The what's going on in Thrash thread

I bet Anthrax are hoping the crowd stays after Municipal Waste :)

They are probably going to have to play for at least 60 mins, their same old tired set wont cut it, they'll have to add new songs. But you realy do have to wonder what those songs will be. I'd actually be worried about not getting my moneys worth paying to see them headline.
So many ignored songs! Between the set list the lack of new music and the festival circuit they run like no other it's like they actually want to be considered a nostalgia act. And that's lame. Because they are a good band and still have good energy on stage.

This popped up on my FB feed a few hours ago. I know nothing about the band but this song isn't terrible.

Reactions: redfly
So many ignored songs! Between the set list the lack of new music and the festival circuit they run like no other it's like they actually want to be considered a nostalgia act. And that's lame. Because they are a good band and still have good energy on stage.

I think this tour might test out how much energy they have on stage. They are doing 28 shows with 11 nights off, with maybe a little room for extra nights being added instead of days off. I don't know that they've done that much in one go for a long time. Being head liners they need to play for at least an hour, we already know that Joey while fit does get tired towards the end of the sets and his voice goes off a bit. Being a nostalgia act might actually be a little beneficial to them with such a tour, but even without playing old an comfortable songs I think it's going to be a test for them.

I think this tour might test out how much energy they have on stage. They are doing 28 shows with 11 nights off, with maybe a little room for extra nights being added instead of days off. I don't know that they've done that much in one go for a long time. Being head liners they need to play for at least an hour, we already know that Joey while fit does get tired towards the end of the sets and his voice goes off a bit. Being a nostalgia act might actually be a little beneficial to them with such a tour, but even without playing old an comfortable songs I think it's going to be a test for them.
How long is their usual set? I know it's not an hour, but is it so far off? I think everyone will be okay honestly. Joey does a really long set with his other band and that's while playing drums! He won't be 100% later maybe. But I think he'll pull it off.
But I await the "I told you so" when it doesn't work out! :p

Megafacebook also told me today that it's the 20th Anniversary of Rude Awakening. Whoever in the Megacamp posted it said it was their first live album. I honestly thought they'd have done a live album before 2002, although I realise now that I couldn't name one so they were probably right. They must have had a live video release of their own before 2002 though.

How long is their usual set? I know it's not an hour, but is it so far off? I think everyone will be okay honestly. Joey does a really long set with his other band and that's while playing drums! He won't be 100% later maybe. But I think he'll pull it off.
But I await the "I told you so" when it doesn't work out! :p

The ones I've seen on YT (Bloodstock etc) are between 38 and about 50 min long.
I think they'll pull it off, but it will be a matter how any of them are effected. I think they'll all struggle to some degree but I think they'll also push on even if it gets hard. Obviously they all come off the road tired but if Joey's voice does waiver towards the end of the shows he's going to be the one who is most noticeable.

Megafacebook also told me today that it's the 20th Anniversary of Rude Awakening. Whoever in the Megacamp posted it said it was their first live album. I honestly thought they'd have done a live album before 2002, although I realise now that I couldn't name one so they were probably right. They must have had a live video release of their own before 2002 though.
I have the dvd of that. Was that an album too? I remember the radio would broadcast their shows sometimes in the 90's. It is surprising that that was the actual first live release.

The ones I've seen on YT (Bloodstock etc) are between 38 and about 50 min long.
I think they'll pull it off, but it will be a matter how any of them are effected. I think they'll all struggle to some degree but I think they'll also push on even if it gets hard. Obviously they all come off the road tired but if Joey's voice does waiver towards the end of the shows he's going to be the one who is most noticeable.
I guess that's what I meant. I think there won't be a notable difference. Except maybe Joey.
But I do wonder how long it's been since they did a show this long.

Reactions: Slammed
I have the dvd of that. Was that an album too? I remember the radio would broadcast their shows sometimes in the 90's. It is surprising that that was the actual first live release.

Yeah it was both, and it was also re-released recently I think.
I'd have thought they had something before it, but then if they had a VHS out maybe they never needed to do an album.
As far as albums go;
Slayer had Decade Of Aggression in 91 (Live Undead doesn't count because it's a canned audience)
Anthrax don't appear to have anything other than live songs until 94 and that was I think a last hurrah for Island records rather than a planned release
Metallica didn't have one until Binge and Purge in 93
Exodus was 91, Testament was 95, as was Overkill

So Megadeth was a bit behind the rest but they were all fairly slow getting an official live album out there.

I guess that's what I meant. I think there won't be a notable difference. Except maybe Joey.
But I do wonder how long it's been since they did a show this long.

I think they headlined Euro gigs before covid, but I don't think they've done a headlining US tour for years.

Yeah it was both, and it was also re-released recently I think.
I'd have thought they had something before it, but then if they had a VHS out maybe they never needed to do an album.
As far as albums go;
Slayer had Decade Of Aggression in 91 (Live Undead doesn't count because it's a canned audience)
Anthrax don't appear to have anything other than live songs until 94 and that was I think a last hurrah for Island records rather than a planned release
Metallica didn't have one until Binge and Purge in 93
Exodus was 91, Testament was 95, as was Overkill

So Megadeth was a bit behind the rest but they were all fairly slow getting an official live album out there.
Wait, what was 95 for Testament? A live album? They have Return To The Apocalyptic City 93 and I think live Eindhoven before that?

I skipped Return To Apocalyptic City because it was an Ep, but I totally missed Eindhoven in 87, so they were really early.
95 was Filmore

I never thought about it before. It's seems really weird that so many of these bands didn't have live albums for a good bit into their career. Especially Metallica who has been pretty meticulous about capturing live shows for their vault even way back. Of course now you couldn't pay me to listen to live album from them :).

They have had 2 years off...I'm sure they are rehearsing/training to get back up to live concert speed before the tour. I'd be happy to see a setlist heavy on songs from Worship Music and For All Kings.

Reactions: Slammed and redfly