The what's going on in Thrash thread

Coroner has you covered with the song Masked Jackal.

or Sepultura with Dictatorshit.

and then there was this brilliant album cover from Panzer!
665279.jpg

:lol:

There is a band, power metal I think, that has three members dressed up as Trump, Putin and the Korean dude.

They would therefore be telling the story from the Aboriginal perspective and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to consider that the Aboriginal people had their own north star which they followed. Today we see the big dipper and the southern cross but the Aboriginal people didn't, even after colonisation where English words began to creep into their language they had their own names that could be translated to English. Also take into account that there is something like 260 different aboriginal dialects, referring to a north or northern star could have had more than 200 different words, using the English word around a camp fire makes sense.

Fascinating. Seriously. I used to show a documentary made about 15 years ago called Australia Revealed narrated by Russel Crowe. There were parts that looked at the Aborigine and their beliefs that I thought was really interesting. The activity with having students match Australian slang with American English meanings usually bought me 15 minutes of engaged students so it was time well spent, haha.

Fascinating. Seriously. I used to show a documentary made about 15 years ago called Australia Revealed narrated by Russel Crowe. There were parts that looked at the Aborigine and their beliefs that I thought was really interesting. The activity with having students match Australian slang with American English meanings usually bought me 15 minutes of engaged students so it was time well spent, haha.

The first mistake there is having something narrated by Russell, he's a fucking kiwi :)
Even us silly white fellas don't know that much about the Aboriginal culture, it's been taught here for 100 years and what they are teaching now is way beyond what it was when I was at school but it still barely scratches the surface.
We have books and books of "aussie slang" which are filled with words we haven't even heard of. There is of course the ones that get regularly used but when someone is trying to be funny and fill a book full of them it's amazing the ones that pop up which no one has heard of. Of course the author can cite where in history it came from by mysteriously no one else can.

We have books and books of "aussie slang" which are filled with words we haven't even heard of. There is of course the ones that get regularly used but when someone is trying to be funny and fill a book full of them it's amazing the ones that pop up which no one has heard of. Of course the author can cite where in history it came from by mysteriously no one else can.
You mean you don't go around calling people Banana Benders? Or tell people they must have Kangaroos loose in the paddock? How about taking in a game of Aerial Ping Pong? :lol:

You mean you don't go around calling people Banana Benders? Or tell people they must have Kangaroos loose in the paddock? How about taking in a game of Aerial Ping Pong? :lol:

They are legit, (someone has to bend those bananas), but as to how often they get used, well that's a question in itself.
I would suggest Queenslanders and New South Welshman call us Victorian's Mexicans (south of the border) way more than anyone uses the term banana benders and they usually use it as a put down because our teams beat theirs. In fact I don't even know what we are supposed to call NSW people, other than stuck up snobs.

Well that's maybe not as bad as what I was afraid of! I was afraid you come up with some whole bogus webpage about some terrible music project by one of my favorites or something :p

Shit, I didn't think of that. I'll make one for next year!!

Reactions: redfly