The what's going on in Thrash thread

This was posted on Flotz FB page by Ken Mary I don't know if anyone wants to read this but Ken went to the trouble of writing it so it's probably worth sharing on his behalf.

NO WAR
My family knows something about the hardships civilians face in a war. My grandfather, grandmother, mother, and my aunts and uncles were living in Poland during WWII. Of the 70 million people that perished in that war, 50 million were civilians.
My grandfather saw many war atrocities. He saw people lined up in the streets and executed. My grandmother collapsed onto the ground and pulled her hair out mourning the loss of her friends. Their oldest son died in my grandfather's arms of appendicitis since no doctors were available. He heard both Hitler and Stalin speak on the radio, and would have been shot for having that radio if found out. At one point during the war, renegade Russian soldiers entered my grandfather’s home, held the family at gunpoint, threatened to shoot him and took all the food, blankets, and supplies the family had to live on. My mother, who was five years old, remembers all of this clearly and suffered PTSD as a result. My grandmother made grass soup to help them all survive, and so parasites were in their dietary tracts.
By the hand of God, they survived that war. My grandfather was able to emigrate to the US with my mother and three of the other kids. They sailed to NYC and arrived at Ellis Island. My mother didn’t speak English, and all the family possessed was in the suitcases they carried.
My grandfather left my grandmother on their farm in Poland with one of my aunts and one of my uncles. When the iron curtain came down, my grandmother, aunt and uncle were stuck under communist rule for seven years. Soldiers came to the farm and the communist government seized the property and sent them into the streets. Without relatives in the country, they may have perished. Finally, after years of letters to government agencies from both countries, the day came when they were able to leave Poland and emigrate to the US.
My grandmother took a cab ride once she arrived in NYC. When she saw a NYC police officer walking on the street, she frantically ducked down to the floor of the cab. In communist Poland, being seen by the police could result in some very “uncomfortable” situations, including your being taken away for an indeterminate amount of time.
As the first generation born in this country, I have a deep appreciation for the safety and opportunity the United States provided. In less than one full generation living in the US, my family thrived. My mother, unable to even speak English when she arrived, received her masters degree. I won’t list the rest of my families accomplishments, but they are extensive. I cannot think of another country in the world that would have provided my family with those opportunities. The US literally saved their lives, and thus mine.
My heart goes out to the civilians of the Ukraine. I cannot even imagine the horror that is happening there. I did see video of a tank crushing a car with an old man inside. These are people, not “military targets,” and there is no excuse for this kind of behavior from any soldier.
Most people in the US just cannot relate to what’s going on there. I do only because of my family’s history. What I heard growing up makes one understand how fragile life is, and how quickly world events can sweep away your reality, your security, your possessions, your friends… everything. Please pray for the people of the Ukraine and for peace.
Wow. Holy shit.Heartbreaking. That's all the words I have.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I think some of the vocals on RIP are pretty cringy. I think the vocals on SFSGSW are perfect. I also like the vocals on Countdown. Go figure :p. I love Overkill. I love Blitz. But I don't like when he mixes vibrato with his gutter rat voice too much. I think the vocals on TYOD and a few others are perfect. Overall though. I don't really go for "singers" in thrash. It takes away from the aggression for me. But you know I'm a big fan of Joey's and Of course AK would be my favorite "singer" I thought Mike Howe blended singing with aggression perfectly.

There is a lot of good vocal performances but even the best of them will sometimes get it wrong. Live shows really do show the limits of some people. Look at the likes of Bach these days, the guy can still do a good job of those older songs, but on a bad night he's as bad as the current lead singer of Skid Row. It will be interesting to see how guys like Mustaine manage after long periods away. We've seen Blitz and Zetro back on the circuit and they seem to be okay, but there is a whole bunch of bands who will have to come back eventually.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...megadeth-following-david-ellefsons-dismissal/

So we have a date now. I hope they keep reminding us that it's coming out or I might forget.

Interesting difference between Blabber and Metal Injection. Both are quoting the same Loudwire article but Blabber headlines with Lomenzo in the band, MI suggests that Lomenzo filling in for a few shows is only hinting at him rejoining full time.

Edit: watching the video I can see why Blabber went with that they did. Whether it's what Dave actually meant is open to interpretation but he definitely says the exact words Blabber used.
Something else that stands out in the video is how strange Dave looks, he's not just getting old but he's looking quite fragile and it seems he looses concentration easily.
Honestly I hope he is not permanent. But I think he will be. Gotta wonder why he isn't the one who played bass on the album. Lol I wonder how long before he announces who did?

Honestly I hope he is not permanent. But I think he will be. Gotta wonder why he isn't the one who played bass on the album. Lol I wonder how long before he announces who did?

Watch the video, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the guy told me he forgot who played on the album :)

Reactions: redfly
There is a lot of good vocal performances but even the best of them will sometimes get it wrong. Live shows really do show the limits of some people. Look at the likes of Bach these days, the guy can still do a good job of those older songs, but on a bad night he's as bad as the current lead singer of Skid Row. It will be interesting to see how guys like Mustaine manage after long periods away. We've seen Blitz and Zetro back on the circuit and they seem to be okay, but there is a whole bunch of bands who will have to come back eventually.
I actually like the live versions Blitz does more than the album versions on a lot of songs. It's the exact opposite with Joey. I think he uses too much vibrato live since he came back. The shows they did with him before he actually joined were perfect though.

I actually like the live versions Blitz does more than the album versions on a lot of songs. It's the exact opposite with Joey. I think he uses too much vibrato live since he came back. The shows they did with him before he actually joined were perfect though.

Obviously a lot more can be hidden in the studio and therefore the theoretical 'perfect' voice can be found. But I do agree Blitz live has a certain crackle able him sometimes and that crackle really works in the songs. Joey I also think is suffering a bit with getting old, he can't run around the stage and sing like he used to and he actually looses his breath during some of the longer singing spells now.

Yeah I will. But I can't just yet.

It kind of sounds like picking on Dave but he's a very different person now than he used to be. Age, the cancer battle and life have obviously taken their toll but there is more to it. Mind you the line about respecting people you play with at the end had me laughing.

Obviously a lot more can be hidden in the studio and therefore the theoretical 'perfect' voice can be found. But I do agree Blitz live has a certain crackle able him sometimes and that crackle really works in the songs. Joey I also think is suffering a bit with getting old, he can't run around the stage and sing like he used to and he actually looses his breath during some of the longer singing spells now.
I was so happy they Years Of Decay on the Wrecking Everything An evening in Asbury Park. That was perfect. Actually that whole show is perfect Blitz just crushes it.

It kind of sounds like picking on Dave but he's a very different person now than he used to be. Age, the cancer battle and life have obviously taken their toll but there is more to it. Mind you the line about respecting people you play with at the end had me laughing.
Lol He said that? Clueless. Yeah he's been on a steady decline physicaly (at least on the outside) for a number of years now. Before the cancer. But it happened very rapidly. He still looked the same on Endgame. And maybe even Super Collider.

I was so happy they Years Of Decay on the Wrecking Everything An evening in Asbury Park. That was perfect. Actually that whole show is perfect Blitz just crushes it.

Blitz even crushed it in the clips last week when the sound guy forgot to turn his mic on :)

Lol He said that? Clueless. Yeah he's been on a steady decline physicaly (at least on the outside) for a number of years now. Before the cancer. But it happened very rapidly. He still looked the same on Endgame. And maybe even Super Collider.

There is more to it, it wasn't a direct question about respect but in part of talking about touring he did mention respecting those around you.
Yeah it's weird how age effects people, my uncle has had grey hair since he was 22 so he's always looked the a little old, but now at 72 and having not seen him for a few years during covid he's turned into an old old man with the hunch and all. Where as my dad doesn't look that old, it's easy to see he's aged but he doesn't look like a really old person yet, mind you his father was in his 90's before he slowed down and really looked old.

There is more to it, it wasn't a direct question about respect but in part of talking about touring he did mention respecting those around you.
Yeah it's weird how age effects people, my uncle has had grey hair since he was 22 so he's always looked the a little old, but now at 72 and having not seen him for a few years during covid he's turned into an old old man with the hunch and all. Where as my dad doesn't look that old, it's easy to see he's aged but he doesn't look like a really old person yet, mind you his father was in his 90's before he slowed down and really looked old.
Genes can be a bitch or really good lol. My dad had jet black hair until his 60's. And in Mustaine's case heroin can be a real bitch.

Hey Neptune. And all. I just talked to Michael Gilbert. I asked him a few things. I asked if they might put No More Fun in the set for that Prog show. He said they are just now picking songs for it. I also asked him about the import. He didn't answer that one. I'm not sure that's a good sign lol. He said before that there was one. But it's been a while now.

Genes can be a bitch or really good lol. My dad had jet black hair until his 60's. And in Mustaine's case heroin can be a real bitch.

Oh yeah I'm pretty sure years of drugs doesn't help anyone. Even though the Rolling Stones are still going at age 241 you can see the effects drugs had on them. I wonder if weed has any effect on the way people age. I know it's good for some pain relief but wonder how it effects skin, wrinkles etc.

Hey Neptune. And all. I just talked to Michael Gilbert. I asked him a few things. I asked if they might put No More Fun in the set for that Prog show. He said they are just now picking songs for it. I also asked him about the import. He didn't answer that one. I'm not sure that's a good sign lol. He said before that there was one. But it's been a while now.

Should have asked him if we could have another album just for the sake of it, failing that if he wanted Murphy to come and play drums for the band!!!

Oh yeah I'm pretty sure years of drugs doesn't help anyone. Even though the Rolling Stones are still going at age 241 you can see the effects drugs had on them. I wonder if weed has any effect on the way people age. I know it's good for some pain relief but wonder how it effects skin, wrinkles etc.
I don't think weed has that kind of degenerative effect. I tried watching it. I got about a minute in and couldn't take it lol. Why is he wearing a winter coat? Turn the freakin heat on! Why is some record company telling him when he can release an album? He's Dave Mustaine! He could go to practically any label he wants. Saying it's hard to get records out. Testament did it. Flotsam did it. A lot of bands have done it. And why the fuck is the second question about Justis?! I'll watch the rest if you think it's worth it. But otherwise.
He does look frail. And kind of doddering. That hair isn't helping. Was that a piece he was wearing for those group photo's before Jnr got fired?
Just cut it real tight. I bet he'd look better....or get plugs like Kirk.