The what's going on in Thrash thread

I even still have a few floppy drives floating around here in case I ever get the urge to use one :)

It's also introducing the younger generation to a whole new range of games. We do have a collection of Nintendo games going back to when my wife grew up, as well as PS games, and the kids may have showed a little interest here and there but only really got hooked on a few. The old games on a new platform means they can try heaps more. It wont ever be the same, but they don't understand what it was like anyway. Just like explaining to today's generation how you'd load a game up on the Commodore 64 tape drive, go away make coffee, drink coffee, make lunch, eat lunch, and come back and the game still wasn't loaded but your interest was still there!
I might have one around also lol.
I have two Playstation One's around although I haven't tried to use them in years. My library for it is almost non existent. I have a handful. Actually I think I have more for PS1 than PS2. But I really wish I had the first Twisted Metal, I loved that game and there was some kind of fighting adventure game called Tobal No.1. I don't know it was so great, but I'd like to see that again lol

Even more sons of bitches. I just checked Fleabay (for the third time today) and the parcel was showing as delivered so I went and checked, sure enough it was standing up at the door. So I checked the security cameras and instead of the delivery person knocking on the door, they parked on the street, quietly walked up the grass to the front door and gently sat the package down and leant it against the door so as not to make a noise and then walked back across the grass to the car. The woman had no intention of knocking to tell me it was there, she was just dumping it and running, didn't even give a shit who was watching.
What the hell? Why would anyone do that? Is it okay?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I think it's a standard disclaimer, they are suggesting it should ship on or before if all things go to plan. At least that's how I read it anyway. Not sure how Mickey Mouse they are, they have Black Label, High On Fire, Crowbar, Judas Priest, Plague Years, Sodom and Toxic Holocaust on their books.

Everything here still has the "we are experiencing a high level of demand due to covid" excuse on it. Doesn't matter what the business covid is the fucking excuse for everything.
Well they seem to operate like a closet label. Over a month and they can't answer an email? Pfft. Anyone else is like two days, three tops.
What JP? I thought they were on NB?
Yeah I think that excuse will be around for a while lol.

I have two Playstation One's around although I haven't tried to use them in years. My library for it is almost non existent. I have a handful. Actually I think I have more for PS1 than PS2. But I really wish I had the first Twisted Metal, I loved that game and there was some kind of fighting adventure game called Tobal No.1. I don't know it was so great, but I'd like to see that again lol

We got given a heap of PS2 games a few years ago but I'm not even sure the kids played them. They did play Lego Batman for ages, if it wasn't for having to play it on the TV I'd bet they'd still be playing it. My wife was heavily into Zelda and Final Fantasy, but if I ever had a PS I'd have probably only into car games.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
What the hell? Why would anyone do that? Is it okay?

Technically no, they are supposed to at least check to make sure someone is home. But leaving the parcel in a 'safe' place is allowed. It does however appear that lazy driver's definition of safe and mine are two different things.

We got given a heap of PS2 games a few years ago but I'm not even sure the kids played them. They did play Lego Batman for ages, if it wasn't for having to play it on the TV I'd bet they'd still be playing it. My wife was heavily into Zelda and Final Fantasy, but if I ever had a PS I'd have probably only into car games.
Ooh lucky!
I never really got into the Lego games. It's too bad too. Playstation has a had a lot free ones. Not that I'd have the room to play them! I always grab the licenses though.

I just watched Apocalypse Now Redux. Took me 24 hours lol. Man that movie is slow!

Technically no, they are supposed to at least check to make sure someone is home. But leaving the parcel in a 'safe' place is allowed. It does however appear that lazy driver's definition of safe and mine are two different things.
Lol. It should be by your definition! Some of those drivers really have some balls. I was waiting and waiting for one. When it finally came I loooked out the window just in time to see the guy throw it at the door from the bottom of the steps. I mean, you come all that way and then at the last few feet risk breaking something?

Well they seem to operate like a closet label. Over a month and they can't answer an email? Pfft. Anyone else is like two days, three tops.
What JP? I thought they were on NB?
Yeah I think that excuse will be around for a while lol.

They have a number of Black Label Society releases including the most recent so they appear to be a label handling new bands, but for some bands like JP it appears they've bought a few older records. Rocknrolla and Sad Wings are on there in CD format while Sad Wings is on there in vinyl.

If you don't have anything from them by Friday I'd email the band directly from their bandcamp page and see if they can't get answers

Ooh lucky!
I never really got into the Lego games. It's too bad too. Playstation has a had a lot free ones. Not that I'd have the room to play them! I always grab the licenses though.

I just watched Apocalypse Now Redux. Took me 24 hours lol. Man that movie is slow!

My kids really only got into Batman, Star Wars and Indian Jones in the Lego games. The pointless violence of bashing stuff and breaking it into a million pieces was their only goal I'm sure of it.

I'd be asleep after 10 minutes :)

Reactions: Neptune
Lol. It should be by your definition! Some of those drivers really have some balls. I was waiting and waiting for one. When it finally came I loooked out the window just in time to see the guy throw it at the door from the bottom of the steps. I mean, you come all that way and then at the last few feet risk breaking something?

Yeah some of them are complete arseholes. We complained about the drivers from our government postal service about 10 years ago, figured it would go nowhere and be ignored, but to our surprise a guy came out, talked to us, made sure we did have an easily delivery point etc and from then on we've never had an issue. But the private companies and big sipping companies are fucking terrible when they want to be.

Yeah they have no problem sending out emails. I've gotten a lot for BLS.
Ah ok. I was thinking it was going to be Jugulator or Demolition.

Oh that's a good idea! Shit. I should have done that before lol.

I haven't looked at their full list yet but they could be buying up older bands like JP in the same way that Flotz re-release thing is happening. I guess it must be somewhat lucrative for labels to do it given how many seem to have their fingers in the pot.

Yeah some of them are complete arseholes. We complained about the drivers from our government postal service about 10 years ago, figured it would go nowhere and be ignored, but to our surprise a guy came out, talked to us, made sure we did have an easily delivery point etc and from then on we've never had an issue. But the private companies and big sipping companies are fucking terrible when they want to be.
Wow. Bureaucracy in action? Impressive!

I haven't looked at their full list yet but they could be buying up older bands like JP in the same way that Flotz re-release thing is happening. I guess it must be somewhat lucrative for labels to do it given how many seem to have their fingers in the pot.
Yeah I guess there wouldn't be so many doing it if it didn't make them something.

Yeah I guess there wouldn't be so many doing it if it didn't make them something.

It's just weird to think that there is 40+ different releases of Killing is My Business, 25 of Persistence of Time and who know how many versions of shit like Master of Puppets and the like that would sell a new version every week.

Twisted Metal was the shit....I have some good memories playing that game with my younger brother during a really rough time in my life. Played a lot of Medal of Honor...I miss first person shooter games that actually had good stories.

I just moved across the country with the wife from Las Vegas to Massachusetts and I sold off all my old video games and systems. I sold a box of my old NES and games, my old Sega Genesis and Games, and my Nintendo Wii and games to a guy for $40. Ever play Resident Evil IV on the Wii? One of the best horror games ever!

My younger brother built me a gaming pc rig about 12 years ago and I used it to play COD and Civilization V. A windows update killed it in 2016 and I didn't have the tech know how to fix it. Thinking about going back to PC gaming, but the entry price is steep compared to a console.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Shipped on release? Damn that's some NuclearBlast bullshit right there. They say it could take a while for them to answer emails because they get so many. I suspect though that's it's because they are a Micky Mouse operation. It's been over a month. Every other label can manage it.

Since the covid pandemic I have tried to avoid buying from amazon and purchasing more through bandcamp and the label webstores, but they all seem to suck. Napalm was dodgy and elusive on the details regarding the delay for my last vinyl purchase. Century Media just seems to be awful and I would rather not do any more online orders with them. I miss my old independent record shop in Vegas.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed