The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hey, speaking of another DA. I read today that Gene is spending a lot of time of Twitch, just like Bittner did. Apparently Gene's doing up to 4 hours a day and charging enough to make a tidy little pay packet without leaving home. No idea if it's true.
It probably is. Even the doucher from Trivium makes a killing on that. People actually pay to watch others play video games. I was hoping you were going to say there was progress on Dark Angel.

Lol. Yeah well hearing about kids bringing their own computer to school sounds weird to me! Lol. Kidlet. :tickled:

Yeah it's weird, we weren't even allowed to type up our work on a computer, yet now the kids are actually required to have them in nearly every class.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah haha. It's the same but not the same.
Speaking of ego maniacs like Dave.
My friend sent me a little video of Hetfield talking about Cory...the dude from Slipknot. Anyway he's talking about not getting why people do side projects. And you can tell he tries so hard not to talk shit but just can't do it! Man he's such a clueless dick. Yeah dude, you don't get it because all your shit makes it onto an album while everyone else's stuff gets ignored. It's also clearly the attitude that made Newsted leave. He's just oblivious.

Isn't Kirk also releasing a solo album this year? :)
It's definitely a case of not understanding how the other half live. I suppose he's got himself where he has because what he did worked, but refusing to see that it doesn't work for everyone is pretty naive.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It probably is. Even the doucher from Trivium makes a killing on that. People actually pay to watch others play video games. I was hoping you were going to say there was progress on Dark Angel.

I know Bittner was charging a fee at one stage but I have no idea how much money he made. If Gene can do the same thing you can understand why he doesn't want to be on the road. Look what happened last time he went on the road and did the Slayer tour, there was times he was doing double duty and doing Slayer's video, the poor bugger needs a rest :)

Actual progress on DA would mean Gene and Ron in the same room and I think Ron is too busy with life. But that could be Gene's plan, to get shit out of the way so when Ron is ready they can jump into it.

Isn't Kirk also releasing a solo album this year? :)
It's definitely a case of not understanding how the other half live. I suppose he's got himself where he has because what he did worked, but refusing to see that it doesn't work for everyone is pretty naive.
Yeah he does. I can't wait for the chuckles. He is naive in a lot of ways. It's so strange lol. Clever but dumb. Giving yet callous.

Reactions: Slammed
I know Bittner was charging a fee at one stage but I have no idea how much money he made. If Gene can do the same thing you can understand why he doesn't want to be on the road. Look what happened last time he went on the road and did the Slayer tour, there was times he was doing double duty and doing Slayer's video, the poor bugger needs a rest :)

Actual progress on DA would mean Gene and Ron in the same room and I think Ron is too busy with life. But that could be Gene's plan, to get shit out of the way so when Ron is ready they can jump into it.
I feel like Gene is going to miss being on the road. But I could be wrong. He's been doing it a long time.

Reactions: Slammed
Lol, It was like taking the easy way out and now it's required. Crazy.

Imagine being told to do lines on a computer!
Even worse hand in your 1000 word essay as a file and not only can the teacher tell at a glance how many words it is they can tell how many times you used the word and as a filler :)

Yeah he does. I can't wait for the chuckles. He is naive in a lot of ways. It's so strange lol. Clever but dumb. Giving yet callous.

It could so easily be passed off as a rich man not understanding that poor people exist. He lives in this upper echelon world where the poor aren't seen and therefore they can't have problems, at least not problems that out weigh his.

I feel like Gene is going to miss being on the road. But I could be wrong. He's been doing it a long time.

Yeah I wonder how long it will be before he gets that way. Maybe he's figured he's getting a rest before touring with DA and maybe even the project with his wife. He has been at it a long time and he has also mentioned a few times that being on the road wasn't great for his health because even though he tried to use those powders life on the road is shit food at all hours of the day and a very messy routine. Maybe he just needs a reboot.

Didn't he grow up in a better than average family? I know Lars did, but I thought I remembered hearing James did too.
I don't think so? I don't think I've heard anything about him being well to do. Maybe he was? All I really remember is that his parents were crazy religious. I think his mom died because they were waiting for god to heal her? I might be remembering something else lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I don't think so? I don't think I've heard anything about him being well to do. Maybe he was? All I really remember is that his parents were crazy religious. I think his mom died because they were waiting for god to heal her? I might be remembering something else lol.

Wiki seems to suggest something very similar so you are remembering right

:lol: I play a Simpsons game on my tab. It's not that great, mostly because EA"s servers suck. but I'm still addicted to the stupid thing.

I was addicted to a racing game on the Switch but while cheating on the Switch isn't possible cheating is possible by those playing on other platforms and it became impossible to play since net play was required to actually get most of the rewards.