The what's going on in Thrash thread

Having spent the best part of the last 6 hours on the road I can again say those big smoke people still suck. It's been raining on and off since I left this morning and once again the dumb fucks in the wettest Australian state have forgotten how to fucking drive in wet conditions. Add to that all the road works and mess created by road works and fuck me I am glad to be back where the folk talk slow and have hay behind their ears!!

Having spent the best part of the last 6 hours on the road I can again say those big smoke people still suck. It's been raining on and off since I left this morning and once again the dumb fucks in the wettest Australian state have forgotten how to fucking drive in wet conditions. Add to that all the road works and mess created by road works and fuck me I am glad to be back where the folk talk slow and have hay behind their ears!!
Isn't weird how that happens with people? You think it shouldn't be like that. But it is!

Isn't weird how that happens with people? You think it shouldn't be like that. But it is!

The worst people on the road are the ones who think they are the best. Those people who can pick the mistakes of every other person out there, can happily go on forever about bad driving they've seen, and tell you about every near miss they have ever had, are usually the worst of the worst.

I grew up in a small town of about 5000 people in Northern Indiana so I get that. During college I was forced to learn to drive aggressively(Like an asshole) on the mean streets and highways of Chicagoland! 17 years of living in semi-suburbs adjacent to Las Vegas caused me to lose my edge. Now I am thrust into the dense metropolis of Boston and while I appreciate the conveniences of city life I do at time miss the slower pace and simplicity of small town life.

Oh yeah, here's the new MW single

Sounds good, reminds me of the Wave of Death song from their recent EP. I read an interview online that the lead singer gave around the time they released Slime and Punishment and he said something about he didn't like MW being lumped into the same genre as the other new wave of thrash bands. He didn't name any names but he said that MW has turned down a lot of tour offers with other thrash bands.

I grew up in a small town of about 5000 people in Northern Indiana so I get that. During college I was forced to learn to drive aggressively(Like an asshole) on the mean streets and highways of Chicagoland! 17 years of living in semi-suburbs adjacent to Las Vegas caused me to lose my edge. Now I am thrust into the dense metropolis of Boston and while I appreciate the conveniences of city life I do at time miss the slower pace and simplicity of small town life.

As a truck driver hauling anything up to three trailers I've seen traffic in every state of this country and there is fuckwits everywhere, there is no denying that. I also understand that living in the urban sprawl of cities puts people in a rush that isn't often seen in the country. Everywhere in the city people honk their horns and try to jump one or two places on the road, or zip back and forth between lanes to get where they are going quicker. But then they also do that, minus the horn, when they are walking around the streets. We still have some of that in the country, although it's mostly reserved for the shopping center aisles when people have a trolley to use as a weapon. Damn people in those places are just morons. But I learnt a long time ago that when you've got 18 gears and take off like a snail on downers, that speed just isn't required to get around. I've lost count of how many times I've taken off in the truck at a set of lights, some boy racer as flipped around me and then done the same to other cars, only for us to meet up at the next set of lights. It's even funnier to watch when it happens on foot!

Sounds good, reminds me of the Wave of Death song from their recent EP. I read an interview online that the lead singer gave around the time they released Slime and Punishment and he said something about he didn't like MW being lumped into the same genre as the other new wave of thrash bands. He didn't name any names but he said that MW has turned down a lot of tour offers with other thrash bands.

I'm not surprised, although I really don't see his problem. Sure they have been around for 20 odd years so the new wave of thrash mantra might not fit them exactly but they could look at as it them pioneering the sound and the bands they go out with are following in their foot steps. Then again maybe the tours they were offered are support slots and they think they are beyond that with some newer bands. I don't really know;

Turning down tours with other thrash bands seems like a mistake in my opinion. Regardless of how old they are or aren't. There's some great non classic thrash bands out there with fans that might not know them.

Turning down tours with other thrash bands seems like a mistake in my opinion. Regardless of how old they are or aren't. There's some great non classic thrash bands out there with fans that might not know them.

The other thing too is that without naming the bands they've been offered gigs with it does seem like a naive thing to do. If they'd been offered gigs with Korn, or Red Hot Chilli Peppers fair enough they aren't even in the same genre, but to suggest bands in your own genre aren't bands you want to play with sounds kind of silly.

Practise sessions for the the Bay Strikes Back tour.
Who's the dude behind the kit?
Can he do blast beats?
Why didn't they get a good drummer?
Why is Chuck reading an e-book while he's practising?

277307915_527451258750907_2367258235599956252_n.jpg

The other thing too is that without naming the bands they've been offered gigs with it does seem like a naive thing to do. If they'd been offered gigs with Korn, or Red Hot Chilli Peppers fair enough they aren't even in the same genre, but to suggest bands in your own genre aren't bands you want to play with sounds kind of silly.
Yeah that too!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed