The what's going on in Thrash thread

They really wear their influences on their sleeve on that one. Very Metallica crossed with Megadeth. Great album.

Yeah I think that's why they got so much recognition in their home land. There was no question about where they came from, just a pity they didn't find where they were going too.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Any money is good money especially after the last two years and you could be right about there being nothing else going. It's just a shame to see the bands that could do decent tours falling into the trap. Like the Bay Strikes Back tour, Dave could to just about anything with a bunch of thrash bands if he wanted too.

Didn't realize Justis had that much decision within the Megadeth organization. Didn't Megadeth have their own tour - Gigantour?

The last time I saw the deth back in 2016 on the Dystopia tour they brought out Suicidal Tendencies, Children of Bodom, and Havok, which I thought was a great lineup. Would love to see a Megadeth tour with say Testament or Kreator and then bring a young band like Enforced or Angelus Apatrida out as the opener.

Yeah the first Gigantor was about 2006 and the last about 10 years ago, they were a series of smaller tours. He's also done the Megacruises which are pretty much the same but on a smaller touring scale. So he does know how it all works and I imagine also knows the risks and the costs, but major Justis doesn't.

Justis was only recently (in the last few years) promoted to the top end of the scale at Megadeth Inc (or whatever it's called). From memory around about 2017 he was CEO of the wines and winery part of the business and then in the last year or two Dave posted a congratulations on taking over the band business. However I did also find an article from 2016 where Justis actually talks about dropping Havok from the tour and his title was head of Mustaine Management. It's only a guess that Justis has worked his way through several facets of the business, i.e Mustaine Managenment, Mustaine Wines, etc and now he's head of the Mustaine corporation of companies. In Australia I know how to search business and company names for ownership and management details but I don't know how to do that for the US so I'm only assuming those details based on how most family trust type businesses here work.

A tour with Kreator and and Testament would be a monster tour I can't see Dave wanting to do that because as good as Megadeth might be both Kreator and Testament have proven recently that they are much better live and Dave wouldn't want to play third fiddle on a tour he organises. Enforced and AA are probably a better chance to make a three band tour with Megadeth, they might still blow Dave off the stage but they have less fans so the majority of the audience will still be there to see Dave.

Yeah the first Gigantor was about 2006 and the last about 10 years ago, they were a series of smaller tours. He's also done the Megacruises which are pretty much the same but on a smaller touring scale. So he does know how it all works and I imagine also knows the risks and the costs, but major Justis doesn't.

Justis was only recently (in the last few years) promoted to the top end of the scale at Megadeth Inc (or whatever it's called). From memory around about 2017 he was CEO of the wines and winery part of the business and then in the last year or two Dave posted a congratulations on taking over the band business. However I did also find an article from 2016 where Justis actually talks about dropping Havok from the tour and his title was head of Mustaine Management. It's only a guess that Justis has worked his way through several facets of the business, i.e Mustaine Managenment, Mustaine Wines, etc and now he's head of the Mustaine corporation of companies. In Australia I know how to search business and company names for ownership and management details but I don't know how to do that for the US so I'm only assuming those details based on how most family trust type businesses here work.

A tour with Kreator and and Testament would be a monster tour I can't see Dave wanting to do that because as good as Megadeth might be both Kreator and Testament have proven recently that they are much better live and Dave wouldn't want to play third fiddle on a tour he organises. Enforced and AA are probably a better chance to make a three band tour with Megadeth, they might still blow Dave off the stage but they have less fans so the majority of the audience will still be there to see Dave.
Major Justis :lol:

With such a family affair and only paid players left in the band I wonder how long it will be until we change the band name to MegaDave....

...Or maybe just MegaMustaines.

Reactions: redfly
I'm surprised it isn't called that already! Well this is one point for Justis. I wasn't sure he'd ever picked up a guitar.

He wouldn't want to be a shit player if he did post on YT because he'd cop the wrath of the interwebs!
I'm not sure that he's ever had a band like other metal kids but that clip I think was from 2015

Reactions: redfly
He wouldn't want to be a shit player if he did post on YT because he'd cop the wrath of the interwebs!
I'm not sure that he's ever had a band like other metal kids but that clip I think was from 2015
I never heard of him having a band. But that doesn't mean he didn't. I wonder if he knows any more of the song.

Reactions: Slammed
Reactions: Slammed