The what's going on in Thrash thread

Lol. There's no expense to spare! That would be really cool. I'd have to make it in breaks. No way do I have the finger stamina that some of these guys have. I only play for like ten minute spurts. There's a lot of them. But still it's only like ten minutes...I might have ADHD. :p

Go and ask a bank for a loan. Hit up a loan shark! Ask a local motorcycle gang if you can borrow some money. The options are endless!!

Everyone has ADHD by today's standards :) The good producer you get by paying the big bucks will work with you on this matter and give you the breaks you need....or you just time your breaks with his, every 5 minutes when he takes a chance to snort some more white powder....which you paid for!

Go and ask a bank for a loan. Hit up a loan shark! Ask a local motorcycle gang if you can borrow some money. The options are endless!!

Everyone has ADHD by today's standards :) The good producer you get by paying the big bucks will work with you on this matter and give you the breaks you need....or you just time your breaks with his, every 5 minutes when he takes a chance to snort some more white powder....which you paid for!
Hahaha! All great ideas!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
It is better songwriting than they have showed in a while but it seems like that same metallic highly compressed production that they have had since Day of Reckoning. Will reserve judgment until I have listened to it through a proper system with better speakers.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Yeah pretty much. Although I do admit on at least one occasion deliberately fucking up the result because of the claims that people who didn't vote "right" (right being their way) made the polls invalid.

Haha, yeah, well, I have been forever outcrowd on this forum so I don't blame you, Slammed. I remember some of those polls there were members who would worship and build up some obscure releases that are just alright and act offended if anyone offered a contrarian opinion.

Yep. I admit I don't deeply analyse every album. I don't trawl lyric sheets for good or bad lyrics. I don't judge based on producer. I don't break down riffs, solos, breaks or whatever and I generally don't focus too much on production. I focus on whether I like the sound of an album, how much I listen to an album and whether I really do want to play it again. If that offends some people and doesn't get their favourite album ranked as high as it could I don't give a fuck. As I said early on in response to such comments about my voting, 'it's supposed to be MY vote, not my vote as judged by you!"

Did you guys see Blabbers score for the Exodus album? Straight up 7. Lol. Their basic reasoning was that they put in too many riffs and had too many cool things going on in each song.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/persona-non-grata/

Blabbermouth gives virtually every album a 7 or an 8. They have to be some of the least objective music reviews in history. I'm sure they don't want to tick off any of the metal labels that sent them promos.

I did listen to a band called Shape of Despair that got the rare 9 on there and it was THE MOST BORING music I have EVER heard, in any genre. Someone must be really high to call that exceptional art.

Nevertheless, this is Exodus' best album since TOTD in my estimation.

Blabbermouth gives virtually every album a 7 or an 8. They have to be some of the least objective music reviews in history. I'm sure they don't want to tick off any of the metal labels that sent them promos.

I did listen to a band called Shape of Despair that got the rare 9 on there and it was THE MOST BORING music I have EVER heard, in any genre. Someone must be really high to call that exceptional art.

Nevertheless, this is Exodus' best album since TOTD in my estimation.
Yeah. I've noticed though, that since a few people made fun of it that they've gone through a period of everything being 8 and up. Maybe it's legit. but it's Blabber so I doubt it.
Yeah I don''t think they deserved what they got from Blabber at all. Good album.

Reactions: Slammed