The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't care what band wagon people jump on when it comes to different software, 90% of users use what they are comfortable with and they get comfortable with it because they were able to use it. Most of it does the same things just in a different way and change is something most people really need incentive to do.

I agree with all of this. I liked the layout and visual organization of the Zune Media Player and I will run it as long as I can! :kickass:

Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (8).png

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Twisted Metal was the shit....I have some good memories playing that game with my younger brother during a really rough time in my life. Played a lot of Medal of Honor...I miss first person shooter games that actually had good stories.

I just moved across the country with the wife from Las Vegas to Massachusetts and I sold off all my old video games and systems. I sold a box of my old NES and games, my old Sega Genesis and Games, and my Nintendo Wii and games to a guy for $40. Ever play Resident Evil IV on the Wii? One of the best horror games ever!

My younger brother built me a gaming pc rig about 12 years ago and I used it to play COD and Civilization V. A windows update killed it in 2016 and I didn't have the tech know how to fix it. Thinking about going back to PC gaming, but the entry price is steep compared to a console.

I don't know what US prices are like, although they are usually cheaper than here, but you don't have to spend mega bucks on a gaming PC these days. In most cases gaming machines these days are over spec'd because people think they need the latest and greatest. Unfortunately right now video cards are at ridiculous prices due mainly to a shortage, but not ever game needs new cards. I built a Flight Sim machine for my dad last year and without all the bells and whistles, just a good reliable parts that do the job, I spent under $2K. I built a machine for the guy across the road 2 years ago, before video cards were so difficult to get, he mainly plays first person shooters and I got his built for $2k including profit. Based on most things $2K AUD would be under $1.5K US, and that would drop even further if you've got parts you can use.

Reactions: zerostatic
Since the covid pandemic I have tried to avoid buying from amazon and purchasing more through bandcamp and the label webstores, but they all seem to suck. Napalm was dodgy and elusive on the details regarding the delay for my last vinyl purchase. Century Media just seems to be awful and I would rather not do any more online orders with them. I miss my old independent record shop in Vegas.

I find it amazing that there are only a handful on vinyl factories in the entire world and that it's made such a back log many bands and labels are waiting up to six months for major runs of vinyl being produced.

https://loudwire.com/best-thrash-album-each-year/

This list came out last year but is a fair list. Surprised to see so much Municipal Waste and Anthrax, haha.

MW and Anthrax chose dud years to release their albums :)
The 80's and early 90's are unsurprising, I think those albums appear on just about every list, it's good to see bands like Bonded By Blood and Power Trip mentioned though.

I agree with all of this. I liked the layout and visual organization of the Zune Media Player and I will run it as long as I can! :kickass:

View attachment 30415 View attachment 30416 View attachment 30417 View attachment 30418

Yeah, because I don't need albums pictures, I just need bands and albums sorted alphabetically, I'll use Winamp despite the fact that it hasn't really been update since about 2008. It's just a player, it does nothing special, although it does have an equaliser, I select an album and it plays, simple for a simple person :)

MW and Anthrax chose dud years to release their albums :)
2011 had some strong thrash releases from Vektor, Evile, Warbringer, Lazarus A.D., and Havok.

For All Kings was my #1 for 2016 above releases from Megadeth and Metallica.

Agree with you on Bonded by Blood and Powertrip. I saw Bonded by Blood live a few times and each time they had more and more new guys. It became a cover band by the time of their last couple tours, I think the drummer might have been the only original member still playing with them.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I know, it is. I wonder what countries t
Sucks that they are working towards calling it quits but everyone is getting old and has other life commitments.
Love the idea that's he's organising for the guy from Municipal Waste to do his last ever stage dive at the gig.
I hope these bands continue to do studio work even if they don’t want to tour.

Twisted Metal was the shit....I have some good memories playing that game with my younger brother during a really rough time in my life. Played a lot of Medal of Honor...I miss first person shooter games that actually had good stories.

I just moved across the country with the wife from Las Vegas to Massachusetts and I sold off all my old video games and systems. I sold a box of my old NES and games, my old Sega Genesis and Games, and my Nintendo Wii and games to a guy for $40. Ever play Resident Evil IV on the Wii? One of the best horror games ever!

My younger brother built me a gaming pc rig about 12 years ago and I used it to play COD and Civilization V. A windows update killed it in 2016 and I didn't have the tech know how to fix it. Thinking about going back to PC gaming, but the entry price is steep compared to a console.
Yeah I really loved the first one..and the second one which I do still have. Medal of Honor was also awesome! Yeah story seems to be secondary on shooters now. Cod has had some good ones for ps3 though.

Oh man! That’s a gold mine! Doh!!! Man I would have given you way more lol. I never did play any of the Resident Evil games past the first one. I’m not really sure why though. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever used a Wii.

Since you’re in Ma I have to warn you to watch out for ticks. Seriously. I don’t know what they have in Vegas. But they are everywhere here. And the Lyme ticks are incredibly small. Like the head of a pin or smaller. And that’s just one kind.

Since the covid pandemic I have tried to avoid buying from amazon and purchasing more through bandcamp and the label webstores, but they all seem to suck. Napalm was dodgy and elusive on the details regarding the delay for my last vinyl purchase. Century Media just seems to be awful and I would rather not do any more online orders with them. I miss my old independent record shop in Vegas.
Century media really has gone downhill. Their store has almost nothing now. I don’t know if there are any independent stores around here. MNRK just got back to me saying they’ve shipped. But they completely ignored my original email.

2011 had some strong thrash releases from Vektor, Evile, Warbringer, Lazarus A.D., and Havok.

For All Kings was my #1 for 2016 above releases from Megadeth and Metallica.

Agree with you on Bonded by Blood and Powertrip. I saw Bonded by Blood live a few times and each time they had more and more new guys. It became a cover band by the time of their last couple tours, I think the drummer might have been the only original member still playing with them.

To be honest I find a lot of those type rankings from mags etc feel like legacy listing. Bands like Anthrax get in because other bands like Megadeth, Slayer etc didn't release an album. In years where the big names don't release albums the lesser known bands finally get a mention.

I know, it is. I wonder what countries t

I hope these bands continue to do studio work even if they don’t want to tour.

I could be wrong but I think John is one of the reasons they are quitting. John's not the same as he used to be, Dan kept playing, kept doing things and played in about 400 bands. John from memory became a family man and only really played the gigs NA did, which wasn't many. John's voice has changed and he's not as active on stage as he used to be. It's sad to see them go, but at the same time I'd rather see them go while they can still do it.

Reactions: redfly
Century media really has gone downhill. Their store has almost nothing now. I don’t know if there are any independent stores around here. MNRK just got back to me saying they’ve shipped. But they completely ignored my original email.

That's good news, but fuck I hate it when companies completely ignore previous emails like you only care about the final outcome.

I could be wrong but I think John is one of the reasons they are quitting. John's not the same as he used to be, Dan kept playing, kept doing things and played in about 400 bands. John from memory became a family man and only really played the gigs NA did, which wasn't many. John's voice has changed and he's not as active on stage as he used to be. It's sad to see them go, but at the same time I'd rather see them go while they can still do it.
Weird the first part of my post was something I deleted yesterday lol.
Yeah I get it. Those vocals sound very hard to keep right as someone ages.

Reactions: Slammed