The what's going on in Thrash thread

I didn't think it was that bad. The band sounded good the bass was nice and upfront. Dave I think did most of the lyrics and his solo which was a good thing. The weakest part was Randy's vocals. But it seemed maybe they were kept to a minimum. Unless I remember wrong. I only listened once. And that was enough. It wasn't bad, but there's no point when you can't beat the original.

I purposely didn't watch/listen to it. I did recently give LOG another go but I couldn't get interested in what I was hearing so when I found out Wake Up Dead was basically a cover with Dave doing vocals I didn't bother even listening to it.

Reactions: redfly
I purposely didn't watch/listen to it. I did recently give LOG another go but I couldn't get interested in what I was hearing so when I found out Wake Up Dead was basically a cover with Dave doing vocals I didn't bother even listening to it.
Yeah you're not really missing anything. I have a bunch of Lamb Of God but I don't really listen to them anymore. If I were to it'd probably only be their Ashes Of The Wake album. There's an instrumental with both Chris Poland and Skolnick on it. This was before Alex rejoined Testament so it was cool to hear him play again.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah you're not really missing anything. I have a bunch of Lamb Of God but I don't really listen to them anymore. If I were to it'd probably only be their Ashes Of The Wake album. There's an instrumental with both Chris Poland and Skolnick on it. This was before Alex rejoined Testament so it was cool to hear him play again.

I don't know hat it was about them that I couldn't get into. I'm sure fans of their music can really get into everything about the band, there is probably even people out there who idolise the band, but I just couldn't find much.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Cool, glad he's feeling better! I wonder what the rest of Power trip are up to? Was there any cause of death released for the singer?

I read online that it was an overdose.

Yeah pretty much. The reports said he had fentanyl and weed in his system and based on his history of drugs and depression they ruled it drug related.

The band has said they want to record again possibly in memory of Gale, but at the time of being asked Blake Ibanez didn't know what might happen.

Reactions: Neptune
I don't know hat it was about them that I couldn't get into. I'm sure fans of their music can really get into everything about the band, there is probably even people out there who idolise the band, but I just couldn't find much.
I agree. I kept buying for a longtime but I don't know how into 99% I was. And I'm not interested in the newest stuff.

Yeah pretty much. The reports said he had fentanyl and weed in his system and based on his history of drugs and depression they ruled it drug related.

The band has said they want to record again possibly in memory of Gale, but at the time of being asked Blake Ibanez didn't know what might happen.
Oh yeah? Fucking fentanyl. Such bad shit.

It would be cool if they did something.

Misfire just got here! :headbang: And it's jewel case! :kickass:

Oh yeah? Fucking fentanyl. Such bad shit.

It would be cool if they did something.

Misfire just got here! :headbang: And it's jewel case! :kickass:

I actually thought they might have done a memorial or such for the guy by now even if they hadn't decided on their future but apparently not.

Wow a jewel case, you scored with that one even if communication was a little lacking!

I think Blythe's look puts me off too, he looks like a dickhead :)
Have to agree on that one! He's always come across as a bit of a tool. He may very well have graduated to full on dickhead with those dreads.
I think what made actually start buying their stuff was their Killapelphia dvd. It's really good. They were crushing those clubs. And pretty honest. The singer was a big drunk and shooting his mouth off all the time and it finally built up and he and the guitarist got in a fight and the guitarist knocked him out. I'm not sure a lot of bands would have included all that. But as far as albums they were a lot the same. I don't see myself getting back into them.

I actually thought they might have done a memorial or such for the guy by now even if they hadn't decided on their future but apparently not.

Wow a jewel case, you scored with that one even if communication was a little lacking!
Yeah same here. There's a few people that didn't really get a memorial that I thought would have. Sean Reinert and Reed for C.O.C.

I know! By the pic I really thought it was going to be a digi. Happily surprised!

Have to agree on that one! He's always come across as a bit of a tool. He may very well have graduated to full on dickhead with those dreads.
I think what made actually start buying their stuff was their Killapelphia dvd. It's really good. They were crushing those clubs. And pretty honest. The singer was a big drunk and shooting his mouth off all the time and it finally built up and he and the guitarist got in a fight and the guitarist knocked him out. I'm not sure a lot of bands would have included all that. But as far as albums they were a lot the same. I don't see myself getting back into them.

Not that it will ever make it here but LOG and Trivium would definitely make me think twice about seeing Megadeth. I'd want at least a 50% discount on my ticket :)