The what's going on in Thrash thread

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/t...pultura-audition-luckily-i-didnt-get-the-gig/

Chuckles having a chat about when he auditioned for Seps. Of course we are all glad he didn't get the job, more for Testament's sake than Sepultura's. There must be more than just his Seps audition in the 35 min video but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

That's the first time ever I've heard anyone say Testament was broken up when he auditioned. It clearly wasn't for very long. they had a pretty successful tour in 95 and then Demonic in 97.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I never heard of him having a band. But that doesn't mean he didn't. I wonder if he knows any more of the song.

I didn't look hard but there was nothing about a band that I saw. He's been quoted as saying the new direction the band is taking and the new music is really interesting and great (or words to that effect), both quotes were around the 2018-19 mark.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly

You don't remember Hunter Hurst Helmsly, I think his name was, part of the D Generation with Shawn Michaels and went to on marry Vince's daughter? He also had the entrance song The Game by Motorhead, apparently one of the first metal entrance songs. I haven't watched wrestling for about 20 years so I probably shouldn't be surprised he's been at it 30 years.

You got a string? Awesome! I'll have to watch this later

I did have, no idea what happened to it, but at the end of the show among the shit that the band threw out one of the things was a bass string wound up in a circle, I missed the drum stick and I wasn't going to crawl around on the floor looking for a guitar pick.

That's the first time ever I've heard anyone say Testament was broken up when he auditioned. It clearly wasn't for very long. they had a pretty successful tour in 95 and then Demonic in 97.

There is a comment in the comment section about how the 'break up' went. I guess it's a matter of perspective as to what one considers a break up as to whether the term actually fits. Seems to me Eric and Chuck hadn't so much as quit as they had no direction for a little while.

You don't remember Hunter Hurst Helmsly, I think his name was, part of the D Generation with Shawn Michaels and went to on marry Vince's daughter? He also had the entrance song The Game by Motorhead, apparently one of the first metal entrance songs. I haven't watched wrestling for about 20 years so I probably shouldn't be surprised he's been at it 30 years.
I had no idea what you were talking about until the end here where you say wrestling lol.

There is a comment in the comment section about how the 'break up' went. I guess it's a matter of perspective as to what one considers a break up as to whether the term actually fits. Seems to me Eric and Chuck hadn't so much as quit as they had no direction for a little while.
That's how I always understood it. Just between labels and Greg left. So they weren't exactly sure what to do.

I had no idea what you were talking about until the end here where you say wrestling lol.

There is only one HHH! :p

But hey you may as well not understand me today as well, I'm having a shit of a day so far and it's only 10:30am. The rear wheel on my bike somehow threw 4 or 5 spokes this 5am morning as I was barrelling down the road at 25mph so I had to push the fucking bike home with the rear wheel raised because the rim buckled so far it wouldn't spin through the frame. Hot and sweaty legs with the peddles bashing into them as I walked and tried to hold the bike up has left me looking like I've tried to slash my shins, an odd way to commit suicide I grant you. At 8am I'm presented with the kids school laptop that is falling apart because it's been bashed around and I need to fix it before we go to school at 8:30. Now it looks like a Roadies laptop, held together with gaffar tape!! And now I've just found out the portable hard drive I use to shift data between computers and the tv etc has shit itself and wont read. Sure the darn thing is 15 years old and I love pulled things apart, but fuck I've had enough for today!!

That's how I always understood it. Just between labels and Greg left. So they weren't exactly sure what to do.

Yeah this is one of those times where I think what Chuck says today and what he has said previous may not entirely match, but neither are falsehoods just a comment of the day.

There is only one HHH! :p

But hey you may as well not understand me today as well, I'm having a shit of a day so far and it's only 10:30am. The rear wheel on my bike somehow threw 4 or 5 spokes this 5am morning as I was barrelling down the road at 25mph so I had to push the fucking bike home with the rear wheel raised because the rim buckled so far it wouldn't spin through the frame. Hot and sweaty legs with the peddles bashing into them as I walked and tried to hold the bike up has left me looking like I've tried to slash my shins, an odd way to commit suicide I grant you. At 8am I'm presented with the kids school laptop that is falling apart because it's been bashed around and I need to fix it before we go to school at 8:30. Now it looks like a Roadies laptop, held together with gaffar tape!! And now I've just found out the portable hard drive I use to shift data between computers and the tv etc has shit itself and wont read. Sure the darn thing is 15 years old and I love pulled things apart, but fuck I've had enough for today!!
Hahaha! No it's me. I literally read that as HHH. Not Triple H. I have heard of him but I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up.

Holy crap man. That is not at all how to start your day off! None of it! How the hell did your bike bust all those spokes?!
I wish I could take stuff apart and understand it lol. Except I wouldn't want to be the go to guy when everything breaks!

Complete with YT videos, that's a good thing!!
The Exodus set looks a little light on in both songs and quality of songs.
Yeah it does. And I can't believe everyone is still having sound issues. Testament seems like they are plagued by them. Now I need to watch the videos because I'm surprised they scored Death Angel so low. Shit I didn't realize the link didn't go right to it. :erk:

Hahaha! No it's me. I literally read that as HHH. Not Triple H. I have heard of him but I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up.

Holy crap man. That is not at all how to start your day off! None of it! How the hell did your bike bust all those spokes?!
I wish I could take stuff apart and understand it lol. Except I wouldn't want to be the go to guy when everything breaks!

Like most wrestlers he's the biggest and ugliest fucker in the room, and probably showing off at the same time!

I don't know, the shop I bought it from seems to think it's a failure of the spokes but they can't look at it until Thursday

I'd rather not be the go to guy when he's given 20 minutes to fix things too :) I nearly told kidlet that she can go to school without her computer but I figured that was more painful for me, or my ears, than for her.

Yeah it does. And I can't believe everyone is still having sound issues. Testament seems like they are plagued by them. Now I need to watch the videos because I'm surprised they scored Death Angel so low. Shit I didn't realize the link didn't go right to it. :erk:

It's ok I found them, so others will...or wont admit to not finding them :)

I think DA might suffer a little bit from being the third band and reviewers subconsciously think they aren't as good....but I could be wrong.

Hey, speaking of another DA. I read today that Gene is spending a lot of time of Twitch, just like Bittner did. Apparently Gene's doing up to 4 hours a day and charging enough to make a tidy little pay packet without leaving home. No idea if it's true.

Like most wrestlers he's the biggest and ugliest fucker in the room, and probably showing off at the same time!

I don't know, the shop I bought it from seems to think it's a failure of the spokes but they can't look at it until Thursday

I'd rather not be the go to guy when he's given 20 minutes to fix things too :) I nearly told kidlet that she can go to school without her computer but I figured that was more painful for me, or my ears, than for her.
Lol. Yeah well hearing about kids bringing their own computer to school sounds weird to me! Lol. Kidlet. :tickled:

It's like Mustaine, there is the truth and there is today's truth, only Mustaine's is usually harmful and about others, Chuck's just forgotten something.
Yeah haha. It's the same but not the same.
Speaking of ego maniacs like Dave.
My friend sent me a little video of Hetfield talking about Cory...the dude from Slipknot. Anyway he's talking about not getting why people do side projects. And you can tell he tries so hard not to talk shit but just can't do it! Man he's such a clueless dick. Yeah dude, you don't get it because all your shit makes it onto an album while everyone else's stuff gets ignored. It's also clearly the attitude that made Newsted leave. He's just oblivious.

Reactions: Slammed