The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's one of the reasons I've always preferred PC games, not that I play them often now but PC updates are generally smaller for the same sort of update. They have grown in the last 15 years or so, I know when I was heavily into Truck Sim the updates were capped at about 600 Meg, however by about 2010 the companies making the software and the DLC's had worked out it was easier for them to increase download packages to between 5 and 10 gig because it not only allowed more flexibility and more updates in one package, but it also meant they had less end users errors where updates affected parts of the game that weren't included in the update. If they updated the larger package, they could weed through the majority of the bugs before it got to users.

It's a bit backward when you consider that most PC's will have more than enough room to download a hundred games of 200gigs without being told they are short of space, yet the console with the smaller storage limit needs the bigger update to do the same things. I've noticed quite a few bigger named games, first person shooters and the like, on the Switch are pushing 25-30gig for the initial download which is a massive download for a hand held device that only has 32gig internal storage of it's own.
I could never afford a PC that could handle console style games. Not correctly anyway. My last PC games were Age Of Empires 2 and Star Craft. Man I loved those games. They've redone Age but it's not the same :cry:.

I don't look at the screen when they are playing. If it's on my computer Winamp is running in the background, if it's on my phone that's usually in my pocket, or if it's on my MP3 player, well the screen on that is fucked anyway so I can barely see the titles no point seeing a picture.

I'm obviously not an audiophile who thinks he can tell perfect sound and pitch, must have thousands of dollars of speakers and million dollar air gapped cable with gold plated plugs (shoot me if I ever become one). I'm also not someone who thinks I have to have everything in FLAC format because 'it's better', or everything has to be saved at 320kbps because my super sensitive ears can tell the difference between 320 and 256 and 192. Good luck to people who think they can but I'm fairly confident in suggesting most people who do claim to have hearing that good don't. There are times when I want to listen to music on my stereo, through reasonable quality speakers and a surround sound amp, but for the most part my music on when I'm working in the office, working outside, relaxing or just doing nothing and the supposedly quality that audiophiles pay for, even if it is an improvement, would be wasted.
My stereo and Bose definitely sound better. But other than that I'm totally fine listening to an mp3 version which is what I convert my music into when I download it into my Itunes.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I could never afford a PC that could handle console style games. Not correctly anyway. My last PC games were Age Of Empires 2 and Star Craft. Man I loved those games. They've redone Age but it's not the same :cry:.

I was mainly into Sims when I played heavily, I gave up on first person shooters with Duke Nukem and the like, and the last real go I had at a strategy game was Warcraft II. As soon as games went to internet play I pretty much gave up on them, partly because I didn't want to play online and partly because our internet until about 2015 just wasn't good enough for it. I've been buying pc gear at wholesale prices since '94 when I first opened the shop, so replacing shit for me was never a real issue, but even I didn't bother keeping up with high end gamers. My current desktop is about 10 years old, it's beefed up with extra memory, multiple hard drives and the biggest graphics card I could get, but it's far from the best but I don't use it often enough to justify upgrading it for games. I'm actually thinking of going the other way and getting out the old dual core system I have and running that for shits and giggles just to see it run.

My stereo and Bose definitely sound better. But other than that I'm totally fine listening to an mp3 version which is what I convert my music into when I download it into my Itunes.

I can definitely hear a difference between my Yamaha and the computer, I can hear a difference between CD and vinyl, but under most listening circumstances I don't need too.

I was mainly into Sims when I played heavily, I gave up on first person shooters with Duke Nukem and the like, and the last real go I had at a strategy game was Warcraft II. As soon as games went to internet play I pretty much gave up on them, partly because I didn't want to play online and partly because our internet until about 2015 just wasn't good enough for it. I've been buying pc gear at wholesale prices since '94 when I first opened the shop, so replacing shit for me was never a real issue, but even I didn't bother keeping up with high end gamers. My current desktop is about 10 years old, it's beefed up with extra memory, multiple hard drives and the biggest graphics card I could get, but it's far from the best but I don't use it often enough to justify upgrading it for games. I'm actually thinking of going the other way and getting out the old dual core system I have and running that for shits and giggles just to see it run.
I know, some of those games want ridiculous resources. Some of those AlienWare PC's are thousands and thousands of dollars. Screw that. that would be cool to get a dual core going! I'd love to find an old Windows 95 disc or something so I could play my Starcraft disc. I can [lay it on my laptop but not all the functions work with it and I hate just having a little box in the middle of the screen to play.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I know, some of those games want ridiculous resources. Some of those AlienWare PC's are thousands and thousands of dollars. Screw that. that would be cool to get a dual core going! I'd love to find an old Windows 95 disc or something so I could play my Starcraft disc. I can [lay it on my laptop but not all the functions work with it and I hate just having a little box in the middle of the screen to play.

I threw out a copy of win 95 the other day, it wasn't original and it had the pirated key written on the CD but it was a full working copy, but I didn't need it because I've got multiple copies of 95, including one on floppy disc!

I went through a stage of trying to get old games working through MAME emulators, some worked some were crap. That's why I think it's great Nintendo made more than 100 old games free for Switch users, they controlled the release, they ported the games to the new platform and they all work just like they used too.

That was a pretty good interview with Chuck. You're right about the interviewer. He was a bit obnoxious with having to inject himself into everything.
Very cool that there's going to be Chuck figure! I'm going to keep some money saved for the high end one.

Yeah it kind of sucks to hear Chuck say the cheaper ones are just the same figure with different clothes. It's kind of obvious they are are, but hearing the guy who is getting one made of him say it does make you wonder if they are worth it. The more expensive one does sound much better.

Also interested to hear about Chuck's solo album, over the last year or so I was in two minds about his direction, especially after seeing him sing that weird shit at some BBQ, but he seems to have been talking to some of the right people for a good album.

Aww shit!
I'm getting nervous about Misfire. The label has never answered one email and there hasn't been any sort of info on shipping. It's supposed to be out on my birthday Friday.

Who was the label?
I know the feeling, I've got a parcel that seems to be lost between two transit companies at the moment. It was suppose to arrive yesterday but hasn't been scanned in anywhere since Friday and the fuckers wont talk to me as the end customer, they only want to talk to he seller who paid for the shipping.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Aww shit!
I'm getting nervous about Misfire. The label has never answered one email and there hasn't been any sort of info on shipping. It's supposed to be out on my birthday Friday.

MNRKHeavy suggest it should ship BY April 1, doesn't explain why you get no answer from them but it might explain why you have no shipping information.
The album was actually release independently last year.

Reactions: redfly
I threw out a copy of win 95 the other day, it wasn't original and it had the pirated key written on the CD but it was a full working copy, but I didn't need it because I've got multiple copies of 95, including one on floppy disc!

I went through a stage of trying to get old games working through MAME emulators, some worked some were crap. That's why I think it's great Nintendo made more than 100 old games free for Switch users, they controlled the release, they ported the games to the new platform and they all work just like they used too.
Wow! Floppy! Now that's something I haven't thought of in years! I tried several emulators years and years ago. Like you say it's hit or miss. Mostly miss lol. It is cool that these companies are putting these things out. It's the next best thing when you've made the mistake of selling your consoles!

Reactions: Slammed
Who was the label?
I know the feeling, I've got a parcel that seems to be lost between two transit companies at the moment. It was suppose to arrive yesterday but hasn't been scanned in anywhere since Friday and the fuckers wont talk to me as the end customer, they only want to talk to he seller who paid for the shipping.
Sons of bitches!

Reactions: Slammed
MNRKHeavy suggest it should ship BY April 1, doesn't explain why you get no answer from them but it might explain why you have no shipping information.
The album was actually release independently last year.
Shipped on release? Damn that's some NuclearBlast bullshit right there. They say it could take a while for them to answer emails because they get so many. I suspect though that's it's because they are a Micky Mouse operation. It's been over a month. Every other label can manage it.

Wow! Floppy! Now that's something I haven't thought of in years! I tried several emulators years and years ago. Like you say it's hit or miss. Mostly miss lol. It is cool that these companies are putting these things out. It's the next best thing when you've made the mistake of selling your consoles!

I even still have a few floppy drives floating around here in case I ever get the urge to use one :)

It's also introducing the younger generation to a whole new range of games. We do have a collection of Nintendo games going back to when my wife grew up, as well as PS games, and the kids may have showed a little interest here and there but only really got hooked on a few. The old games on a new platform means they can try heaps more. It wont ever be the same, but they don't understand what it was like anyway. Just like explaining to today's generation how you'd load a game up on the Commodore 64 tape drive, go away make coffee, drink coffee, make lunch, eat lunch, and come back and the game still wasn't loaded but your interest was still there!

Sons of bitches!

Even more sons of bitches. I just checked Fleabay (for the third time today) and the parcel was showing as delivered so I went and checked, sure enough it was standing up at the door. So I checked the security cameras and instead of the delivery person knocking on the door, they parked on the street, quietly walked up the grass to the front door and gently sat the package down and leant it against the door so as not to make a noise and then walked back across the grass to the car. The woman had no intention of knocking to tell me it was there, she was just dumping it and running, didn't even give a shit who was watching.

Shipped on release? Damn that's some NuclearBlast bullshit right there. They say it could take a while for them to answer emails because they get so many. I suspect though that's it's because they are a Micky Mouse operation. It's been over a month. Every other label can manage it.

I think it's a standard disclaimer, they are suggesting it should ship on or before if all things go to plan. At least that's how I read it anyway. Not sure how Mickey Mouse they are, they have Black Label, High On Fire, Crowbar, Judas Priest, Plague Years, Sodom and Toxic Holocaust on their books.

Everything here still has the "we are experiencing a high level of demand due to covid" excuse on it. Doesn't matter what the business covid is the fucking excuse for everything.

Reactions: redfly