The what's going on in Thrash thread

A lot of fair points. What Jon Schaffer did is far worse than the locker room talk from the private message thread of the boys from Gloryhammer. I shouldn't have mentioned it here or compared the two. I guess my point is that I find it difficult to support behavior I find reprehensible.

Then again, we are talking about the behavior of a bunch of guys in a metal band so what did I expect?:lol: In time, I am sure I will get over it.

About a decade ago I saw Asesino live and there were fans getting pissed when the band started talking shit about Gringos between songs. I remember thinking...so all of the other shit about death and religion doesn't bother you? It is the comments about Gringos? :lol:
Yeah except it isn't just a bunch of guys in metal band. It's a whole network that this guy was a partial founder of. I don't think we should get over it.
Fuck him.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
So if this guy was Australian and he tried to overthrow your government and people died and he believed in a bunch of bullshit and supported one of the biggest pieces of shit in history. You'd still enjoy and keep his albums?
I don't think it's about a fuzzy feeling. It's about being disgusted.

Edit: I forgot. You are a hell of a lot more forgiving than I am!

P.S. I'm having wicked connectivity problems and I'm probably going to have to reset my laptop to factory settings. It might not come back. I'm going to loose all my bookmarks and everything.

Keep his albums yes, buy new ones no. I've not thrown out my Kevin Spacey DVD's. I've still got at least 1 Roman Polanski film somewhere in the collection. I still own Vulgar Display Of Power despite Phil being a racist twat, I even bought that album after his white power speeches (for $5). I'm not going throw shit out that I have bought just because a person involved did something wrong, even if it was the highest level of wrong. It's not about forgiveness, I don't see that forgiveness comes by not throwing something out. I also don't see the benefit in palming off shit I actually liked yesterday because of something that happened today which had no connection to it other than a name.

I understand some people don't view it the same way, some want to be supremely outraged and wipe everything John from their memory, but to me it serves no purpose, I'd still know I bought and enjoyed his albums. I'd still know I once supported him. I'd still know I once looked forward to hearing what he produced. And unless I tell people I've done it no one will know I've taken the stance of trying to wipe him from my memory. So what does it achieve other than personal feeling? I'd also know that there is at least 3 other people involved in those albums (and Hansi from Demons And Wizards) that didn't do anything wrong yet are being punished, if we can call it that, by my actions. I can still be disgusted in what he did, even as an Aussie, but throwing out CD's I owned long before he committed his crime, ain't going to happen.

But I also don't understand why not throwing out his band's albums is seen as some sort of forgiveness. Buying anything he produces from now on maybe, but not throwing shit out.

MOZbackup saves everything Mozilla it's simple and takes less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah except it isn't just a bunch of guys in metal band. It's a whole network that this guy was a partial founder of. I don't think we should get over it.
Fuck him.
I agree. I should have been clearer, damn Schaffer and the rest of Vanilla ISIS.

Eventually, I will probably get past my issues with the gang from Gloryhammer and Alestorm.

I agree. I should have been clearer, damn Schaffer and the rest of Vanilla ISIS.

Eventually, I will probably get past my issues with the gang from Gloryhammer and Alestorm.

Gloryhammer is dying anyway. If the new singer doesn't hit it out of the park in the first 6 months they are going to struggle to come back. Power metal does have a habit of just hanging around past it's used by date but I think Gloryhammer are closer to that expiry date than they realise and unless their next album is a killer it will only be diehard fans on the band wagon.

Alestorm is a bit different they get away with writing silly lyrics, but they also write historical stories so their pool of songs is nearly endless. Kind of like Sabaton and their war themes. Alestorm's fan base will rise and fall with each album depending how good or bad he songs are but given how many albums they currently sell and how many tours they do their future is much brighter.

Keep his albums yes, buy new ones no. I've not thrown out my Kevin Spacey DVD's. I've still got at least 1 Roman Polanski film somewhere in the collection. I still own Vulgar Display Of Power despite Phil being a racist twat, I even bought that album after his white power speeches (for $5). I'm not going throw shit out that I have bought just because a person involved did something wrong, even if it was the highest level of wrong. It's not about forgiveness, I don't see that forgiveness comes by not throwing something out. I also don't see the benefit in palming off shit I actually liked yesterday because of something that happened today which had no connection to it other than a name.

I understand some people don't view it the same way, some want to be supremely outraged and wipe everything John from their memory, but to me it serves no purpose, I'd still know I bought and enjoyed his albums. I'd still know I once supported him. I'd still know I once looked forward to hearing what he produced. And unless I tell people I've done it no one will know I've taken the stance of trying to wipe him from my memory. So what does it achieve other than personal feeling? I'd also know that there is at least 3 other people involved in those albums (and Hansi from Demons And Wizards) that didn't do anything wrong yet are being punished, if we can call it that, by my actions. I can still be disgusted in what he did, even as an Aussie, but throwing out CD's I owned long before he committed his crime, ain't going to happen.

But I also don't understand why not throwing out his band's albums is seen as some sort of forgiveness. Buying anything he produces from now on maybe, but not throwing shit out.

MOZbackup saves everything Mozilla it's simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
I wrote a whole big thing. But eh. What's the point? We see things how we see them right? There's no point in keeping this going. :) Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I hate computers.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Gloryhammer is dying anyway. If the new singer doesn't hit it out of the park in the first 6 months they are going to struggle to come back. Power metal does have a habit of just hanging around past it's used by date but I think Gloryhammer are closer to that expiry date than they realise and unless their next album is a killer it will only be diehard fans on the band wagon.

Alestorm is a bit different they get away with writing silly lyrics, but they also write historical stories so their pool of songs is nearly endless. Kind of like Sabaton and their war themes. Alestorm's fan base will rise and fall with each album depending how good or bad he songs are but given how many albums they currently sell and how many tours they do their future is much brighter.
They can change their name to Gloryhole?

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune

Agree with you on Gloryhammer. The vocals made that band great.

I appreciated Alestorm's effort to be more serious with the epics on Sunset of the Golden Age like Magnetic North and Caratagena. The last two have been more party, drinking tune albums. Interested to see if they get more serious on the new one with the song about Magellan's Voyage.

I watched Studio 666 the night before he died. Sad to see it happen and I imagine it will take a while for Grohl to recover and regroup. Blabbermouth is a fucking bottom feeder.
How was it? Oh yeah I imagine this hits hard for him, not that it wouldn't anyway. But especially because of Cobain. It is definitely sad. They really are supremely low. Anything for a click.

More gory than expected. The silly humor of scary movie 2 plus the over-the-top gore of Ash vs Evil Dead! Kerry King has a few short scenes. Foo Fighters relased a metal album under the name Dream Widow the day before the drummer died.

More gory than expected. The silly humor of scary movie 2 plus the over-the-top gore of Ash vs Evil Dead! Kerry King has a few short scenes. Foo Fighters relased a metal album under the name Dream Widow the day before the drummer died.
I'll have to check it out. I just finished re watching Ash vs Evil Dead. So pissed they cancelled it when they did. He said he'll never play the part again :cry:.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I wrote a whole big thing. But eh. What's the point? We see things how we see them right? There's no point in keeping this going. :) Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I hate computers.

But my opinion is right and if you don't agree with it then you are wrong and will be for ever so ner ner ner. :p
Actually if you don't agree with it I'll cancel you!
Can't have traitors lurking in our midst
I'm just saddened that you'll throw away all my CD's because I once kicked a monkey while setting off an atomic bomb, at the same time as I farted a hole in the ozone layer.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
But my opinion is right and if you don't agree with it then you are wrong and will be for ever so ner ner ner. :p
Actually if you don't agree with it I'll cancel you!
Can't have traitors lurking in our midst
I'm just saddened that you'll throw away all my CD's because I once kicked a monkey while setting off an atomic bomb, at the same time as I farted a hole in the ozone layer.
Oh man! How'd you know what I wrote?! :lol::kickass:

Shit. Only if you didn't record such a thing!

Agree with you on Gloryhammer. The vocals made that band great.

I appreciated Alestorm's effort to be more serious with the epics on Sunset of the Golden Age like Magnetic North and Caratagena. The last two have been more party, drinking tune albums. Interested to see if they get more serious on the new one with the song about Magellan's Voyage.

I also think Gloryhammer are running out of material as well and therefore singer good or bad there time is limited.

I think they will still mix serious with fun, they are all about the fun and silliness, their live shows are all about drinking and having a good time no matter what that is. I see plenty of room for serious songs but I can't see them ever giving up the silly.