The what's going on in Thrash thread

I thought Senjutsu was a huge mistake and the less said about Dance of Death the better. :lol:

I go back to Dance occasionally and don't hate it but really don't remember it very well after it's stopped playing. Senjitsu has grown on me, I kind of liked it when it first came out but with every listen it gets better.

(psst redfly I told you we couldn't trust him!!)

I had an Uncle who chose the motorcycle gang option back in the 80s. He ended up skipping town for a decade and hiding out in Key West, Florida. Rest in Peace Uncle Bob. I learned a lot about how not to become a flim-flam man from him.

When I was a younger lad, and cars had square wheels made of stones, actually not that long ago. I was working for a party hire mob about 25 years ago, we used to put up marquees, rent out the chairs, tables, etc etc and every year we'd do the Hells Angels biannual piss up. It was one of those jobs where you worked with your eyes closed, i.e what you did see you forgot very fucking quickly! In general they were nice guys and some would come up and have a chat, but you knew your line and you didn't step over it. My first year I was counting and washing the chairs when they came back and I told the Storeman we were six chairs short. His response was, "Are you going to fucking ask for them back?" I was a smart mouth (as were most of us) and I did suggest that was his job, but understood what he meant.

The Hells Angles used the party hire mob twice a year, it was worth more than $35K to the company and every year the MC souvenired some items, but they always paid their bills, sometimes even offered us drinks if it was hot while we set up. It was one of those situations where even being friends with the owner I knew that the guys at the top really don't need to be bothered by every little detail, even when they ask direct questions like, "Did the Angels return all our stuff?"

Keep doing you, Slammed!:kickass: A lot of times I look at my ratings and end year lists compared to others and think, man, I am way out of touch with the popular trends, but I have always thought the spirit of metal has been doing your own thing and not giving a shit what others think about it! :kickass:

I might well be tone deaf. I might even be partially deaf, (I would know the answer to this if I'd taken all those hearing tests my mother insisted upon while she worked at a hearing center for 20 years). I could just be lazy. But when I read some people reviews of songs, especially on those polls where it's song against song, I can't for the life of me pick up half the shit some people claim to hear that helps them judge one song over another. Sure I can hear a lead break, or the differences between solos etc but I swear some of those idiots would claim they could hear the producer lifting his left butt cheek and therefore leaning too hard on the right side of the desk and compressing the sound in the right speakers just enough to make it sound artificial. Fuck me I spent ages on and off in studios for both audio and video and unless the producer lets out a tremendous fart as he leans I don't know when his lifting his butt cheek.

Testament have also posted on FB that they have an announcement coming March 1. I assume it will be naming the drummer to replace Gene rather than anything else given that they have a tour coming up soon and need someone to beat the skins.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Testament have also posted on FB that they have an announcement coming March 1. I assume it will be naming the drummer to replace Gene rather than anything else given that they have a tour coming up soon and need someone to beat the skins.
NB is re releasing Formation in a few different formats.
With three bonus tracks.
1. The New Order (Alcatraz Revisited)
2. Practice What Your Preach (Alcatraz Revisited)
3. Souls Of Black (Alcatraz Revisited)

https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/sh...ustom_keywords=testament&custom_deliverable=f

dAqe1kGdPZg36SHtCHBlba309Qjz4L0VJAf8e_5nYdXw_E3if9Y7NZ4BX_q9IA-_FFcnEgw2EtGNgKK2GW6q0JQ8GCOL38DpkG7HYXEPfn2IyI-C4Xd5tmumSSJ3XQYMsiUSMsOqtU-F9BuDW5WXVVOFkRRvA08=s0-d-e1-ft

NB is re releasing Formation in a few different formats.
With three bonus tracks.
1. The New Order (Alcatraz Revisited)
2. Practice What Your Preach (Alcatraz Revisited)
3. Souls Of Black (Alcatraz Revisited)

https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/sh...ustom_keywords=testament&custom_deliverable=f

dAqe1kGdPZg36SHtCHBlba309Qjz4L0VJAf8e_5nYdXw_E3if9Y7NZ4BX_q9IA-_FFcnEgw2EtGNgKK2GW6q0JQ8GCOL38DpkG7HYXEPfn2IyI-C4Xd5tmumSSJ3XQYMsiUSMsOqtU-F9BuDW5WXVVOFkRRvA08=s0-d-e1-ft

Surely that's not the 'big news we wont release until March 1" if it's already on NB's site?

Mind you I do wonder if the oxblood vinyl is close to the colour of oxblood, I really don't want it if it's off shade.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It's not their fault you wont let them evolve into something different, not everyone wants Fear Of The Dark 2 :p

Surfing peasant?
Lol. Honestly I'm just stabbing at FOTD. I remember a lot of people hating on it. I can only think of a few songs from it. but that is the last one I bought until Brave New World and then A Matter Of Life And Death. And I'm not really sure if those are back to back.
They can evolve all they want to. But that doesn't mean I'm going with them! :). But I'm also not gonna bash them because they have.

Surfing pheasant!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed