The what's going on in Thrash thread

I bet your favorite Megadeth CD that Dave Mustaine is the number 1 registered fan in both the Dave Mustaine Fan Club, the Megadeth Cyber Club, and any other organization that promotes the worship and celebration of Megadeth and Dave Mustaine.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
The only have one other album, Nightmare Logic.
They released a live album just before Riley died in 2020 and they have one compilation which from memory is the compilation of their 3 EPs. The others are either singles or demos and the two other live albums I'm not sure if they are official recordings (i.e. done properly) or just sound board releases the band released themselves.
Aww crap. Only two full studio albums?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Aww crap. Only two full studio albums?

Essentially yes. The compilation is a full length album but it's 3 EPS. I haven't heard it, or the original EPS, no idea if the vocals are the same as on the first album either.

Reactions: Neptune
I imagine LOG and Trivium will pull different groups of fans than just Megadeth and a few other thrash bands. Pre-pandemic, hell, even pre-married life when I frequented more live metal shows I noticed their was a distinct death metal crowd in Vegas that did not usually go to thrash metal shows.

About a decade ago I went to the Summer Slaughter tour and it was two distinct crowds. The younger guys were there for bands like the Faceless, Job for a Cowboy, and Between the Buried and Me. The older crowd took over the pit during performances by Goatwhore, Exhumed, and Cannibal Corpse.
I would imagine Trivuim will more than LOG. I think of LOG as basically thrash with a little different vocals. But if you're there for Trivuim you're either getting into metal or in complete poser territory :)

Weird I've not noticed a big difference between death metal and thrash crowds. Not to say there haven't been a few people here and there that only like one. But by and large I've seen mostly crossover between the two.

Depending on the day Dave talks about it it's that diversity in crowds that he wants.
He mentioned only a few weeks back how having different bands on the bill meant that crowds could have a wider range of fans. But then a few days before he also mentioned something about how like bands on a bill was the best sort of thing fans and bands could hope for. Of course he took credit for both sides of the argument by reminding people he organised Clash Of The Titans and he organised The Metal Tour Of The Year.
Should be the sick the dying and the senile.

Reactions: Slammed
I would imagine Trivuim will more than LOG. I think of LOG as basically thrash with a little different vocals. But if you're there for Trivuim you're either getting into metal or in complete poser territory :)

Weird I've not noticed a big difference between death metal and thrash crowds. Not to say there haven't been a few people here and there that only like one. But by and large I've seen mostly crossover between the two.

I don't suppose you would notice the difference zerostatic is talking about when all you go to is Dolly Parton concerts :p

Should be the sick the dying and the senile.

Sadly I'm not sure it's senility that makes him speak like that, he's been doing it for way too long.
Currently on FB he's posting about winning one of those stage play guitars. It's not a bad prize, but it's not an antique either :)

Metal Injection have reviewed the new Destruction album.
https://metalinjection.net/reviews/album-review-destruction-diabolical

Alestorm have also released a new single but the heathens here don't understand pirate metal :)

It is Destruction and I pre ordered it. I dont expect it to eclipse the 80s classics, but I hope it is more memorable than the last few albums. Their last great album, The Antichrist, was released over 20 years ago!

Not sure if I am buying the new Alestorm after the dirt that came out about the singer and the crew from Gloryhammer last summer.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
It is Destruction and I pre ordered it. I dont expect it to eclipse the 80s classics, but I hope it is more memorable than the last few albums. Their last great album, The Antichrist, was released over 20 years ago!

Not sure if I am buying the new Alestorm after the dirt that came out about the singer and the crew from Gloryhammer last summer.

MI don't can the Destruction album, but I think, without hearing it, they make some valid points.

Bah, each to their own but the fact that as a group a band who writes songs about pirates, drinking and being fucked by an anchor is not a bunch of childish twats when they are in a private group is not something I'd consider a game changer. Damn if one didn't think they were capable of such childish prattle that's some mighty fine rose coloured glasses they were looking through. Think about all the silly conversations you've had in pubs or just at home with mates while drunk or stoned. I'm sure at one point we've all had at least one conversation we can look back on today and think it was wrong, immoral, or just plain stupid. The difference is we aren't famous enough that one of our 'friends' can get pissed off and leak it to the internet.