The what's going on in Thrash thread

Practise sessions for the the Bay Strikes Back tour.
Who's the dude behind the kit?
Can he do blast beats?
Why didn't they get a good drummer?
Why is Chuck reading an e-book while he's practising?

277307915_527451258750907_2367258235599956252_n.jpg
Ah! Cool pic!! I wonder if that's at Eric's place? :headbang:

Questions for the ages!

Not unsurprising during practise sessions, actually these days it's not that unsurprising on stage.

Really!?

I remember a few years back Onslaught's vocalist wasn't able to do the North American tour so they got washed-up Neil Turbin to fill in as a live vocalist and there was some controversy over him using a teleprompter on stage throughout the tour.

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Really!?

I remember a few years back Onslaught's vocalist wasn't able to do the North American tour so they got washed-up Neil Turbin to fill in as a live vocalist and there was some controversy over him using a teleprompter on stage throughout the tour.
Maybe they are working on one something from Titans they haven't done before. Or maybe even something new?

Reactions: Slammed
About that Metal Tour Of The Year with. Is In Flames touring with Chris Broderick? Seems weird I haven't heard anything about that considering he was Megadeth's last guitarist.

Really!?

The main outrage I hear/read these days is using backing tapes. Using teleprompters happens quite a bit. I don't know that Chuck has always used a teleprompter for the lyrics but he used a screen for the set list. However given the pic is from the first ever practise session they've had as a 5 piece band and they haven't played Titans live it's not surprising they need some guidance.

Maybe they are working on one something from Titans they haven't done before. Or maybe even something new?

Or something they haven't played for 30 years.
On stage he obviously doesn't rely on a teleprompter, if it's there, the whole time because he moves around the stage but I do wonder how a vocalist with a 30 year back catalogue is suppose to remember ever word from every song. I know fans sit at home listen to the album a thousand times and think they can sing along with every word but when they forgets words no ones hears, a singer on stage forgets and everyone hears.

About that Metal Tour Of The Year with. Is In Flames touring with Chris Broderick? Seems weird I haven't heard anything about that considering he was Megadeth's last guitarist.

Has it started? :)
LOG covered Megadeth with Dave doing some singing, apparently that is an amazing single....actually I think the exact words I heard to describe it were 'fucking terrible'!
This leg of the Metal Tour Of The Year has actually been very low on media releases. I don't know how many shows they have actually done, but there has been no live fan footage posted that I've seen.

Reactions: redfly
LOG covered Megadeth with Dave doing some singing, apparently that is an amazing single....actually I think the exact words I heard to describe it were 'fucking terrible'!
This leg of the Metal Tour Of The Year has actually been very low on media releases. I don't know how many shows they have actually done, but there has been no live fan footage posted that I've seen.
I haven't seen any either. I'm just surprised no one has asked him in interviews if it's awkward or not. I thought Chris was touring with them, but maybe not.

I didn't think it was that bad. The band sounded good the bass was nice and upfront. Dave I think did most of the lyrics and his solo which was a good thing. The weakest part was Randy's vocals. But it seemed maybe they were kept to a minimum. Unless I remember wrong. I only listened once. And that was enough. It wasn't bad, but there's no point when you can't beat the original.

I haven't seen any either. I'm just surprised no one has asked him in interviews if it's awkward or not. I thought Chris was touring with them, but maybe not.

I believe he is, but looking at current dates the Metal Tour of the Year doesn't start until April 9. In flames was on tour in the UK last week so it could well be that In Flames and 'Deth haven't yet shared the stage.

Reactions: redfly