The what's going on in Thrash thread

Pffft. City folk.

I know right!
Having lived in both the city and the country I still prefer hay behind my ears though :)
Wait until I get into a rant about traffic congestion, for instance today because we were ten minutes later than usual it was so busy on the way to school that every intersection had up to 10 cars waiting. I reckon I saw maybe 100 cars on the 7 minute trip!

Lol. $2500? Is being a ex junkie really that informative to people's businesses? ... :D. I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge. But it also seems like he's relied on managers rather than himself all these years.

You're right, I'm sure he's been boss of Mustaine Inc, but he hasn't done all the day to day running of it. Even so I'm still not sure how many companies out there who have already decided to pay for the services of a speaker, for whatever reason, would pay $2500 for a person most people only see as a musician. I guess if the CEO was a fan then the peons just have to accept it :)

Reactions: zerostatic
Of course he did!
Someone on Blabber who I guess listened to the interview said he also had some anti vax rants and some other shit. Another few weeks worth of stories for them.

Is he actually Anti-vax though? I know he's anti-government, although I'm not sure he's anti-any one government. I know he's expressed opinions of the current pandemic but I don't know that I've heard him actually take sides. I remember he was asked if the new songs were going to be about the pandemic and vaccinations and his answer was along the lines of he does write about current events but doesn't necessarily want to take sides, or something like that. I think taking sides at this point could actually make or break his career.

I know right!
Having lived in both the city and the country I still prefer hay behind my ears though :)
Wait until I get into a rant about traffic congestion, for instance today because we were ten minutes later than usual it was so busy on the way to school that every intersection had up to 10 cars waiting. I reckon I saw maybe 100 cars on the 7 minute trip!
The only actual city I've ever lived in was Portland Oregon. But it's really broken up and very different from one part to another. So I still had to go to another part to really get the big city vibe.
That's sounds like some annoying traffic! :bah:

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah there better be. He said they had, what 18 last year? There better be at least 15. Plus the covers. Kinda funny that Sammy Hagar will be singing on his cover.
Funny that he lists Steve D as basically some fresh new player...Glad for Steve I hope the pay was good. I do kinda wish Greg had gone for it. But I guess he's too old lol.

Kind of funny that Sammy will be singing on a thrash metal record :)
You could be right I think I do remember hearing something about 18 songs.
Greg isn't "hot" :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Is he actually Anti-vax though? I know he's anti-government, although I'm not sure he's anti-any one government. I know he's expressed opinions of the current pandemic but I don't know that I've heard him actually take sides. I remember he was asked if the new songs were going to be about the pandemic and vaccinations and his answer was along the lines of he does write about current events but doesn't necessarily want to take sides, or something like that. I think taking sides at this point could actually make or break his career.
I honestly don't know. The only thing I do know is that he is susceptible to conspiracy theories. I really hope there isn't a bunch of bullshit on this album. I hope he's smarter than that.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Kind of funny that Sammy will be singing on a thrash metal record :)
You could be right I think I do remember hearing something about 18 songs.
Greg isn't "hot" :)
Yeah it is. It could be good, as strange as that sounds. but I don't know the song in the first place.
Lol. I can't believe he used that term.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah that's kind of what happens to me. It tears the roof of my mouth up. Like you say it's mostly annoying.

I like pineapple and it pisses me off that I can't eat it, but it pisses me off more when I forget I can't eat it :)

Reactions: redfly
The only actual city I've ever lived in was Portland Oregon. But it's really broken up and very different from one part to another. So I still had to go to another part to really get the big city vibe.
That's sounds like some annoying traffic! :bah:

I've lived in both Melbourne and Sydney, both are small compared to some American cities, I think Melbourne has about 4mill people and Sydney about 6mill. Traffic and people congestion in both sucks and when I used to work in the city I hated the idea of travelling an hour each way by car or up to 2 hours by public transport and spending the whole time crowded. But the biggest problem is that people all have different agendas and too many of them think theirs is the most important. We still have people like that in the country but when there is only 25,000 people in total it's much easier to avoid them!

Traffic is even worse in the afternoon, I can travel the same 7 minutes, go through 4 intersections and only use the brakes twice and one of those times is to come to a complete stop in the car park :)

I honestly don't know. The only thing I do know is that he is susceptible to conspiracy theories. I really hope there isn't a bunch of bullshit on this album. I hope he's smarter than that.

Yeah I agree. It's one thing to write songs like Holy Wars etc but to actually sit down and write songs about anti-vax or Anti-Trump etc would just be boring.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah it is. It could be good, as strange as that sounds. but I don't know the song in the first place.
Lol. I can't believe he used that term.

I don't know the song either and it will be interesting to hear whether they have thrashed up what wasn't or played down to whatever the hell it is Sammy plays, but it still better be an extra :)

It's like calling his crypto shit $Mega, way to close to smegma not to have comparisons made. It's like he doesn't think first.

Reactions: Neptune
I know! I remember the taste. It is good and when I smell it it makes me sad. And then pissed off.

Next time you smell it get angry and throw it at the person who put it there. Don't tell them why just do it and act like it's a natural reaction :)