The what's going on in Thrash thread

AK's 28th wedding anniversary today.
He shared on FB so I figured I's share too, congrats AK

New Kreator is interesting. I can see plenty of people not liking the new direction.
Is that the first single for the new album? Interesting choice for a song release to tease the album. They have been using the melodies and harmonies for a while so this isn't too surprising. The female vocals are a bit unexpected. Whats up with that video? It looks like something I might come up with during a fever dream after binging a season of Vikings! :lol:

Reactions: Slammed
Second single, the first one was Strongest Of The Strong. It wasn't quite as heavy as older Kreator but still pretty powerful, maybe even slower.
Yeah I agree the female vocals was a bit of a surprise. I think they have incorporated her singing well though.
I think, although not totally sure, this video and the theme throughout the album is how much humans can be shitty to each others. The first song was about overcoming hate and evil. Not sure why we've moved to the medieval world though.

Reactions: zerostatic
I always look forward to new Kreator. I thought the choice of Satan is Real as one of the singles to promote the last album was a poor choice. For me that album's best songs are on the back half of the album from Hail to Hordes through Side by Side.

Yeah I do too. Millie really knows how deliver thrash. I agree Satan Is Real wasn't the best choice, it kind of felt like it was chosen because the title might have been controversial rather than because of the strength of the song. He's made some mistakes over the years but in general 40 odd years of such a power house band hasn't been a let down.

Germany has some brilliant thrash acts. I've been looking at a few this week, one that did catch my ears and I will look into further is Skeleton Pit.

Second single, the first one was Strongest Of The Strong. It wasn't quite as heavy as older Kreator but still pretty powerful, maybe even slower.

I got that wrong and I don't know why. They released the title track of the album back in February.

Title track: Hate Über Alles

Second single: Strongest Of The Strong

Third single: Midnight Sun

Album due June 10. (guess what my daughter is getting for her birthday :) )

Track listing
1. "Sergio Corbucci Is Dead"
2. "Hate Über Alles"
3. "Killer of Jesus"
4. "Crush the Tyrants"
5. "Strongest of the Strong"
6. "Become Immortal"
7. "Conquer and Destroy"
8. "Midnight Sun"
9. "Demonic Future"
10. "Pride Comes Before the Fall"
11. "Dying Planet"

Hey @zerostatic
Did you check out the band Fatal Embrace that popped up on Thrashmania a few weeks back?
They are German, been around since '93 and sound pretty good if you looking for something new/old to listen too.

They've got about 6 albums and are still active. Not sure how the other albums stack up but the one on Thrashmania sounded okay.

Added a couple of their albums on Spotify.
Did a mini german thrash marathon today and listened to the following:
Destruction - Diabolical
Exumer - Possessed by Fire
Kreator - Gods of Violence - Better than I remember it being. World War Now and Gods of Violence are bangers! :kickass:

You could be there forever doing a German thrash marathon. Not all of them are great but some of the bands I've found over the last few year have been going 30+ years and I've never heard of them.

I was listening to the Kreator compilation from Metal Hammer which was released last week. I guess it was a disc they put on on a recent cover of Metal Hammer mag or something, I don't really know, but in the inclusion of Satan Is Real reminded me just how great that song really is!! :eek:

Since we just watch the thread now here's something to actually watch :p
COC from 2 months ago

They've got about 6 albums and are still active. Not sure how the other albums stack up but the one on Thrashmania sounded okay

Listening to Slaughter to Survive! :kickass:

Never been big on COC but I will give it a listen.

Speaking of live music...I have my first live metal show in over 2 years coming up next week. Coroner, Vio-lence, and Exciter at a small club. Need to look into getting ear protection before then, haha. Maybe I am getting too old for metal shows, I am starting to feel some anxiety and apprehension about going out and possibly being maskless with a group of sweaty metal heads in a small area with poor ventilation.

Listening to Slaughter to Survive! :kickass:

Slaughter To Survive is pretty good. They've got an interesting span across their catalogue. They are distinctively German and have been from the early days but I don't think they were as fast in their early years. They've always had a strong thrash vibe and I think they've gotten heavier with time, so much so that they sound closer to classic Kreator on their last album.

Speaking of live music...I have my first live metal show in over 2 years coming up next week. Coroner, Vio-lence, and Exciter at a small club. Need to look into getting ear protection before then, haha. Maybe I am getting too old for metal shows, I am starting to feel some anxiety and apprehension about going out and possibly being maskless with a group of sweaty metal heads in a small area with poor ventilation.

Do you reckon Coroner can cut it these days? I haven't seem them do anything live in years but I also have mixed feelings about their albums. I don't hate them but I seem to like only a few songs off each album when I do go back and listen to them.

I'm still a bit hopeful for Vio-lence but it does seem like they are struggling, still if they can play some of the original classics it should be a good show. As for Exciter I didn't even know they are still playing, it must be 10 years since they had an album.

Do you want a walking cane with those earplugs and mask? :) To be honest I don't blame you. A long time ago I came to the realisation that no band is worth loosing my hearing for. Maybe I should have been a little more keen to think that in my younger years, but we all live and learn. As for the mask I'd be mixed about needing one. Having spent the last week isolating with my daughter because my she brought covid home from school. I haven't been wearing a mask, I took her through the drive through test, I've spent plenty of time in the same room, and on day 5 I still haven't caught it. But I'm not silly (despite popular opinion :p ) I know me not catching it is luck more than anything else.

I haven't looked for it yet but Kenn Nardi says that he has released the live Anacrusis show from 2019 free to stream.

Gotta start living your life again, right?

I need to pre-order the municipal waste. Hope they play a show near me this year! :kickass:

Not sure what to expect as far as performances from Coroner, Vio-lence and Exciter, but expect a full report next week. :headbang:

Did you see the news story about Hetfield 'breaking down' before a crowd in South America saying he isn't sure how much longer he can keep playing metal at a high level?

I'm prepared to start living my life, but at the same time I'm also prepared to not be overly stupid about things. I go out nearly every morning at 4am and ride a bike around the streets until the sun comes up. Given the way some people drive I'm probably more at risk doing that than any bug, but I'll still take precautions where I see fit.

I can pre-order MW and a shirt locally so I found out today, the only bummer is the shirts are all small sizes.

Yeah I did see that. I suppose it would be easy to say he hasn't played at a high level for years, but at the same time the guy is nearly 60 years old and there is no doubt that hitting the stage like they do every night would take it's toll. I do wonder how Lars feels given that it wasn't that long ago he was saying he reckoned Metallica could go on until he was 80, or words to that effect.

Ooohh Tankard have a new album coming to celebrate their 40th year. Dues Sept 30

46132-1.jpg

Title: Pavlov's Dawgs
Track listing
01. Pavlov's Dawg
02. Ex-Fluencer
03. Beerbarians
04. Diary of a Nihilist
05. Veins of Terra
06. Momento
07. Metal Cash Mashine
08. Dark Self Intruder
09. Lockdown Forever