The what's going on in Thrash thread

I always respected Slayer. I do think the solos sucked. But only on a melody and technical scale. But let’s face it. If they had had that it would have defeated the purpose and feel of the fury they created.

Aaahhh see you've got me there, I can't comment on the technical scale of solos because I can't technically play one.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
State of Euphoria sounds great....do any of those songs get played live other than Anti-Social? A lot of good, high energy songs that I am sure loyal fans would love to hear performed live.

As redfly said Be All was in the set briefly. Now It's Dark lasted for about three shows a few years ago. They did do Who Dares and Misery back in the 00's but it's another album that suffered from the short 40 min sets. When you only get a chance to play about 8 songs and a couple of them have to be from the most recent albums it doesn't give much time for old songs. Maybe the headlining tour will see some of those come back but with so many songs they haven't played for years, even if they ignore Stomp and Threat (which they should), there is still a good number of songs that will miss out.

You bloody deserve it and if you don't change you'll get another missile. Your hatred for Bush era has gone on too long. You need to get over it and step into the real world!
Bush era was legendary...well it was good for one album..name another band that had that kind of success rate!
And it was your besties Scott and Chuckles that started the radio metal path when they released the pop metal song Got the Time :p
:lol: There he is!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Completely agree. They could make a great enough set list to compete with just about anyone. But they hate that album. They always say they needed more time. But since 88 they have never given any concrete notions of what they would have actually done. differently. Or what is actually wrong with individual songs. Put up or shut up! :D

Haha that's true. They have said it so often but done nothing about it. But when you consider that they also claim there was a great progression between SOE and POT, you'd think they'd also want to explain that progression. However I've never heard either Scott or Charlie say any more than "there was progression"

Another band I don't know much about. They are touring with Overkill aren't they?

Overkill have just announced they are doing another Metal Cruise this year.
Same here. I know a few songs. But I think at some point they may have changed sound. I think Troy from Flotsam was in it when I liked them. Yeah they touring with Overkill. I still need to watch more than one song and decide how I feel about them.

Haha that's true. They have said it so often but done nothing about it. But when you consider that they also claim there was a great progression between SOE and POT, you'd think they'd also want to explain that progression. However I've never heard either Scott or Charlie say any more than "there was progression"
Right me either. It was a natural progression like the other bands. But I don't know if it goes any further than that for me.

doesn't stop anyone on Blabber :p
I am going to start looking at a new guitar. One with everything I need:):). There's so many choices! It's gonna be tough!

My daughter wants ones now, she thinks her friend who's been playing for two years will teach her how to play. I'll give her credit, if she wants to learn she will sit down with YT and learn whatever she can find, but I'd rather she concentrated on school at the moment.

Same here. I know a few songs. But I think at some point they may have changed sound. I think Troy from Flotsam was in it when I liked them. Yeah they touring with Overkill. I still need to watch more than one song and decide how I feel about them.

Well AK was full of praise for JP and Queensryche when he saw them, I haven't yet heard him praise Prong, so how good can they be? :)

Right me either. It was a natural progression like the other bands. But I don't know if it goes any further than that for me.

To me it feels like them defending something that didn't need it. Like you say it's not that different to other bands, but Scott and Charlie seemed to feel the need to defend it like it was something major in their career

Completely agree. They could make a great enough set list to compete with just about anyone. But they hate that album. They always say they needed more time. But since 88 they have never given any concrete notions of what they would have actually done. differently. Or what is actually wrong with individual songs. Put up or shut up! :D

Have they ever rereleased it or rerecorded any tracks? They could always release an updated form of the album like Exodus did with Let There Be Blood.

Have they ever rereleased it or rerecorded any tracks? They could always release an updated form of the album like Exodus did with Let There Be Blood.
It was re released a few years ago for the anniversary. I thought about that before. Because they talk so much shit for so long that you'd think they should know exactly what they would do differently to make it this unreal album. But no. They haven't. They should though.