The what's going on in Thrash thread

I can't believe Spitz got rid of all those guitars.

Yeah I know he wasn't entirely happy with Anthrax and maybe he did want to wipe it from his memory but it's a hell of a thing to get rid of something that looked so good even if he didn't think he'd ever play it again.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Propaganda is pretty a strong statement for a guy singing a song. But I wouldn't want to have to listen to that guy either being stuck on a plane either. However I also wouldn't go on Twitter and shoot my mouth off about it. You don't always have to add you two cents.

Exactly. It would be no different if the guy broke out in some black metal (is that even possible with an acoustic?). I would have cringed, probably tried to block my ears, I might even have been grumpy but calling it propaganda and making a scene about it seems way over the top.

Yeah I know he wasn't entirely happy with Anthrax and maybe he did want to wipe it from his memory but it's a hell of a thing to get rid of something that looked so good even if he didn't think he'd ever play it again.
Absolutely. To get rid of some, ok. but all?! That guitar had seen some history. I would have at least kept that TMNT V.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Gear envy? During the pandemic I started playing guitar and saved up enough staying home to buy a new Gibson. Talked to the owner of a local shop and he offered to sell me a new Gibson but also recommended checking out the ESPs. I walked out of there an hour a later with a beautiful single cutaway ESP that cost a fraction of the price of a new Gibson, was lighter and the finish is amazing. I regret nothing.
By the way. Kudos on picking up the guitar! I've never checked pawn shops. Maybe I should. But although I've been playing a long time. If something was off. I'm not sure I would know or be able to identify it on the spot.

Exactly. It would be no different if the guy broke out in some black metal (is that even possible with an acoustic?). I would have cringed, probably tried to block my ears, I might even have been grumpy but calling it propaganda and making a scene about it seems way over the top.
Yeah. I wonder if he ever feels dumb for doing these things lol. Maybe count to 10 first before posting.

By the way. Kudos on picking up the guitar! I've never checked pawn shops. Maybe I should. But although I've been playing a long time. If something was off. I'm not sure I would know or be able to identify it on the spot.

You should all go to the shop Pawn Stars is filmed at, I don't watch the show but I would if you were on it!

I played during high school and off and on during college. Played a lot before I got married. Back when I was single and had all the time off but not a lot of money during the summer I would put Netflix on with subtitles and plug in one of the guitars and jam out for 2-4 hours a day. At one point in 2012 I could play nearly all of Master of Puppets by Metallica! Picked it up during the pandemic but have fallen out of the habit in the last year since I spent most evenings helping my wife job prep for interviews. Now that we are somewhat settled I plan on getting back into it...need to build up those calluses again! :kickass:

I played during high school and off and on during college. Played a lot before I got married. Back when I was single and had all the time off but not a lot of money during the summer I would put Netflix on with subtitles and plug in one of the guitars and jam out for 2-4 hours a day. At one point in 2012 I could play nearly all of Master of Puppets by Metallica! Picked it up during the pandemic but have fallen out of the habit in the last year since I spent most evenings helping my wife job prep for interviews. Now that we are somewhat settled I plan on getting back into it...need to build up those calluses again! :kickass:
Oh oaky. Cool to get back into it! I know almost no songs lol. It's just not something I ever got into. I've stumbled across some by accident and figured it out from there. But mostly I just play. It probably would have been good to learn some songs because it can help you out a lot just learning the way some things are done. But I've managed to get my arpeggio sweeps down and some Vai style tapping, so I can't complain too much.

I think that's on the other side of the country and probably at this point they charge as much as retail lol.

Someone has to pay for the show to be made. I see ads of it occasionally and the guys all act like complete dicks.

Hey speaking of complete dicks I'm reading Access All Areas but Scott Ian :)

It might be too late, the damage could be done.
Well now I did one lol. I left my guitar resting with the back up against my couch. I wake up and go to play and the volume knob is completely frozen. Like it's been crushed into the threads or as if it had been super glued. I can't turn it at all. So now all of my guitars have something wrong with them :cry:. I just can't imagine what could have happened while I was sleeping. It seems impossible.