The what's going on in Thrash thread

David is reading all that off a prompt, how useless :)
They aren't the sort of thing I would bid for, but I can see why others would. However what does worry me is that the family got these things out of the vault and are selling them to help finance the film. The film, while slow was not asking for finance before JnrCo got involved. What the hell is JnrCo doing that requires so much more funding?
Hopefully it's not to pat Jnr! I doubt it is. But maybe Jnr is bringing some of that movie magic from his film! I wouldn't mind having Menza's sig. but the stuff I saw before and in the video is a stretch even for me.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah, nah, I got none of that death/thrash. I got pretend thrash with forced black metal. The whole album to me felt like it was written under duress. Maybe with more time and better working of the songs it could be better but it felt rushed and not what it should be. To me it felt like AC/DC trying to do thrash, the same four chords they've always used tuned differently with some lyrics that tried to be scary.
That sounds like what I assumed it would be. But I haven't really heard much. Just not really my thing.

Hopefully it's not to pat Jnr! I doubt it is. But maybe Jnr is bringing some of that movie magic from his film! I wouldn't mind having Menza's sig. but the stuff I saw before and in the video is a stretch even for me.

I'm sure Jnr's mob are getting paid something and they rightly should, but if the cost has gone up because of him/his production team, then what he adds better be magic.

I agree, I wouldn't want that vest and really even the books wouldn't be that much for me. I understand some people would want them though.

Reactions: redfly
That sounds like what I assumed it would be. But I haven't really heard much. Just not really my thing.

I get to listen to the FF's quite often around here because my wife likes them and to some degree so do the kids. They aren't a band I'd buy but I can listen to them. I thought the Dream Widow album might have been better because I'm sure Dave can write just about anything he puts his mind too, but it just felt too forced.

Yeah it's not too bad. But man bring me some enemy of god!

I've read reviews that it's some kind of anthem and that the backing vocalist, the guy who is playing with the animals, is some one I should maybe know, but I don't know about any of that. I do know I like it, but it's not as gutsy as the first single.

I'm sure Jnr's mob are getting paid something and they rightly should, but if the cost has gone up because of him/his production team, then what he adds better be magic.

I agree, I wouldn't want that vest and really even the books wouldn't be that much for me. I understand some people would want them though.
It must have been really dreadful if they doing this now. I do hope it pays off.

I get to listen to the FF's quite often around here because my wife likes them and to some degree so do the kids. They aren't a band I'd buy but I can listen to them. I thought the Dream Widow album might have been better because I'm sure Dave can write just about anything he puts his mind too, but it just felt too forced.
I was hoping it would be fast. I know Dave is a big fan of Anthrax and especially Charlie's drums.

It must have been really dreadful if they doing this now. I do hope it pays off.

Well yeah, there is that point too. Was it that bad that Jnr's input was actually required? After all it was being made professionally before he stepped in. Man they should just release it and stop all the speculation.

I wish I could feel the same about Anthrax but seeing their performances from before the pandemic leaves me doubtful that they have improved.

Well yeah, there is that point too. Was it that bad that Jnr's input was actually required? After all it was being made professionally before he stepped in. Man they should just release it and stop all the speculation.
They should. They've been acting like release is just around the corner for a while now. Maybe we use the end of the auction as gauge. 6 months after? Idk know how long manufacturing would take.

Kelly making sales! I haven't looked into this yet. I don't know where he thinks we can go buy it though. Does anyone know if Flotsam has mentioned this on any of their socials? Maybe it's homemade? But if it is He didn't have a link to buy it. I don't think I would anyway...maybe.

EDIT: Amazon has it.

Last edited:
They should. They've been acting like release is just around the corner for a while now. Maybe we use the end of the auction as gauge. 6 months after? Idk know how long manufacturing would take.

They seemed closer to release before Jnr took over :)
One thing I do notice is that David referred to Dave in the video more than a few times. I realise this is all happening because of a band they were both in called Megadeth, but I've heard Jnr mention Dave quite a bit lately and he never hesitates, and always speaks like they are still friends. Whereas Dave really hasn't mentioned the guy at all.