The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't disagree either. Except that for some reason he thinks rappers are scary..especially Snoop dog. Gimmie a fucking break. But yes Blabber should give that publicity to metal bands.Always. Case Closed!

Although if Blabber only concentrated on metal, we wouldn't hear about Alex's jazz band either :)
Let's face it Blabber is little more than a convenient link farm, they gather links from all over the place so we don't have to, they write a little puff piece to justify themselves and they quote or link to the original article. In this day and age where we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bandcamp, and the list goes on, they could file 100 new metal stories a day and still not scratch the surface of all the good ones.

What we really need in our music news site is for it to be run by the moderators of the metal rarities site. Those guys don't want conversation, they don't want pages of posts, and they don't want heaps of people looking at the site at once because the cheap webserver they use can't handle it. If they ran Blabber, there would be no controversial TMZ type reporting, there would be no non metal stories and there would be no commenting, therefore no traffic, just us reading a few articles :)

Reactions: redfly
I didn't think I'd like the hand held machines either. There has been DS's around here forever and I never really got into any of the games because the small screens didn't appeal to me. We did do family Mario Kart races on the DS for a little while but that was as far as I went. I did actually dig out my original 2 screen Donkey Kong and a few other games like it just to show the kids how good graphics were when we were kids! But I was really surprised how easy the Switch screen is too look at, we can play one of the units on the TV, but in general because small screens are so good these days the clarity of games is so much easier to watch.
My nephew has a Switch. I'll have to check it out.

Reactions: Slammed
I haven't heard that name in years. Used to play Bubble Bobble 30 + years ago on the original nintendo.

My wife and kids were playing it on a Nintendo 64. I'm not sure what other Nintendo's we've got here but my wife has had them all.

I remember Bubble Bobble from the table top machine days. Back in the late 70's my dad used to fix pinball machines and table top machines. Many of the places that had them back in those days were shit holes likes pubs and strip joints because arcades really didn't take off here until the early 80's. But even some of those arcades were quite dodgy when they did open, so I didn't get to go to work with him often, but when I did I loved it.

My nephew has a Switch. I'll have to check it out.

They are pretty good. The Switch Lites are a smaller screen with 720i resolution (from memory) and the Switch (not lite?) which connects to the 1060i from memory

Really? I knew PS5's were hard to get but Switches seem to be fairly easy to get here at the moment, not really cheap but still available.

Did we have this one?

Interesting interview. The guy doing it annoys me a bit, I know he's friends with Chuck but the dude keeps trying to associate himself into every story. But that aside there was some interesting stuff in there.

Another same but different story about Gene's departure, but again the guts of it all seems to be an amicable split brought on by scheduling conflicts that both the band and Gene knew about before the announcement.

Testament/Metallica tours, building houses, a band that is happy to let players come and go as they need to, Chuck buying into every business that he can possibly find before he changes his name to Gene Simmons, Chuck letting Eric's music guide him more than changing it on the latest album, solo albums, there is all sorts of great stuff talked about. But the big thing I took from it is that they did record something for a new Titans release. I don't really need another copy of Titans and a live play through might not be a full live gig, but either way it will be good to get something from their time in quarantine.

Chuck doesn't start until 8:28, before that it's just the interviewer talking shit.
Lol, thanks for the heads up. I haven't gotten to it yet.
I'm copying a bunch of albums from Itunes to Ipad. All of Apple pisses me off. I put 100 albums on the other week. I noticed there was an option to download. I didn't hit it because I thought they were when I put them om. I mean that's why I did it! It worked fine away from home and everything.
I delete the playlist from my itunes because it's huge. When I plug my Ipad into an outlet to charge it, it deletes everything off my Ipad. It wasn't even plugged into the Laptop. So, very annoyed, because it takes a long time to sync that many albums. I do it all over again. This time after it syncs I hit download. And to make sure I go into the downloads section and yes they are all there. So I once again delete the playlist off my laptop Itunes. It once again deletes everything off my Ipad when I plug it in to charge. What the fuck?!! Are they telling me I have to keep this playlist on my laptop in perpetuity?!! It takes up the whole length of the screen! I fucking hate Apple! Why hasn't someone come up with the same format without all the bullshit?! They'd clean up!

Pretty good for those little things.

Sorry it's 720p not i they are both capable of 1280 x 720 with the Switch being a 6.2 inch screen and the Switch Lite being a 5.5 inch screen. The Switch when docked can go up to 1080 on the tv though.
They do get a little warm and the bigger one is a bit more uncomfortable to hold for too long because of it's size. but the removable joycons, and the ability to use so many after market controllers does mean that you don't have to hold either screen.

How actively do you play?
My user name on there is Treehouseviceroy if you want to add me. The game got too big to be manageable. I still check in and update at least once a day.

I would love to buy a switch or a PS5 but they seem impossible to find in retail stores.
Yeah? Okay. Just as soon as the Itunes crap is done. I'm in the game multiple times a day. Yeah It's pretty big. I have a lot of shit on there. I'm always getting that warning lol. So much stuff stored that I can't fit.

I did want a PS5. But I'm over it. They took too long. It's still too hard to get. Fuck'em. It was rushed out anyway. They still hadn't fully used the 4 to it's potential. I suppose I will get one. But I'm in no rush anymore.

I think you'll recognize my invite lol.

Interesting interview. The guy doing it annoys me a bit, I know he's friends with Chuck but the dude keeps trying to associate himself into every story. But that aside there was some interesting stuff in there.

Another same but different story about Gene's departure, but again the guts of it all seems to be an amicable split brought on by scheduling conflicts that both the band and Gene knew about before the announcement.

Testament/Metallica tours, building houses, a band that is happy to let players come and go as they need to, Chuck buying into every business that he can possibly find before he changes his name to Gene Simmons, Chuck letting Eric's music guide him more than changing it on the latest album, solo albums, there is all sorts of great stuff talked about. But the big thing I took from it is that they did record something for a new Titans release. I don't really need another copy of Titans and a live play through might not be a full live gig, but either way it will be good to get something from their time in quarantine.
Sounds good. Except for the host lol.

Lol, thanks for the heads up. I haven't gotten to it yet.
I'm copying a bunch of albums from Itunes to Ipad. All of Apple pisses me off. I put 100 albums on the other week. I noticed there was an option to download. I didn't hit it because I thought they were when I put them om. I mean that's why I did it! It worked fine away from home and everything.
I delete the playlist from my itunes because it's huge. When I plug my Ipad into an outlet to charge it, it deletes everything off my Ipad. It wasn't even plugged into the Laptop. So, very annoyed, because it takes a long time to sync that many albums. I do it all over again. This time after it syncs I hit download. And to make sure I go into the downloads section and yes they are all there. So I once again delete the playlist off my laptop Itunes. It once again deletes everything off my Ipad when I plug it in to charge. What the fuck?!! Are they telling me I have to keep this playlist on my laptop in perpetuity?!! It takes up the whole length of the screen! I fucking hate Apple! Why hasn't someone come up with the same format without all the bullshit?! They'd clean up!

I remember using iTunes and hated it with a passion. I tried to use iTunes for a while but it gave me the shits so hunted down a freeware program, that allowed me to copy files to my iPod, it basically made it so copying files was similar to doing it from a hard drive to a USB drive, which is all it should be. it wasn't perfect and didn't do everything iTunes did but it was the only way I could stomach iTunes. I was glad when I gave up i devices and went back to anything from a $20 mp3 player to SD cards and the like that fit into devices.

Sounds good. Except for the host lol.

The host is apparently some dude from tv, movies, comedy and bands, but I did a quick search for the name and nothing really jumped up at me as to who he was. He really just sounds like someone with an annoying voice, so while I don't want to offend Chuck, I can't help thinking his friend is an annoying twat!

The host is apparently some dude from tv, movies, comedy and bands, but I did a quick search for the name and nothing really jumped up at me as to who he was. He really just sounds like someone with an annoying voice, so while I don't want to offend Chuck, I can't help thinking his friend is an annoying twat!
So like a low rent Eddie Trunk lol.