The what's going on in Thrash thread

Well now I did one lol. I left my guitar resting with the back up against my couch. I wake up and go to play and the volume knob is completely frozen. Like it's been crushed into the threads or as if it had been super glued. I can't turn it at all. So now all of my guitars have something wrong with them :cry:. I just can't imagine what could have happened while I was sleeping. It seems impossible.

Do you sleep walk?
Battle scars are good, all you have to do is make up a story to suit the scar, or of course you could fix the scar but where is the fun in that!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They do seem like dicks.

:lol:

It's a requirement for all reality shows I believe.

And some musicians. Honestly Scott does come across as a fan in many stories, a guy who has his idols and like many others in this world gets nervous when he sees them, or even does silly things like screaming loudly to their songs in car. But then just sometimes he seems to revel in being a complete and utter dick.

The well told story about breaking into Kirk's place doesn't come of as funny, the entire two bands (ex Kirk) come off looking like disrespectful dickheads. The way he talks about Madonna makes him sound like a horny sleeze. There is some decent stories in the book, but while most of them start decent it seems like half of them take a turn. It's like he wants to be 50% dick.

There does seem to be one big connection that I've never seen him, or the band admit to. A heavy reliance on alcohol brought them down. So many of the dick things Scott talks about seem to have happened after POT and into the 00's, the only shining light of that time seems to be SOWN. I've heard them blame personal differences etc for the Anthrax/Joey split, and I don't know if Joey was as heavy a drinker and Scott, Frank and possibly the rest of the band became, but all those shitty things, all the dick moves, all the arrogant attitude seems to be to have started about the time Scott admits to heavily drinking every day.

Do you sleep walk?
Battle scars are good, all you have to do is make up a story to suit the scar, or of course you could fix the scar but where is the fun in that!
Hahaha, nope. Even if I did I can't see what I could have done to it without screwing something else up. My dad and I got it going again though. Wd40 is king. It is very weird though. I went to bed and it was fine, wake up and it's frozen solid. Weird as hell. This thing is old, it's got plenty of battle scars! Scars are okay, it's being inoperable that is unacceptable! :D

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
It's a requirement for all reality shows I believe.

And some musicians. Honestly Scott does come across as a fan in many stories, a guy who has his idols and like many others in this world gets nervous when he sees them, or even does silly things like screaming loudly to their songs in car. But then just sometimes he seems to revel in being a complete and utter dick.

The well told story about breaking into Kirk's place doesn't come of as funny, the entire two bands (ex Kirk) come off looking like disrespectful dickheads. The way he talks about Madonna makes him sound like a horny sleeze. There is some decent stories in the book, but while most of them start decent it seems like half of them take a turn. It's like he wants to be 50% dick.

There does seem to be one big connection that I've never seen him, or the band admit to. A heavy reliance on alcohol brought them down. So many of the dick things Scott talks about seem to have happened after POT and into the 00's, the only shining light of that time seems to be SOWN. I've heard them blame personal differences etc for the Anthrax/Joey split, and I don't know if Joey was as heavy a drinker and Scott, Frank and possibly the rest of the band became, but all those shitty things, all the dick moves, all the arrogant attitude seems to be to have started about the time Scott admits to heavily drinking every day.
I did read his book..does he have just the one? But it was many years ago and I don't remember all that much. I don't remember anything about heavy drinking and Anthrax. In the book or outside of it really. But I know too much drinking can really change someone for the worse. And with some people even light drinking.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Hahaha, nope. Even if I did I can't see what I could have done to it without screwing something else up. My dad and I got it going again though. Wd40 is king. It is very weird though. I went to bed and it was fine, wake up and it's frozen solid. Weird as hell. This thing is old, it's got plenty of battle scars! Scars are okay, it's being inoperable that is unacceptable! :D

I can't believe how much crap the WD40 brand name is associated with now days. We've always got it for nothing from Dad's, work, my brother's work, etc. But I was looking at something on the web the other day and WD40 came up and there is about 40 products in the range now.

I did read his book..does he have just the one? But it was many years ago and I don't remember all that much. I don't remember anything about heavy drinking and Anthrax. In the book or outside of it really. But I know too much drinking can really change someone for the worse. And with some people even light drinking.

He's got two, I think the first one was "I'm The Man" and the second one was released about 2018-9 as he pushed those Spoken Word shows. It's pretty much a collection of the stories he'd tell on stage. called Access All Areas.

Every story he tells from about 91 to the mid 00's involves him being either drunk, hung over or drinking. Many of them talk about the band, sometimes naming Frankie and Charlie, but more often naming people outside the band like the guy from Ministry or even guys not in the music scene. Stories of drink driving, drinking with Madonna, drinking back stage with Jim Rose Circus while watching acts of debauchery. Drinking may not be the theme of every story but it seems to be mentioned. I don't remember too many of these stories being in the media, and I don't remember the band being associated with drinking, but his time line puts it immediately before sacking Joey and through the Bush era.

Then there is the gambling era. I know there has been plenty of people try to state he knew what was going on and was part of the scam, but he could have easily been naive. I have no idea so I wont comment, but what I will say is that from an outsider reading his words his gambling began another downfall of Anthrax. He doesn't admit to having a gambling problem (so many of us never did until we stopped) but he talks about how he was pushing 40 hours a week gambling online, then on tour he'd push 80 hours, he'd be playing hands during soundcheck, where he couldn't play the hand he'd be telling his techs which hands to play. When the Gov. finally took down the gambling mob he wasn't just playing online he was flying around the country playing poker then flying to gigs and walking on stage half dead, only to get off stage and fly to another poker game. In not quite as many words he even admits to having the metal and poker gods align his schedule. He might not have been gambling his own money but he was definitely an addict with the rest of his life taking a back seat. He mentions how much of a struggle it was during the recording of WCFYA to make recording fit in with his gambling and how the Gov. closure couldn't have come at a worse time because they were trying to negotiate Joey's return.

The best bit in the book is when the studio got flooded during the recording of SOWN, (not the flooding bit), he mentioned about how his initial thoughts were that they couldn't afford such issues which would slow the recording of the record down and make them loose the momentum between albums. Just as well they haven't had such issues since :)

The one real bug bear of the book is his constant referral to "my lady". My lady did this. My Lady's band. My lady was... I don't know if he's used the term lady so as not to use the term woman and sound like a complete moron, but he does it nearly ever time he refers to Pearl like she doesn't have a name worth mentioning.

Apparently Dimebag was catchin' a nut when he heard Stomp442.
Not sure if that means his zipper got to close or what!

SCOTT: Hey Dime! What’s going on, man?

DARRELL: Did I wake ya?

SCOTT: No, I’m actually just going to bed. It’s all good, man. What’s up?

DARRELL: I got that tape you sent of the record. You got some killin’ motherfuckin’ tunes on this album. Man, I’m catchin’ a nut! I got the whole crew over here at the house, and we’ve been crankin’ it over and over again. Record sounds great! Songs are great! Fuckin’ killer, man. I fuckin’ love it! Hope I get to jam some of this shit live with you motherfuckers when you come down here. Just wanted to tell you thanks so much for havin’ me.

He's got two, I think the first one was "I'm The Man" and the second one was released about 2018-9 as he pushed those Spoken Word shows. It's pretty much a collection of the stories he'd tell on stage. called Access All Areas.

Every story he tells from about 91 to the mid 00's involves him being either drunk, hung over or drinking. Many of them talk about the band, sometimes naming Frankie and Charlie, but more often naming people outside the band like the guy from Ministry or even guys not in the music scene. Stories of drink driving, drinking with Madonna, drinking back stage with Jim Rose Circus while watching acts of debauchery. Drinking may not be the theme of every story but it seems to be mentioned. I don't remember too many of these stories being in the media, and I don't remember the band being associated with drinking, but his time line puts it immediately before sacking Joey and through the Bush era.

Then there is the gambling era. I know there has been plenty of people try to state he knew what was going on and was part of the scam, but he could have easily been naive. I have no idea so I wont comment, but what I will say is that from an outsider reading his words his gambling began another downfall of Anthrax. He doesn't admit to having a gambling problem (so many of us never did until we stopped) but he talks about how he was pushing 40 hours a week gambling online, then on tour he'd push 80 hours, he'd be playing hands during soundcheck, where he couldn't play the hand he'd be telling his techs which hands to play. When the Gov. finally took down the gambling mob he wasn't just playing online he was flying around the country playing poker then flying to gigs and walking on stage half dead, only to get off stage and fly to another poker game. In not quite as many words he even admits to having the metal and poker gods align his schedule. He might not have been gambling his own money but he was definitely an addict with the rest of his life taking a back seat. He mentions how much of a struggle it was during the recording of WCFYA to make recording fit in with his gambling and how the Gov. closure couldn't have come at a worse time because they were trying to negotiate Joey's return.

The best bit in the book is when the studio got flooded during the recording of SOWN, (not the flooding bit), he mentioned about how his initial thoughts were that they couldn't afford such issues which would slow the recording of the record down and make them loose the momentum between albums. Just as well they haven't had such issues since :)

The one real bug bear of the book is his constant referral to "my lady". My lady did this. My Lady's band. My lady was... I don't know if he's used the term lady so as not to use the term woman and sound like a complete moron, but he does it nearly ever time he refers to Pearl like she doesn't have a name worth mentioning.
Wow. It is definitely I'm The Man that I read. I didn't know about any of that stuff. It sure sounds like he had a big freakin gambling addiction. What the hell does the Govt taking down the gambling have to do with Joey negotiations?
That's hilarious that he was worried about losing momentum in between albums! Dude!
My lady this, my lady that. I hope someone slapped him. That would get seriously annoying.

Apparently Dimebag was catchin' a nut when he heard Stomp442.
Not sure if that means his zipper got to close or what!

SCOTT: Hey Dime! What’s going on, man?

DARRELL: Did I wake ya?

SCOTT: No, I’m actually just going to bed. It’s all good, man. What’s up?

DARRELL: I got that tape you sent of the record. You got some killin’ motherfuckin’ tunes on this album. Man, I’m catchin’ a nut! I got the whole crew over here at the house, and we’ve been crankin’ it over and over again. Record sounds great! Songs are great! Fuckin’ killer, man. I fuckin’ love it! Hope I get to jam some of this shit live with you motherfuckers when you come down here. Just wanted to tell you thanks so much for havin’ me.
It's so funny when people become friends. They lose all objectivity. That album sucks.Bad. And so do Dimes solos on it from what I can remember of them.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
You should all go to the shop Pawn Stars is filmed at, I don't watch the show but I would if you were on it!

Never been to the shop in Vegas but I drove by it a few times. It became another tourist trap on the strip, haha. I did visit some of the small shops that the Pawn Stars call in as their experts. I think the owner of Moon Dog Records used to get the call for anything regarding vintage vinyl. The tool that owned Cow Town Guitars used to get the call for anything guitar related, and I forget the name of the shop, but I visited the store owned by their vintage toy expert.

Before Moon Dog Records moved across town I used to visit about once a month or so. Prices were a little high but he had some good stuff. Bought some Flotsam and Jetsam and Overkill vinyl from there.

I don't remember too many of these stories being in the media, and I don't remember the band being associated with drinking, but his time line puts it immediately before sacking Joey and through the Bush era.

Do you think they any of them are true? If he was drinking that frequently how much does he really remember from that period?

When I started my career as a teacher I worked with a guy near the end of his career who claimed he was at Woodstock. I believed him because he said he took so many drugs that he didn't really remember much about it. :lol::kickass:

anthraxsummertour.jpg

Not too excited about Hatebreed or Black Label Society, but it comes nowhere near me so I won't let that bother me too much. Curious that it skips both New York City and Chicago but there are dates for the urban metropolis of Oshkosh Wisconisin and the slum of Gary, Indiana.

Wow. It is definitely I'm The Man that I read. I didn't know about any of that stuff. It sure sounds like he had a big freakin gambling addiction. What the hell does the Govt taking down the gambling have to do with Joey negotiations?
That's hilarious that he was worried about losing momentum in between albums! Dude!
My lady this, my lady that. I hope someone slapped him. That would get seriously annoying.

The Gov taking down Ubet wasn't connected to Joey, it was the time line. He was stressed out with all the Joey re-signing negotiation and in his words the idea that that his band only had two members, him and Charile, then Ubet being shut down and him possibly loosing money happened at the same time. He seems to hint at the Joey re-sign did not go easy and the shut down of his gambling added major stress to the situation. Sounds a bit to me like an addict getting his source cut off and worried he wont be able to get his next hit so every other problem becomes a major deal too.

Reactions: redfly
It's so funny when people become friends. They lose all objectivity. That album sucks.Bad. And so do Dimes solos on it from what I can remember of them.

It gets even better than that. The Dime/Scott conversation continued, I just hadn't read it all at the time.

So Scott and Bush are in a hotel in NYC or something and Scott's just about to go to bed when the phone rings. It's Dime telling him how much he likes the album. Then Scott hears a fucking commotion on the other end of the phone and asks what is going on, figuring Dime's having another party. Dime says "it's your mate Sebastian Bach," he then explains Sebbie and others were partying down town so they all came back to Dime's place for more but everyone left any it's only Sebbie.

Next thing Scott hears Sebbie screaming at the top of his lungs. "I'm Sebastian Bach motherfucker. I used to be important. I wrote I Remember You motherfucker but now all people care about is bands like Slayer, Anthrax and fucking Pantera." Dime tells Scott Sebbie had some coke and is on a major downer. Next thing there is a loud smash and Dime tell him he has to go. Scott puts down the phone worried but figuring Dime know what he's doing and he'll ring in the morning.

30 minutes later just as Scott falls asleep the phone rings again. "He threw a fucking bottle through my KISS pinball machine and set the smoke machine off. The house is full of smoke." Scott tries to be helpful but Dime says it's okay and hangs up again.

Another 30 minutes and Scott's phone rings again. "He's running around the back yard screaming 'I'm Sebastain Bach motherfucker. He's chasing my goat around the pool. What if he falls in? Have you ever tried to rescue a fucking goat from a pool?"
Scott tells him he'll ring the cops and say he's a neighbour complaining about noise because Dime's neighbours apparently weren't often happy with Dime and his parties. Dime tells him no cops it would disrespectful to him friend.

Scott eventually goes back to bed then 30 minutes later, "I'm hiding in my closet under a big pile of clothes, he'll never find me."
Scott tells him he can't hide in his own house, he needs the cops. Dime again says no. Next thing "I found you motherfucker." and the line goes dead again.

Scott decides to ring 911 but of course they can tell his neighbour claim is bullshit given Dime's house is in Texas and he's calling from NYC or where ever he was.

5am and Scott's had almost no sleep and Dime rings again telling him it's okay he's got Sebbie calmed down and listening to KISS records. He then asks Scott if he knows the lead singer of Drowning Pool, Dave something. Scott says they've met a few times but they don't know each other too well. Dime tells him Dave is there and wants to say hit. Scott's surprised someone else was there for the whole time, but talks to Dave for a few minutes. Then next second he hears "I'm Sebastian Bach motherfucker!"

A tired Scott thinks, oh no not again. It goes on for a few minutes and Dave and Dime take times telling Scott what is going on.

Dime then gets on the phone again, they chat for a few minutes about Sebbie on a bender and how Dave's watching him tell no body who is and how important he was. Then Dime says "did you know Dave does a near perfect impersonation of your mate Sebastian?"

Scott finally realises it's a set up and asks why and Dime responds with, "I asked Dave if he could do his Sebastian act because I wanted to ring you can keep you awake all night with phone calls!"

Score 1 Dime!!

Never been to the shop in Vegas but I drove by it a few times. It became another tourist trap on the strip, haha. I did visit some of the small shops that the Pawn Stars call in as their experts. I think the owner of Moon Dog Records used to get the call for anything regarding vintage vinyl. The tool that owned Cow Town Guitars used to get the call for anything guitar related, and I forget the name of the shop, but I visited the store owned by their vintage toy expert.

Before Moon Dog Records moved across town I used to visit about once a month or so. Prices were a little high but he had some good stuff. Bought some Flotsam and Jetsam and Overkill vinyl from there.

It takes a certain person to agree to do a reality show. It's no doubt worth a bucket load of money to them but it seems like all of them have to become dickheads just to make enough drama to keep the shows going. I'm sure some of these people are dickheads to begin with, but being on tv and trying to keep people tuning in makes them even worse.

The one that annoyed me was those pickers guys, my wife used to watch American Pickers I think it was, and while I don't know second hand prices in America that well it's still easy to see they were ripping people off when some 90 year old parts with something he's had all his life for a 'great deal' of $50 and they claim to sell it in the shop for $300. I realise the sob story probably isn't entirely true and there is also no evidence what they paid or sold it for. But fake or not the finished edit shows they clearly rip people off time and time again, yet they still have a show.

Do you think they any of them are true? If he was drinking that frequently how much does he really remember from that period?

When I started my career as a teacher I worked with a guy near the end of his career who claimed he was at Woodstock. I believed him because he said he took so many drugs that he didn't really remember much about it. :lol::kickass:

Probably as true as any other rock stars stories. I know the story about breaking into Kirk's house has been spoken about by most people involved and some of the other stories like his Madonna stories would be easy to debunk if the basic details weren't true.

I have no doubt many a rockstar's story would be embellished with age but Scott's stories don't seem to be entire bullshit. Apart from the speeding while drunk out of their mind in Al Jorgeson's (or whatever) car none of the stories are illegal or immoral. The Jim Rose circus one is a little sick, but Jim Rose is a lot fucking sick so I'd believe just about anything with that guy. His book doesn't read like Paul DiAnno's or even worse like David Lee Roth's where Dave pretty much admits to inventing everything including the word itself.