The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hmm, I'm not sure? Kinda rings a bell...maybe? But I'm not sure if that was something he had to do permanently? Lol I don't know anything. :lol:

It's a strange thing to consider someone doing. We usually consider taking oxygen as a thing to do in hospital but it's actually done by actors, musos and sports stars all over the world. I know Meatloaf used to do it, but I can't remember if Blitz was talking about it too.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Cool to hear some songs from Underground.

I think it's a good idea to change a few songs here and there during a tour. With such a large choice there is always going to be songs they can't do that someone wants to see but with YT what it is these days fans can pretty much see any show, so mixing up sets and trying to give all fans something is good.

It's a strange thing to consider someone doing. We usually consider taking oxygen as a thing to do in hospital but it's actually done by actors, musos and sports stars all over the world. I know Meatloaf used to do it, but I can't remember if Blitz was talking about it too.
Interesting. I'm not sure I've heard of that outside of a medical reason. Makes sense I guess. Also sounds like cheatery!

I think it's a good idea to change a few songs here and there during a tour. With such a large choice there is always going to be songs they can't do that someone wants to see but with YT what it is these days fans can pretty much see any show, so mixing up sets and trying to give all fans something is good.
Yeah I agree. But it works a lot better when it's the regular guitarist. Phil is getting the main jist and hooks in the solos. But he is fudging a lot too.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Interesting. I'm not sure I've heard of that outside of a medical reason. Makes sense I guess. Also sounds like cheatery!

Sometimes it is medical reasons, some times it's done because pure oxygen (in regulated doses) supposedly makes it easier to breath. Of course it could all be wrong and Blitz is just going back stage for a quickie.

If I was to choose one song from the albums I am familiar with for a dream Overkill setlist it would look like this:

Hello from the Gutter - Under the Influence
Batshit Crazy - Wings of War
Let's All Go To Hades - Grinding Wheel
Hammerhead - Feel the Fire
Time to Kill - Years of Decay
King of the Rat Bastards - White Devil Armory
Blood Money - Horrorscope
Overkill V - The Brand - Immortalis
The Green and Black - Ironbound
Come and Get It - The Electric Age
Loaded Rack - Relix IV

Encore
Old School - Relix IV
Welcome to the Garden State - Wings of War
Feel The Fire - Feel the Fire
Evil Never Dies - Years of Decay

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
If I was to choose one song from the albums I am familiar with for a dream Overkill setlist it would look like this:

Hello from the Gutter - Under the Influence
Batshit Crazy - Wings of War
Let's All Go To Hades - Grinding Wheel
Hammerhead - Feel the Fire
Time to Kill - Years of Decay
King of the Rat Bastards - White Devil Armory
Blood Money - Horrorscope
Overkill V - The Brand - Immortalis
The Green and Black - Ironbound
Come and Get It - The Electric Age
Loaded Rack - Relix IV

Encore
Old School - Relix IV
Welcome to the Garden State - Wings of War
Feel The Fire - Feel the Fire
Evil Never Dies - Years of Decay

I want to see them bring out Bruce Springsteen to do that end bit to Garden State :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kreators-mille-petrozza-real-war-is-not-metal-its-hell-on-earth/

It's strange that musos still have to defend shit like this today. There is a bit more to it than what Blabber shows, Millie is defending the fact that he can write the music he does because people are telling him that a 35 year old song isn't good for today's climate. Lemmy copped the same shit from people for collecting war memorabilia. Hennamen copped the same shit. Fuck me it's time people focused on the real shit in this world.

I suppose it is not unusual for a band to take a stand on political issues. It seems like most metal bands are anti-war.

Reminds me of this clip from MASH:

It's not unusual, but I really don't see why someone like Millie has to defend his position because he writes songs like Flag Of Hate. Of course he could have remained silent and let people bitch, it wouldn't have changed anything. But people getting offended by shit that's not offensive seems to be the norm these days.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kreators-mille-petrozza-real-war-is-not-metal-its-hell-on-earth/

It's strange that musos still have to defend shit like this today. There is a bit more to it than what Blabber shows, Millie is defending the fact that he can write the music he does because people are telling him that a 35 year old song isn't good for today's climate. Lemmy copped the same shit from people for collecting war memorabilia. Hennamen copped the same shit. Fuck me it's time people focused on the real shit in this world.
Yeah it's ridiculous.

Reactions: Slammed