The what's going on in Thrash thread

Never been to the shop in Vegas but I drove by it a few times. It became another tourist trap on the strip, haha. I did visit some of the small shops that the Pawn Stars call in as their experts. I think the owner of Moon Dog Records used to get the call for anything regarding vintage vinyl. The tool that owned Cow Town Guitars used to get the call for anything guitar related, and I forget the name of the shop, but I visited the store owned by their vintage toy expert.

Before Moon Dog Records moved across town I used to visit about once a month or so. Prices were a little high but he had some good stuff. Bought some Flotsam and Jetsam and Overkill vinyl from there.
I bet the pawn shops in Vegas are packed with stuff!

Do you think they any of them are true? If he was drinking that frequently how much does he really remember from that period?

When I started my career as a teacher I worked with a guy near the end of his career who claimed he was at Woodstock. I believed him because he said he took so many drugs that he didn't really remember much about it. :lol::kickass:
:lol: yeah that seems right!

The Gov taking down Ubet wasn't connected to Joey, it was the time line. He was stressed out with all the Joey re-signing negotiation and in his words the idea that that his band only had two members, him and Charile, then Ubet being shut down and him possibly loosing money happened at the same time. He seems to hint at the Joey re-sign did not go easy and the shut down of his gambling added major stress to the situation. Sounds a bit to me like an addict getting his source cut off and worried he wont be able to get his next hit so every other problem becomes a major deal too.
Ah okay. Couldn't handle the band and gambling both huh?

It gets even better than that. The Dime/Scott conversation continued, I just hadn't read it all at the time.

So Scott and Bush are in a hotel in NYC or something and Scott's just about to go to bed when the phone rings. It's Dime telling him how much he likes the album. Then Scott hears a fucking commotion on the other end of the phone and asks what is going on, figuring Dime's having another party. Dime says "it's your mate Sebastian Bach," he then explains Sebbie and others were partying down town so they all came back to Dime's place for more but everyone left any it's only Sebbie.

Next thing Scott hears Sebbie screaming at the top of his lungs. "I'm Sebastian Bach motherfucker. I used to be important. I wrote I Remember You motherfucker but now all people care about is bands like Slayer, Anthrax and fucking Pantera." Dime tells Scott Sebbie had some coke and is on a major downer. Next thing there is a loud smash and Dime tell him he has to go. Scott puts down the phone worried but figuring Dime know what he's doing and he'll ring in the morning.

30 minutes later just as Scott falls asleep the phone rings again. "He threw a fucking bottle through my KISS pinball machine and set the smoke machine off. The house is full of smoke." Scott tries to be helpful but Dime says it's okay and hangs up again.

Another 30 minutes and Scott's phone rings again. "He's running around the back yard screaming 'I'm Sebastain Bach motherfucker. He's chasing my goat around the pool. What if he falls in? Have you ever tried to rescue a fucking goat from a pool?"
Scott tells him he'll ring the cops and say he's a neighbour complaining about noise because Dime's neighbours apparently weren't often happy with Dime and his parties. Dime tells him no cops it would disrespectful to him friend.

Scott eventually goes back to bed then 30 minutes later, "I'm hiding in my closet under a big pile of clothes, he'll never find me."
Scott tells him he can't hide in his own house, he needs the cops. Dime again says no. Next thing "I found you motherfucker." and the line goes dead again.

Scott decides to ring 911 but of course they can tell his neighbour claim is bullshit given Dime's house is in Texas and he's calling from NYC or where ever he was.

5am and Scott's had almost no sleep and Dime rings again telling him it's okay he's got Sebbie calmed down and listening to KISS records. He then asks Scott if he knows the lead singer of Drowning Pool, Dave something. Scott says they've met a few times but they don't know each other too well. Dime tells him Dave is there and wants to say hit. Scott's surprised someone else was there for the whole time, but talks to Dave for a few minutes. Then next second he hears "I'm Sebastian Bach motherfucker!"

A tired Scott thinks, oh no not again. It goes on for a few minutes and Dave and Dime take times telling Scott what is going on.

Dime then gets on the phone again, they chat for a few minutes about Sebbie on a bender and how Dave's watching him tell no body who is and how important he was. Then Dime says "did you know Dave does a near perfect impersonation of your mate Sebastian?"

Scott finally realises it's a set up and asks why and Dime responds with, "I asked Dave if he could do his Sebastian act because I wanted to ring you can keep you awake all night with phone calls!"

Score 1 Dime!!
Holy shit!! Bwahahahaha!!! Dude I'd be so pissed off lol. Fucking Dime lol. That's hilarious.

Ah okay. Couldn't handle the band and gambling both huh?

It definitely seems that way. He started doing the betting thing around 2006/7 as a rank amateur and no idea how to play. They signed him after his first tournament not because he could play well but because he seemed to hold his own. Then as he got more tournaments under his belt he started to become known and Ubet were happy to keep paying him. Then as other commitments took over he pushed the online thing a lot more, they paid for pro lessons, then it was fly by night jaunts between gigs and tournaments. Then it was big wins of tens of thousands which he got to keep and an actual demand for him to play. Then the band seemingly split apart and him and Charlie were the only members according to Scott, but gambling was still there.

As I said he never mentions that he had an addiction, and he didn't mention things like sweaty palms when he couldn't get his fix, or not sleeping etc, but the way he talks about it are tell tales signs of addiction. And lets face it if a betting company is willing to give you a $10K buy in and everything you win is yours to keep, but if you loose you owe nothing, who wouldn't get addicted. Maybe a thinking person would ask how a betting agency could afford to pay him and 15 other players to do that while letting them keep the winnings, but free money makes people do silly things.

Holy shit!! Bwahahahaha!!! Dude I'd be so pissed off lol. Fucking Dime lol. That's hilarious.

It was a brilliant set up. Just keeping Scott awake all night when he had work to do the next day was a win, but sucking him in with such a story is brilliant. Scott even reckons that he was shitting himself because the 911 operator knew he was making a prank call, knew where he was staying and would arrest him. If that part is also true Dime didn't just screw with him he completely mindfucked him.

I must respectfully disagree with that :). I liked the first two BLS albums. They lost me after that.

Yeah but you internet guitarist are all the same, "he plays too much wah wah", "he doesn't play technical enough", "he's a show off" :p

The dude thinks he's a fucking viking and walks around in a fucking kilt, which I don't think vikings wore. He mainlines the worlds strongest coffee and plays with Evel Kinevil and Betty White dolls while listening to metal. The dude is hilarious,

Besides I've seen Anthrax three times (I think) and they haven't been great since before 2000. I've never seen Zakk but his live shows on YT blow Anthrax off the stage, even when he spends half the time showboating

Reactions: redfly
It definitely seems that way. He started doing the betting thing around 2006/7 as a rank amateur and no idea how to play. They signed him after his first tournament not because he could play well but because he seemed to hold his own. Then as he got more tournaments under his belt he started to become known and Ubet were happy to keep paying him. Then as other commitments took over he pushed the online thing a lot more, they paid for pro lessons, then it was fly by night jaunts between gigs and tournaments. Then it was big wins of tens of thousands which he got to keep and an actual demand for him to play. Then the band seemingly split apart and him and Charlie were the only members according to Scott, but gambling was still there.

As I said he never mentions that he had an addiction, and he didn't mention things like sweaty palms when he couldn't get his fix, or not sleeping etc, but the way he talks about it are tell tales signs of addiction. And lets face it if a betting company is willing to give you a $10K buy in and everything you win is yours to keep, but if you loose you owe nothing, who wouldn't get addicted. Maybe a thinking person would ask how a betting agency could afford to pay him and 15 other players to do that while letting them keep the winnings, but free money makes people do silly things.
Yeah I can't blame him on those points. He was probably making more in those couple years. And it sounds like he was being treated the way he always thought he should be :D. But it definitely sounds like an addiction. And one that's ruined a lot of lives. But to not be able to get the band going either in part or in whole because of it is crazy.

Yeah but you internet guitarist are all the same, "he plays too much wah wah", "he doesn't play technical enough", "he's a show off" :p

The dude thinks he's a fucking viking and walks around in a fucking kilt, which I don't think vikings wore. He mainlines the worlds strongest coffee and plays with Evel Kinevil and Betty White dolls while listening to metal. The dude is hilarious,

Besides I've seen Anthrax three times (I think) and they haven't been great since before 2000. I've never seen Zakk but his live shows on YT blow Anthrax off the stage, even when he spends half the time showboating
Haha. Well I don't think he's a show off. I think he's repetitive as hell. Just blazes that pentatonic over and over. I don't have anything against him or his band though. I always liked him in Ozzy, (although towards the end I felt like he was butchering the old stuff with way too many pinch harmonics) and like I said I liked the first two BLS. They just seemed to get less heavy and more radio after that too me.
No comment on blowing Anthrax off the stage though! :)

Yeah I can't blame him on those points. He was probably making more in those couple years. And it sounds like he was being treated the way he always thought he should be :D. But it definitely sounds like an addiction. And one that's ruined a lot of lives. But to not be able to get the band going either in part or in whole because of it is crazy.

He never says how much he actually won, but he drops figures on a few tournaments and talks about the money that was moving around during bets so it's not too far fetched to assume that it's a substantial figure he came away with. He also claims he was warned months before to take his money out of the accounts and put it elsewhere, not why he should do it, just that he should and therefore he didn't loose it when the Gov froze Ubets assets.

Scott had God mode turned on? :)

It sounds like the band was sort of an immovable thing. Maybe Charlie stepped up, maybe management stepped up, he doesn't clearly state what happened just that there was issues. I knew they were having disagreements and arguments but I never knew there was a point where him and Charlie were the only members.

Haha. Well I don't think he's a show off. I think he's repetitive as hell. Just blazes that pentatonic over and over. I don't have anything against him or his band though. I always liked him in Ozzy, (although towards the end I felt like he was butchering the old stuff with way too many pinch harmonics) and like I said I liked the first two BLS. They just seemed to get less heavy and more radio after that too me.
No comment on blowing Anthrax off the stage though! :)

See, there you go with your guitarist jargon again just trying to bring the viking dude down :p
The viking wont be brought down!
Both him and Scott wrote a song for Dime and Zakk's is better too :p

He never says how much he actually won, but he drops figures on a few tournaments and talks about the money that was moving around during bets so it's not too far fetched to assume that it's a substantial figure he came away with. He also claims he was warned months before to take his money out of the accounts and put it elsewhere, not why he should do it, just that he should and therefore he didn't loose it when the Gov froze Ubets assets.

Scott had God mode turned on? :)

It sounds like the band was sort of an immovable thing. Maybe Charlie stepped up, maybe management stepped up, he doesn't clearly state what happened just that there was issues. I knew they were having disagreements and arguments but I never knew there was a point where him and Charlie were the only members.
That must have been when Frankie joined Helmet? I guess Danny would have been gone already. But I thought they still had Bush and the other guitar player. I didn't know it was down to those two either.

He must have been making some good money. I think AMC was carrying the gambling show for a while and I think he was on it. TV usually pays good and that would have been on top of his winnings. He got lucky pulling that money out!

Reactions: Slammed
See, there you go with your guitarist jargon again just trying to bring the viking dude down :p
The viking wont be brought down!
Both him and Scott wrote a song for Dime and Zakk's is better too :p
Haha! Oops.
I don't doubt at all that Zakk's is better. I can't take away that he does know how to build a song. Oh wait. Are you talking about that sappy song? Man I hated that song lol. And the video. I thought it was off writing a tribute to a guy that was always so on the go and full of life with a such a downer off a song. And then the video off the two off them being played by kids. I thought the other kid should have been Vinny. Not Zakk. But other than that he knows how to write a song, they just aren't all my cup of tea.

Reactions: Slammed