The what's going on in Thrash thread

You're not a real thrash fan unless you enjoy more than one Exodus album IMHO.
Saying you like Bonded by Blood because Metal Injection/Revolver told you that you had to doesn't count.
I don't really get how people can only like Bonded.They are missing out on some really good stuff. I would have loved another album with Paul though. I do think it was a bad thing to fire him.

Yeah. I've noticed though, that since a few people made fun of it that they've gone through a period of everything being 8 and up. Maybe it's legit. but it's Blabber so I doubt it.
Yeah I don''t think they deserved what they got from Blabber at all. Good album.

Realistically you can't blame Blabber for wanting to keep the peace. It's one thing to have all the negativity in the comments because that can be blamed on the users, but if their reviews created the same negativity it would be on them. Also keeping the labels happy keeps them in news.

I guess one of the reasons I take more notice of the review itself than the rating at the end is because none of us really review things with an unbiased mind. The score at the end is pretty much just a 'too long didn't read' summary, read the words and it may actually be explained why the album scored what it did. However just because Blabber rates something I don't like a 10 and something I do a 5 doesn't change anything for me.

Realistically you can't blame Blabber for wanting to keep the peace. It's one thing to have all the negativity in the comments because that can be blamed on the users, but if their reviews created the same negativity it would be on them. Also keeping the labels happy keeps them in news.

I guess one of the reasons I take more notice of the review itself than the rating at the end is because none of us really review things with an unbiased mind. The score at the end is pretty much just a 'too long didn't read' summary, read the words and it may actually be explained why the album scored what it did. However just because Blabber rates something I don't like a 10 and something I do a 5 doesn't change anything for me.
No of course their reviews and ratings don't mean anything to me. It's all for clicks. I'm going to buy what I want regardless. But how dare you suggest I would ever say anything unbiased! :p
TeeHee. Stryper got a 5.Or was it 4? Probably the only unbiased review Blabber has ever done!....:D....:erk:

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
No of course their reviews and ratings don't mean anything to me. It's all for clicks. I'm going to buy what I want regardless. But how dare you suggest I would ever say anything unbiased! :p
TeeHee. Stryper got a 5.Or was it 4? Probably the only unbiased review Blabber has ever done!....:D....:erk:

Okay your forced my hand. The only person in the world who gives unbiased reviews is redfly!

Which Stryper album was that? I read a headline somewhere yesterday that Sweet reckoned their new stuff is the best stuff they've written, but I think they are in the studio still writing.

What the hell. Another freakin ep? What is wrong with them. They want to say thank you? Show us you can make an album.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vio-lence-hopes-to-record-another-ep-by-the-fall/

Haha, I read that this morning and just clicked away from it. Okay I kind of get his point that he wants to keep the flow of new music coming and 2 EP's a year between shows would actually do that, but let's face it his record at getting EP's or albums out right now is not great and I can't see him getting 2 out in a calendar year.

I also think 2 EP's a year is a risk. On an album you can sort of hide filler, fans know it's there but it's swamped with 10 other songs that are better than it, you might even get away with two dud tracks and lets face it every band's written them. But if you drop a 5 track and even one track is filler fans wont like it, drop two fillers and fans wont buy it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Okay your forced my hand. The only person in the world who gives unbiased reviews is redfly!

Which Stryper album was that? I read a headline somewhere yesterday that Sweet reckoned their new stuff is the best stuff they've written, but I think they are in the studio still writing.
Now you've got it! :)

It was their last album. People were so mad. "How come Testament can write about witches but when Stryper writes about God it's different?!!:yell:

Maybe because Testament isn't trying to indoctrinate you into their religion?

Haha, I read that this morning and just clicked away from it. Okay I kind of get his point that he wants to keep the flow of new music coming and 2 EP's a year between shows would actually do that, but let's face it his record at getting EP's or albums out right now is not great and I can't see him getting 2 out in a calendar year.

I also think 2 EP's a year is a risk. On an album you can sort of hide filler, fans know it's there but it's swamped with 10 other songs that are better than it, you might even get away with two dud tracks and lets face it every band's written them. But if you drop a 5 track and even one track is filler fans wont like it, drop two fillers and fans wont buy it.
I get it but I don't. Albums are a solid and proven way of having fresh music. You put out an album you tour (when you can) then you work on another album. Ep's are for haha's. But yeah I agree with you.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Now you've got it! :)

It was their last album. People were so mad. "How come Testament can write about witches but when Stryper writes about God it's different?!!:yell:

Maybe because Testament isn't trying to indoctrinate you into their religion?

Don't get too cocky or I'll get you to review something :p

Witches were fairly well feared a few hundred years ago, the same people fear a god from thousands of years ago. Maybe Iron Maiden were right, Fear is the key to what you want to....sing about.

I get it but I don't. Albums are a solid and proven way of having fresh music. You put out an album you tour (when you can) then you work on another album. Ep's are for haha's. But yeah I agree with you.

I think Vio-lence is at a point where tours are only going to be of the US and Canada with maybe the odd trip to Europe to play mid tier at a festival. Therefore having an EP ready between such shows does offer fans new music, but I just can't see it being sustainable for long.

Reactions: Neptune