The what's going on in Thrash thread

Lol and two more Teds.

It's weird the shit that goes over the top though. I honestly thought Drainman and his cartoon would be agree with by most people. I know in this country university education loans are nearly always paid back, as are house loans and car loans and every other loan, it's part of the deal when you borrow something.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I get a blank when I try and go here. I didn't pay attention to whether or not it's just not up yet.
Edit:April 10th for the auction.

David is reading all that off a prompt, how useless :)
They aren't the sort of thing I would bid for, but I can see why others would. However what does worry me is that the family got these things out of the vault and are selling them to help finance the film. The film, while slow was not asking for finance before JnrCo got involved. What the hell is JnrCo doing that requires so much more funding?

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'll have to check it out. I just finished re watching Ash vs Evil Dead. So pissed they cancelled it when they did. He said he'll never play the part again :cry:.

As a fan of the series I feel fortunate that we got to see Bruce Campbell reprise the role of Ash for 3 seasons. I attended an event/book signing of his a few years ago and he really seems over the whole Evil Dead thing. I brought one of my Burn Notice DVDs for him to sign and he actually stopped and had a short conversation with me about the show. He seemed happy to sign/discuss something not Evil Dead related.

It's weird the shit that goes over the top though. I honestly thought Drainman and his cartoon would be agree with by most people. I know in this country university education loans are nearly always paid back, as are house loans and car loans and every other loan, it's part of the deal when you borrow something.
I'm certainly not an expert on this. But I know there has been a lot of talk about these lenders praying on students that have no other choice if they want any sort of higher learning. It's been a really big problem. Obviously there all sorts of reason why loans aren't repaid and not all are legitimate.

Reactions: Slammed
As a fan of the series I feel fortunate that we got to see Bruce Campbell reprise the role of Ash for 3 seasons. I attended an event/book signing of his a few years ago and he really seems over the whole Evil Dead thing. I brought one of my Burn Notice DVDs for him to sign and he actually stopped and had a short conversation with me about the show. He seemed happy to sign/discuss something not Evil Dead related.
Aw that's freakin awesome!!! I'd love to meet him. You're right, it's good we got a last hurrah out of him, if indeed he is done. I do know there is a new Evil Dead game either out or coming out that has him in it. If it's at all decent which it looks like it is I'm going to get it.

A mix of death, thrash, some black metal elements....but I think it loses a lot of metal fans because there are still a lot of pop rock elements throughout the choruses or even the solos. Still, I'd love to see FF play some of those songs live, maybe even bring out a few metal bands on tour.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed

Burn Notice was fun for a few seasons, it died a bit toward the end though.

Reactions: redfly
I enjoyed the album, but understand it might not be everyones jam.

I just found nothing interesting or new in it. I know it wasn't touted as being anything new but it just didn't grab me. The first song was okay but once Dave proved he could write an almost thrash riff it was over for me because the rest of the album had so little substance. I'd rather listen to a Foo Fighters album than Dream Widow.

How about the new Destruction album? Listened to it twice today and found it quite enjoyable. Hopefully it will continue to grow! :kickass:

Anthrax announced a European tour with Municipal Waste as a support band. Should be a killer show and I hope they eventually bring it to North America.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I'm certainly not an expert on this. But I know there has been a lot of talk about these lenders praying on students that have no other choice if they want any sort of higher learning. It's been a really big problem. Obviously there all sorts of reason why loans aren't repaid and not all are legitimate.

In our country we have a pay back system where students only pay the money back if they get a job and earn over X. So that of course led to a small group of shit bags who got their education in high paying industries and then went and worked part time at McDonalds so they never paid it back. But the majority of people did the right thing.

Lending money is always a risk but there are also too many people that think living on credit is the only way to live and even worse there is people who think they have the right to choose when they pay it back. Student loans for most are a necessary evil, even in this country were we supposedly have free education and while I believe all moneys should be paid back, I don't agree with the God Father method of payment.

A mix of death, thrash, some black metal elements....but I think it loses a lot of metal fans because there are still a lot of pop rock elements throughout the choruses or even the solos. Still, I'd love to see FF play some of those songs live, maybe even bring out a few metal bands on tour.

Yeah, nah, I got none of that death/thrash. I got pretend thrash with forced black metal. The whole album to me felt like it was written under duress. Maybe with more time and better working of the songs it could be better but it felt rushed and not what it should be. To me it felt like AC/DC trying to do thrash, the same four chords they've always used tuned differently with some lyrics that tried to be scary.

I thought the same thing during the initial run. Gave it a few years and rewatched it and came away for a greater appreciation for the later seasons. Maybe I will rewatch it this summer, haha.

I don't have time to re-watch things, especially not series. I only spend about 12 hours a week watching TV so watching things twice is just not an option.

How about the new Destruction album? Listened to it twice today and found it quite enjoyable. Hopefully it will continue to grow! :kickass:

Anthrax announced a European tour with Municipal Waste as a support band. Should be a killer show and I hope they eventually bring it to North America.

Still can't get into the vocals on every song. The music is great, the instruments sound great, production good, there is some pure Teutonic thrash happening there. Hope Dies Last, No Faith In Humanity, Repent Your Sins, are good songs but to often through the album the guys vocals just don't work. It's not even like they drop for the whole song, it's a chorus here, or a verse there, it's almost like they autotuned his voice for 90% of the album and let it break for the other 10%.

Reactions: zerostatic