The what's going on in Thrash thread

I was addicted to a racing game on the Switch but while cheating on the Switch isn't possible cheating is possible by those playing on other platforms and it became impossible to play since net play was required to actually get most of the rewards.
Sonic (The Hedgehog) Racing is one of the free games on Playstation this month. It's really old school. I've kind of gotten addicted to it lol. So far no cheating :yell:.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Whoa, wait a minute. Didn't Metallica kick Jason out for pursuing a side project way back when? I mean, is Kirk going to tour on this album and try and sell merch? :lol::popcorn:
They basically did. Everyone was down with it, management the label everyone. Until James heard about it. Then all support dropped and he basically told he couldn't do it and be in Metallica. Lol That would funny if Kirk had a little van set up in the parking lot to sell merch. I think Kirk had also had a solo project in the 90's. Something with flaming in the title?

Whoa, wait a minute. Didn't Metallica kick Jason out for pursuing a side project way back when? I mean, is Kirk going to tour on this album and try and sell merch? :lol::popcorn:

It would be funny to see a Metallica tour put on hold so Kirk can do some small gigs around the traps. While he's at it him and Rob can book their "wedding band" as support for his solo tour.

Sonic (The Hedgehog) Racing is one of the free games on Playstation this month. It's really old school. I've kind of gotten addicted to it lol. So far no cheating :yell:.

There is whole bunch of free Nintendo games been added to the Switch. I wouldn't have a clue what they are all are but my wife seems to remember them from the early days of Nintendo and now the kids have started to play a heap of them again. Nothing is new any more :0

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They basically did. Everyone was down with it, management the label everyone. Until James heard about it. Then all support dropped and he basically told he couldn't do it and be in Metallica. Lol That would funny if Kirk had a little van set up in the parking lot to sell merch. I think Kirk had also had a solo project in the 90's. Something with flaming in the title?

I don't remember him having another solo band back that far, I only remember his Wedding band which I don't even remember a name for. But I do like the idea of a van pulling up in the car parks of arenas. "Honestly James, I know nothing about it. I didn't organise it. It must be bootleg stuff, I don't remember recording an album. Honestly I give all my work to you and Lars...by the way have you seen my phone?"

As I loaded up the "METAL" news sites this morning, with the morning news on the TV behind me, I wondered if any one was going to be able to spin the Will Smith dick move to make it into METAL news. Sure enough someone has and it had to be bloody Skolnick
https://metalinjection.net/news/tes...ls-out-will-smith-over-violence-at-the-oscars

Edit:
FFS Of course Blabber have picked up the story as well, but not only that they have a fucking story about Billy Elish reacting to Taylor Hawkins death. I realise Foo Fighters are kind of hard rockish, they even released a thrash metal album just for their movie, but Blabber shouldn't even know what the hell Billy Elish is tweeting let alone re-posting it as an valid article. Sure we were complaining the other day that Blabber needed to stop with all the Ted Talks, but shit if this is all they have I think it's time to rename them Blabber Top 40.

Last edited:
There is whole bunch of free Nintendo games been added to the Switch. I wouldn't have a clue what they are all are but my wife seems to remember them from the early days of Nintendo and now the kids have started to play a heap of them again. Nothing is new any more :0
I really wish I hadn't sold my old Nintendo stuff back in the day. I had a lot of cool games I'd still love to play. I still have Super Mario Bros but no console. I thought about getting one of those Nintendo plug ins that has the old games already on it. But I have one for Sega Genesis and it's not the same.

I don't remember him having another solo band back that far, I only remember his Wedding band which I don't even remember a name for. But I do like the idea of a van pulling up in the car parks of arenas. "Honestly James, I know nothing about it. I didn't organise it. It must be bootleg stuff, I don't remember recording an album. Honestly I give all my work to you and Lars...by the way have you seen my phone?"
Yeah I can't find it, so maybe not. Maybe it was just a song with the guy from Ministry.

As I loaded up the "METAL" news sites this morning, with the morning news on the TV behind me, I wondered if any one was going to be able to spin the Will Smith dick move to make it into METAL news. Sure enough someone has and it had to be bloody Skolnick
https://metalinjection.net/news/tes...ls-out-will-smith-over-violence-at-the-oscars

Edit:
FFS Of course Blabber have picked up the story as well, but not only that they have a fucking story about Billy Elish reacting to Taylor Hawkins death. I realise Foo Fighters are kind of hard rockish, they even released a thrash metal album just for their movie, but Blabber shouldn't even know what the hell Billy Elish is tweeting let alone re-posting it as an valid article. Sure we were complaining the other day that Blabber needed to stop with all the Ted Talks, but shit if this is all they have I think it's time to rename them Blabber Top 40.
Fucking ridiculous. I can't escape this bullshit. Yeah that Billy Elish dude should not be on Blabber. They are completely tmz. Makes me sick. Of course Skolnick and Stanley had to weigh in.

I really wish I hadn't sold my old Nintendo stuff back in the day. I had a lot of cool games I'd still love to play. I still have Super Mario Bros but no console. I thought about getting one of those Nintendo plug ins that has the old games already on it. But I have one for Sega Genesis and it's not the same.

We've still got a couple of consoles here which the kids were playing. My wife and eldest daughter used to have weekend Bubble Bobble games, but with the portability of the switches the kids just gravitated away from the TV screen. They've always loved any of the Mario racing games, but with this new Nintendo pack thing Bubble Bobble has made way for Dr Mario contests. I didn't even know what Dr Mario was until a few months back :)

Yeah I can't find it, so maybe not. Maybe it was just a song with the guy from Ministry.

In the 90's (and maybe before) he did so some songs with other people and he did some production work for bands like Death Angel so he was active outside the band, but maybe not as active as Jason was trying to be.

Fucking ridiculous. I can't escape this bullshit. Yeah that Billy Elish dude should not be on Blabber. They are completely tmz. Makes me sick. Of course Skolnick and Stanley had to weigh in.

I don't disagree with Skolnick, and I actually think what Stanley said was about the most sensible thing anyone has spoken on the subject, but the fact that it has to make the metal news is such bullshit. There is thousands of other bands out there that could do with a leg up, a little bit of free publicity, even just a link to their latest clip. My FB feed has more than a dozen bands posting in the last 12 hours, sure some of them don't need free publicity, but given how little information Blabber needs to make an article any one of the could have made an actual metal related article. Instead we've got entitled fuckwits being violent towards other entitled fuckwits that have nothing to do with music taking up space.

Reactions: redfly
We've still got a couple of consoles here which the kids were playing. My wife and eldest daughter used to have weekend Bubble Bobble games, but with the portability of the switches the kids just gravitated away from the TV screen. They've always loved any of the Mario racing games, but with this new Nintendo pack thing Bubble Bobble has made way for Dr Mario contests. I didn't even know what Dr Mario was until a few months back :)
There's so many Mario games and spin-offs there's almost no way for an adult to keep up lol. I have a handheld Genesis. I really don't like playing on the little screen. It can connect to a tv but I haven't tried it yet because then it's like, well I have a PlayStation why bother? lol. Someday!

I don't disagree with Skolnick, and I actually think what Stanley said was about the most sensible thing anyone has spoken on the subject, but the fact that it has to make the metal news is such bullshit. There is thousands of other bands out there that could do with a leg up, a little bit of free publicity, even just a link to their latest clip. My FB feed has more than a dozen bands posting in the last 12 hours, sure some of them don't need free publicity, but given how little information Blabber needs to make an article any one of the could have made an actual metal related article. Instead we've got entitled fuckwits being violent towards other entitled fuckwits that have nothing to do with music taking up space.
I don't disagree either. Except that for some reason he thinks rappers are scary..especially Snoop dog. Gimmie a fucking break. But yes Blabber should give that publicity to metal bands.Always. Case Closed!

There's so many Mario games and spin-offs there's almost no way for an adult to keep up lol. I have a handheld Genesis. I really don't like playing on the little screen. It can connect to a tv but I haven't tried it yet because then it's like, well I have a PlayStation why bother? lol. Someday!

I didn't think I'd like the hand held machines either. There has been DS's around here forever and I never really got into any of the games because the small screens didn't appeal to me. We did do family Mario Kart races on the DS for a little while but that was as far as I went. I did actually dig out my original 2 screen Donkey Kong and a few other games like it just to show the kids how good graphics were when we were kids! But I was really surprised how easy the Switch screen is too look at, we can play one of the units on the TV, but in general because small screens are so good these days the clarity of games is so much easier to watch.