sucks to say it, is Facebook. Most bands link to articles about them, or articles they've done for sites. Blabber pretty much just follow those links, add a paragraph or two of their own, offer a link and go on to the next band.

The animals probably have taste!

You know you can do it and never, ever, ever tell people you did it.
And if you sign up with a made up name, like Wallace P Tallywacker for instance, no one will ever know it's you even if they do see the name. Unless of course your name is Wallace P Tallywacker.

Haha. Man. I wish it was!

Yeah I would probably do it under Redfly or Red Fly, whatever. I just don't like them. I don't like their business practices and don't trust them at all.

No one likes them, their business, or the way they do things, but they only have access to what you give them. Made up name, free email address, bogus street address, fake phone numbers, the worst FB can get is your IP address which pretty much every site can get anyway. They might be able to view your search habits just like Google does. Google probably have more information about your habits than FB gets given they share all the data from gmail, searching and youtube, whereas FB only gets what's left in cookies. If you run an ad blocker, or even a specific FB cleaner you can get rid of pretty much every piece of targeted advertising so whatever they do collect is pointless anyway. Apart from that Zucker doesn't care if you follow Testament and Dolly Parton, there is no money in sharing that information with anyone.