The what's going on in Thrash thread

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
MAn

that band doing soundcheck needs to shut the fuck up! They don't mention this being the 20th album very much. I really think they should do something special. Not a lot of bands get to 20.

It's obviously a sound proof room :)
Yeah! 20 Songs, 20 riffs, 20 minutes!!
You're right though it would be worth celebrating.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I went to the big smoke this morning, too many people, too many cars, too many attitudes, not enough clues.
Lol, ok, you actually use the term 'big smoke' to refer to cities. Pre-pandemic when I taught World History and Geography in face-to-face school I would always end the year teaching about Australia and New Zealand. One of the activities I did with my students was on Australian slang terms and I always wondered how accurate they were or if it was total bullshit. I started to question the accuracy of some of the instructional materials I used. :lol:
I showed a videoclip about a group camping in the outback near Uluru and the guide made mention of sighting the Northern Star in the sky and I was like wait a minute, that shouldn't be possible in the Southern Hemisphere. :lol:

It's one thing to write songs like Holy Wars etc but to actually sit down and write songs about anti-vax or Anti-Trump etc would just be boring.
Coroner has you covered with the song Masked Jackal.

or Sepultura with Dictatorshit.

and then there was this brilliant album cover from Panzer!
665279.jpg

:lol:

A very Happy Birthday to you Redfly!Hope you’re not too hung over from the rum cake.Any plans for the special day,gonna see the girlfriend?
Thanks broseph! Just dinner with the fam. My sister is bringing a bunch of Chinese food. Not hung over but I might have gotten a good buzz on!
I'm not gonna see her. But we're gonna watch some movies. I might buy that new Spiderman. Hopefully it doesn't suck!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Lol, ok, you actually use the term 'big smoke' to refer to cities. Pre-pandemic when I taught World History and Geography in face-to-face school I would always end the year teaching about Australia and New Zealand. One of the activities I did with my students was on Australian slang terms and I always wondered how accurate they were or if it was total bullshit. I started to question the accuracy of some of the instructional materials I used. :lol:
I showed a videoclip about a group camping in the outback near Uluru and the guide made mention of sighting the Northern Star in the sky and I was like wait a minute, that shouldn't be possible in the Southern Hemisphere. :lol:
Lol! Too funny!

Reactions: Slammed

No one uses the term big smoke unless the are pissing on the people that live there.
The best part about Aussie slang is that we can change it so that as soon as you suckers start talking about it we'll change the word to something different.
I wouldn't have a clue about the stars but if your camping at Uluru and you've gone to the trouble of being on a guided tour that tour will be led by either a full blood indigenous person or someone with indigenous heritage. They would therefore be telling the story from the Aboriginal perspective and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to consider that the Aboriginal people had their own north star which they followed. Today we see the big dipper and the southern cross but the Aboriginal people didn't, even after colonisation where English words began to creep into their language they had their own names that could be translated to English. Also take into account that there is something like 260 different aboriginal dialects, referring to a north or northern star could have had more than 200 different words, using the English word around a camp fire makes sense.