The what's going on in Thrash thread

I watched a few more minutes of it. I just can't do anymore. I don't really know what is. But I'd almost rather go to the dentist. Man that Paula Abdul and Milli Vanilli part was painful though. You can't really get away with that stuff when you're in your 60's. He looked foolish. I did like when Dave says: Do you remember that? And the guy is like:Yeah. I doubt that guy was even born yet. At the least probably a very little kid.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I don't think weed has that kind of degenerative effect. I tried watching it. I got about a minute in and couldn't take it lol. Why is he wearing a winter coat? Turn the freakin heat on! Why is some record company telling him when he can release an album? He's Dave Mustaine! He could go to practically any label he wants. Saying it's hard to get records out. Testament did it. Flotsam did it. A lot of bands have done it. And why the fuck is the second question about Justis?! I'll watch the rest if you think it's worth it. But otherwise.
He does look frail. And kind of doddering. That hair isn't helping. Was that a piece he was wearing for those group photo's before Jnr got fired?
Just cut it real tight. I bet he'd look better....or get plugs like Kirk.

At one point I think he's playing with a dog while the other guy talks. Then later on he's doing something just to the left of screen, then a minute later he has a pen in his hand. It's almost like he's not listening to the guy. But at the same time he's very fidgety, and forgetful, some of the commentors blamed weed but I'm not sure that's what's causing it.
Maybe Justis wont let him have heat until the album sells...Elder abuse, it's real!! :)
At one point he tells the guy (in similar words) that he ignored the cancer when he talked about the time frame between records. Well I think Dave's spent so long making excuses they just come out automatically these days.

There isn't much else in the video, in fact it's probably one of the worst interviews in a long time and it's not the interviewers fault.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I watched a few more minutes of it. I just can't do anymore. I don't really know what is. But I'd almost rather go to the dentist. Man that Paula Abdul and Milli Vanilli part was painful though. You can't really get away with that stuff when you're in your 60's. He looked foolish. I did like when Dave says: Do you remember that? And the guy is like:Yeah. I doubt that guy was even born yet. At the least probably a very little kid.

He also makes reference to the guy being in a band several times before he asks if the guy was actually in a band. Then when that got a no and the guy says he's only been away from home for 2 weeks at a time (which would only have surprised me more if he said he lived with his parents), Dave still spoke as if the guy was in a band until he eventually worked out the dude has a cat. It was weird where Dave was going and how he got there.

Reactions: Neptune
At one point I think he's playing with a dog while the other guy talks. Then later on he's doing something just to the left of screen, then a minute later he has a pen in his hand. It's almost like he's not listening to the guy. But at the same time he's very fidgety, and forgetful, some of the commentors blamed weed but I'm not sure that's what's causing it.
Maybe Justis wont let him have heat until the album sells...Elder abuse, it's real!! :)
At one point he tells the guy (in similar words) that he ignored the cancer when he talked about the time frame between records. Well I think Dave's spent so long making excuses they just come out automatically these days.

There isn't much else in the video, in fact it's probably one of the worst interviews in a long time and it's not the interviewers fault.
Yeah I don't think weed would make him fidgety. Unless he was really nervous. And this is a guy that has played to millions for decades. Could be some kind of addiction though.

Doesn't sound like I missed much! :)

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah I don't think weed would make him fidgety. Unless he was really nervous. And this is a guy that has played to millions for decades. Could be some kind of addiction though.

Doesn't sound like I missed much! :)

He's coming down from a bender :)

Nah you didn't miss that much. His talk about touring etc is a bit empty when he makes comments like respecting everyone and how boring it is to see so many tours with like bands on the bill instead of diversity. He did reference the Clash Of The Titans tour, but shit if he's got to go back to the mid 90's to find a tour of his own that was diverse he hasn't been trying very hard for a long time.

He's coming down from a bender :)

Nah you didn't miss that much. His talk about touring etc is a bit empty when he makes comments like respecting everyone and how boring it is to see so many tours with like bands on the bill instead of diversity. He did reference the Clash Of The Titans tour, but shit if he's got to go back to the mid 90's to find a tour of his own that was diverse he hasn't been trying very hard for a long time.
He referenced Clash Of The Titans for diversity? Or against?

Lol. Now that's the kind of musical diversity I can get on board with! I still think it's hilarious that it's billed as the metal tour of the year. When Testament, Exodus, Death Angel and Heathen (on some dates) will be touring.

Yeah he seemed to be suggesting that Trivium and LOG are some how different to Megadeth. I've never listened to Trivium and I know LOG do sound different to Megadeth, but diversely different? I don't think so