The what's going on in Thrash thread

Hmm, kind of doesn't make sense to me. Forbidden Territories is Spencers song. Why would he only be there for the last? Lets see if Neptune remembers. He was there on the old forum and I'm almost positive Spencer was selling a disc of demos for the album on Ebay at that time I guess he was in and writing and playing with them and maybe they had two pre productions? And was out before this one?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
The last song is a live song recorded at Hammersmith the year before the album was released.

Do a google search for the album there is quite a few different pages with the album on it and they all show the same cover, they all list the same band members and they all have the same alternative track listing and member list. There is only one site I found that claims Spencer played on all tracks and that's a guy who is trying to sell a copy which he got off Spencer. From what I can tell Spencer probably did sell these and they are numbered up too one hundred, he also did one for When The Storm Comes too. It's been talked about quite a bit but only one site varies the information.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Oh so this is not an official release? Weird that he would sell something only played one song on. It might be crazy but I'm thinking they did a pre production with Spencer, then he was gone, and they did one with Troy before the actual came out and just filled it out with Forbidden Territories?
Possible? I'm pretty 9 hosed right now. So I just might not be in the right frame of mind for this. :lol:. Pay no attention.

None of the pre-productions are official, they are raw desk recordings without all the bells and whistles. Not quite the same as the Megadeth RIP album I have where all the instruments are separated into single tracks, but the same sort of premise. Not good enough quality for retail sale, not polished enough to call finished.

As near as I can tell they recorded it about 6 months before they recorded what became the final cut. There is 9 raw studio tracks and one live track, only 5 of the tracks went on to be on the retail version. This version would have been almost direct off the desk having been pasted together but not mastered.

Both No Place and When The Storm Comes have pre-production version. No Place only had 5 tracks make the final cut, but When The Storm Comes only had 8 tracks and 7 were on the final cut. When The Storm Comes sounds a little more polished but is still far from perfect. Despite Spencer not being on either album from what I can tell both of these were either sold, or possibly given away by him years after the official albums were released.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
But what does Kelly think of all this? :heh:. Damn I wish Spencer wouldn't have stopped answering his gmail. He gave me some picks from touring he did after Newsted left. I didn't ask for them he just sent that to me with a note. Weird how he just stopped. I wonder if he has any copies left.

Reactions: Slammed
I'm starting to wonder if the important members who have left have been gifted an era of the band and they are allowed to release whatever shit they can find of that era for themselves!

If he doesn't answer emails then it doesn't matter how many copies he has left! Given there was supposedly only 100 copies and I've seen about 1000 reviews I think there was more download than copies :)

Reactions: redfly
Hmm, kind of doesn't make sense to me. Forbidden Territories is Spencers song. Why would he only be there for the last? Lets see if Neptune remembers. He was there on the old forum and I'm almost positive Spencer was selling a disc of demos for the album on Ebay at that time I guess he was in and writing and playing with them and maybe they had two pre productions? And was out before this one?
Your guess is as good as mine Redfly just can’t seem to remember!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
View attachment 30482
Saw this posted on FB with a bunch of fall tour dates. A sign of decline for the mighty Megadeth? Is Five Finger Death Punch really that big of a draw that they can headline over the Megadeth?

When they toured the Europe with FFDP last time both Daves gave the reason as "FFDP are a popular band and we get to play venues we wouldn't normally play while at the same time giving Dave the chance to recover and ease back into singing." As much as it didn't make sense then it makes even less sense in the US.

Dirk, LoMenzo, someone recently said the current sets are shorter and contain songs Dave can sing not a best of set. A support slot would allow for that but it still doesn't make sense that Megadeth are opening for FFDP and it never will no matter how many times they do it!

I'm starting to wonder if the important members who have left have been gifted an era of the band and they are allowed to release whatever shit they can find of that era for themselves!

If he doesn't answer emails then it doesn't matter how many copies he has left! Given there was supposedly only 100 copies and I've seen about 1000 reviews I think there was more download than copies :)

Yeah that's what I'm saying! :tickled:

100 copies and released in 1987. Either they didn't sell for shit or he had more copies..or he was selling a different version. This would have been around 2006 or 7..ish that he was selling them on ebay.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about gifting an era. Flotsam isn't a very strictly run ship.

View attachment 30482
Saw this posted on FB with a bunch of fall tour dates. A sign of decline for the mighty Megadeth? Is Five Finger Death Punch really that big of a draw that they can headline over the Megadeth?
I think this tour has happened before? It's radio crowd vs semi radio crowd. I think radio wins every time. But still a sign of decline in my opinion. That Dave is seeking these types of gigs so hard.

Yeah that's what I'm saying! :tickled:

100 copies and released in 1987. Either they didn't sell for shit or he had more copies..or he was selling a different version. This would have been around 2006 or 7..ish that he was selling them on ebay.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about gifting an era. Flotsam isn't a very strictly run ship.

Going by what other bands seem to do I wouldn't suggest these 100 copies were sold in any shop but it would be a set number release for getting rid of as promos, of gift packs or something like that. Chances are half of them went to big wigs, of record execs, mag editors etc who will never listen to the things and the band, or one member gets left with a batch to give away. If Spencer was trying to do a bit of PR it makes sense that he'd try and get rid of stuff that had been laying around collecting dust. There may even be legalities with actually selling them based on the fact that part of most deals signed means the band are technically writing the songs to fulfil a contract which is an album. They don't always loose all rights to their songs but the label pays for 'x' songs and selling any of those outside the labels reach might be frowned upon.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Oh for sure. It's just the things he used to say weren't always so stupid. And really I don't care. I was more thinking here we go it will set off Blabber. But his maturity level is shit.

Reactions: Slammed