The what's going on in Thrash thread

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...hite-zombie-members-get-off-album-due-in-may/

"We wanted to make a high-energy, kick-ass rock and roll record from top to bottom. All killer, no filler."

I don't know about you but that sounds amazing 5 years after Scott told the world he was writing heavy, aggressive music for that other band he's in! But honestly I think the first comment on the article sums everything up nicely.

Steven C Brady Scott can do this bollocks but not an Anthrax record? Scott is a wanker.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...hite-zombie-members-get-off-album-due-in-may/

"We wanted to make a high-energy, kick-ass rock and roll record from top to bottom. All killer, no filler."

I don't know about you but that sounds amazing 5 years after Scott told the world he was writing heavy, aggressive music for that other band he's in! But honestly I think the first comment on the article sums everything up nicely.

Steven C Brady Scott can do this bollocks but not an Anthrax record? Scott is a wanker.
Man I fucking hate Brady. He is a total cunt. And expert on America. I'm guessing from our tv and movies. But yeah, that was my first thought too.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Man I fucking hate Brady. He is a total cunt. And expert on America. I'm guessing from our tv and movies. But yeah, that was my first thought too.

Oh I didn't realise he was a somebody? I thought it was just another name on a comment.

I totally understand Scott wanting to do something with his wife (although I'm not sure it's a supergroup), but when he's done fuck all with the band that put him in a position to make an album with his wife, in 6 years, it's getting boring. He obviously has time, covid restrictions aren't a problem for him, yet Anthrax still can't even make a studio? Seems to me that they don't want to!

So I went back to listen to old Vio-lence to see if there was something I was missing or whether the new EP just isn't as good as their old stuff. It really is a long time since I listened to Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing The Masses (I don't own the other three albums so I looked them up on YT) and while they were playing I realised I'd forgotten a lot about the band. In short I'd say they haven't changed too much, which is probably why they are getting reasonable reviews for the EP. (dare I say it...nostalgia)

However what I had obviously forgotten is that while there is some great thrashy music amongst the albums, powerhouse drumming, insane riffing, which could be a reason they are respected as highly as they are 30 years on, not every song is great. But above and beyond that, and this will no doubt piss off any Vio-lence fans (if there is any), Sean's vocals generally suck. I actually thought on the new EP he'd changed his vocal styles, but that's what I get for not listening to the albums for a long time, because he really hasn't changed and he really isn't that good.

Oh I didn't realise he was a somebody? I thought it was just another name on a comment.

I totally understand Scott wanting to do something with his wife (although I'm not sure it's a supergroup), but when he's done fuck all with the band that put him in a position to make an album with his wife, in 6 years, it's getting boring. He obviously has time, covid restrictions aren't a problem for him, yet Anthrax still can't even make a studio? Seems to me that they don't want to!
Yeah he's right up there with DW and that other one Ellsworth.

Exactly. I don't begrudge that either. But six years for what should be your main focus is stupid. Is this that bands second album since Kings came out?!

Reactions: Slammed
So I went back to listen to old Vio-lence to see if there was something I was missing or whether the new EP just isn't as good as their old stuff. It really is a long time since I listened to Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing The Masses (I don't own the other three albums so I looked them up on YT) and while they were playing I realised I'd forgotten a lot about the band. In short I'd say they haven't changed too much, which is probably why they are getting reasonable reviews for the EP. (dare I say it...nostalgia)

However what I had obviously forgotten is that while there is some great thrashy music amongst the albums, powerhouse drumming, insane riffing, which could be a reason they are respected as highly as they are 30 years on, not every song is great. But above and beyond that, and this will no doubt piss off any Vio-lence fans (if there is any), Sean's vocals generally suck. I actually thought on the new EP he'd changed his vocal styles, but that's what I get for not listening to the albums for a long time, because he really hasn't changed and he really isn't that good.
I don't know their old stuff too much. A song here and there. But I agree on the vocals. Thery're okay. But that's as far as I'm going to go.
I'm glad their big fans seem happy though.

Yeah he's right up there with DW and that other one Ellsworth.

Exactly. I don't begrudge that either. But six years for what should be your main focus is stupid. Is this that bands second album since Kings came out?!

Second album but the first was 2015. Apparently the first was a collection of songs from the lead singers band Mother Superior who had 8 albums. I don't know that band but according to Wiki the three members of Mother Superior backed Rollins for 3 albums as the last line up of the Rollins Band. As MS they also apparently did session work with Anthrax, Lemmy, Queens Of The Stone Age and Patton.

But the kicker is this bit:
A few years after Mother Superior disbanded, vocalist Pearl Aday reached out to Wilson as a gift for her husband, guitarist Scott Ian of Anthrax. A longtime Mother Superior fan, Ian wanted to play some of his favorite Mother Superior songs with Wilson. Aday, Ian and Wilson were joined by bassist Joey Vera (Fates Warning, Armored Saint) and drummer John Tempesta (The Cult, Exodus, Testament, and White Zombie). This led to the group re-recording twelve of the songs and releasing them in 2015 under the name Motor Sister.
So the whole Motor Sister thing is because Scott is a bigger fan or rock music than he is of metal.

I don't know their old stuff too much. A song here and there. But I agree on the vocals. Thery're okay. But that's as far as I'm going to go.
I'm glad their big fans seem happy though.

Some are really talking it up, but I honestly wish it was an instrumental!

Second album but the first was 2015. Apparently the first was a collection of songs from the lead singers band Mother Superior who had 8 albums. I don't know that band but according to Wiki the three members of Mother Superior backed Rollins for 3 albums as the last line up of the Rollins Band. As MS they also apparently did session work with Anthrax, Lemmy, Queens Of The Stone Age and Patton.

But the kicker is this bit:
A few years after Mother Superior disbanded, vocalist Pearl Aday reached out to Wilson as a gift for her husband, guitarist Scott Ian of Anthrax. A longtime Mother Superior fan, Ian wanted to play some of his favorite Mother Superior songs with Wilson. Aday, Ian and Wilson were joined by bassist Joey Vera (Fates Warning, Armored Saint) and drummer John Tempesta (The Cult, Exodus, Testament, and White Zombie). This led to the group re-recording twelve of the songs and releasing them in 2015 under the name Motor Sister.
So the whole Motor Sister thing is because Scott is a bigger fan or rock music than he is of metal.
Oh no! But not shocked lol. What about his other band? Does that make two albums since Kings?

Oh no! But not shocked lol. What about his other band? Does that make two albums since Kings?

Other band? He had that other band they called a supergroup, Iconoclast or something, but they haven't done anything I don't think. He did an album with that Posehn dude from Big Bang Theory. I can't think of what other band he had right now.

Reactions: redfly