The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I don't remember exactly why he was talking about them. But he was pretty positive about them and said they had mindfuck drumming lol.

I think they once did, but I'm not sure Charlie is that much of a mindfuck drummer any more. Sure his hands might not be up to it at times and I'm sure when he suffers it's bloody painful, but I just don't think he's ever going to be the drummer he was. Give Dave a chance now and they could be on top again!! Or maybe not.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I don't remember what was wrong with them? Except for the tired set-list.

Age like the rest of us. They don't rock as hard as they used to. I really think the longer set lists as headliners is going to put the pressure on Joey. Despite the fact that he is remarkably fit for his age and does do his drumming gig, the Bloodstock performance had quite a few iffy spots in it where Joey either forgot the words or missed them through not taking the right breaths at the right time. John still seems to bust his arse on stage but gets very little recognition for it. Scott spends too much time dancing so that he is out of breath when he does speak, but when he does speak it's mostly about self gratification rather than the fans like it used to be years ago. He used to congratulate the fans, talk them up, tell them how great they were, now days he does very little of that due to his short speeches about Metallica. Lets also not forget that as a bunch of 55+ year olds they have done next to nothing for more than 2 years, even if they had home gyms and the like they are still likely to be far from stage ready. I know I'm critical about Anthrax, probably more so than anyone else here, but once upon a time there was so little to be critical about.

Kelly making sales! I haven't looked into this yet. I don't know where he thinks we can go buy it though. Does anyone know if Flotsam has mentioned this on any of their socials? Maybe it's homemade? But if it is He didn't have a link to buy it. I don't think I would anyway...maybe.

EDIT: Amazon has it.

Isn't this the one Neptune linked to a few weeks back?
There has been no mention of any releases or re-releases on their socials, but it is on Napalm. From what I can find Iron Tears and Metal Shock were independent releases and therefore no connection to any current label. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Kelly either has full rights to those recordings or has some how got the sale rights, as to why I don't know, and he's done a deal with Napalm independent of the band.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
They seemed closer to release before Jnr took over :)
One thing I do notice is that David referred to Dave in the video more than a few times. I realise this is all happening because of a band they were both in called Megadeth, but I've heard Jnr mention Dave quite a bit lately and he never hesitates, and always speaks like they are still friends. Whereas Dave really hasn't mentioned the guy at all.
Yeah it's weird. The only thing Mustaine is says about Jnr is that something happened and they had to make a change. Like he's trying to forget his name.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Isn't this the one Neptune linked to a few weeks back?
There has been no mention of any releases or re-releases on their socials, but it is on Napalm. From what I can find Iron Tears and Metal Shock were independent releases and therefore no connection to any current label. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Kelly either has full rights to those recordings or has some how got the sale rights, as to why I don't know, and he's done a deal with Napalm independent of the band.
I don't remember lol. It does seem like a Kelly deal. I was surprised that it is even on a label and that amazon has it. I'm thinking about it because I found one on amazon for $8 and change (the others are $14) and I have a ten dollar credit and I'm on my free trial of Prime, so I'd get it for free.
I also saw that there is a new version of Live In Phoenix. It has reviews but when I looked closer it is on pre order. So I'm confused as to how it has reviews.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I thin
I think they once did, but I'm not sure Charlie is that much of a mindfuck drummer any more. Sure his hands might not be up to it at times and I'm sure when he suffers it's bloody painful, but I just don't think he's ever going to be the drummer he was. Give Dave a chance now and they could be on top again!! Or maybe not.
I think he still is on album. Those drums are pretty great on the last two albums.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah it's weird. The only thing Mustaine is says about Jnr is that something happened and they had to make a change. Like he's trying to forget his name.

I suppose that is Mustaine through and through. Unless he can bad mouth the person instantly he says nothing and then unleashes his tirade just when everyone is forgetting about shit. They obviously have some communication though because he's getting stuff from what I assume is the Megadeth vault to sell.

Reactions: Neptune
I don't remember lol. It does seem like a Kelly deal. I was surprised that it is even on a label and that amazon has it. I'm thinking about it because I found one on amazon for $8 and change (the others are $14) and I have a ten dollar credit and I'm on my free trial of Prime, so I'd get it for free.
I also saw that there is a new version of Live In Phoenix. It has reviews but when I looked closer it is on pre order. So I'm confused as to how it has reviews.

Live In Phoenix was released by Mausoleum Records. I'm not sure if anything else was released by them so it could be they have the rights to it and again the band don't get a choice. Let's face it with the success of their last two albums and the press mostly speaking very positive about them it's a good time for anyone who owns the rights to start selling back catalogue stuff.

Live In Phoenix was released by Mausoleum Records. I'm not sure if anything else was released by them so it could be they have the rights to it and again the band don't get a choice. Let's face it with the success of their last two albums and the press mostly speaking very positive about them it's a good time for anyone who owns the rights to start selling back catalogue stuff.
Mausoleum? That's weird. My original copy says Magick Records.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Mausoleum? That's weird. My original copy says Magick Records.

The video/DVD is Magick, the CD released a year later is Mausoleum, I only looked at the CD.
Another guess on the stuff with Kelly too, he's listed as founding member, maybe that gives him some sort of rights to the stuff they did before they were signed to a major.

Age like the rest of us. They don't rock as hard as they used to. I really think the longer set lists as headliners is going to put the pressure on Joey. Despite the fact that he is remarkably fit for his age and does do his drumming gig, the Bloodstock performance had quite a few iffy spots in it where Joey either forgot the words or missed them through not taking the right breaths at the right time. John still seems to bust his arse on stage but gets very little recognition for it. Scott spends too much time dancing so that he is out of breath when he does speak, but when he does speak it's mostly about self gratification rather than the fans like it used to be years ago. He used to congratulate the fans, talk them up, tell them how great they were, now days he does very little of that due to his short speeches about Metallica. Lets also not forget that as a bunch of 55+ year olds they have done next to nothing for more than 2 years, even if they had home gyms and the like they are still likely to be far from stage ready. I know I'm critical about Anthrax, probably more so than anyone else here, but once upon a time there was so little to be critical about.

Reading this made me realize my fond memories of raging Anthrax shows are from 10-11 years ago! I was going to argue but then I remember that I can't crank out a sub-8 minute mile anymore when it used to be easy just a decade ago.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Age is going to get us all at some point and there is nothing wrong with that. I still give these older guys credit for getting up on stage and giving it a go, but for most they just aren't good as they used to be. Lets face it being in a band is a job, and in some countries it's probably a job that doesn't have a great retirement plan, (unless your Marcel from Destruction!), so getting up there every night is really no different to anyone else slugging it out day in day out until they are 70.

There are guys like Testament and Flotz who do seem to be getting better, or at least finding a very solid groove, but most bands of the era, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, Sacred Reich, Vio-lence, Exhorder they can still do gigs but none of them are as good as they used to be. But then very few of us in our own jobs are getting better at what we do either. I know myself I've got to do shit like making solar systems and rebuilding engines because I'm tired and sick of the work that actually pays the bills. I should go into wine and beer making!

Reactions: redfly
The video/DVD is Magick, the CD released a year later is Mausoleum, I only looked at the CD.
Another guess on the stuff with Kelly too, he's listed as founding member, maybe that gives him some sort of rights to the stuff they did before they were signed to a major.
Ah ok. I don't have that on cd. The one that's coming out soon has both. Yeah Kelly has said before in interviews and to me that he started the band. So yeah maybe he does have special rights. I just find a little weird that it has some stuff from before Gilbert even joined. The guy did no albums or anything. I'm not even sure if they were Flotsam And Jetsam yet. I'm not sure what the draw is. And since Newsted didn't even mention Ed in his long interview I'm not sure if he was even in the band yet either.

Reactions: Slammed
Age is going to get us all at some point and there is nothing wrong with that. I still give these older guys credit for getting up on stage and giving it a go, but for most they just aren't good as they used to be. Lets face it being in a band is a job, and in some countries it's probably a job that doesn't have a great retirement plan, (unless your Marcel from Destruction!), so getting up there every night is really no different to anyone else slugging it out day in day out until they are 70.

There are guys like Testament and Flotz who do seem to be getting better, or at least finding a very solid groove, but most bands of the era, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, Sacred Reich, Vio-lence, Exhorder they can still do gigs but none of them are as good as they used to be. But then very few of us in our own jobs are getting better at what we do either. I know myself I've got to do shit like making solar systems and rebuilding engines because I'm tired and sick of the work that actually pays the bills. I should go into wine and beer making!
Get Slammed with Slammed Ale and Wine!! You can thank me later. :lol:

Ah ok. I don't have that on cd. The one that's coming out soon has both. Yeah Kelly has said before in interviews and to me that he started the band. So yeah maybe he does have special rights. I just find a little weird that it has some stuff from before Gilbert even joined. The guy did no albums or anything. I'm not even sure if they were Flotsam And Jetsam yet. I'm not sure what the draw is. And since Newsted didn't even mention Ed in his long interview I'm not sure if he was even in the band yet either.

According to MA Newstead is credited with the writing on those EPs, where as the band as a whole is credited with the music. If it is all tied up in legal mumbo jumbo chances are we'll never understand why it's done :)

Get Slammed with Slammed Ale and Wine!! You can thank me later. :lol:

My wife would drink all the profits of the wine company!
Then I'd have to water it down to make it go further and then I'd be accusing myself of watering down my product because I was getting old.