The what's going on in Thrash thread

I
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/la...s-maybe-not-the-smartest-pr-move-of-all-time/

Larz made a bad PR move...I don't believe it!! I also don't believe he's still bringing it up.

I don't blame any band or business for trying to protect their IP, it's important that people's work is protected but to me it was never about Larz wanting to stop Napster or downloading of music, it was about his stance that no one should get his shit for nothing. It was okay for him to run a bottlegging operation selling and trading tapes when he was a kid because that was 'sharing' music and making the scene bigger, but when someone shared his stuff he got all shitty. Perhaps he should use the millions he's earned to pay back all the bands he traded off as a teenager.
Let's just let it go already lol

Reactions: Slammed
I

Let's just let it go already lol

Lars has been in the news a lot lately. I know they are on tour and doing interviews but there must be 6 different stories with Lars in them on the first few pages of Blabber right now.

For anyone that hasn't got into Destruction before they released Thrash Anthems II yesterday. I doubt I'll get it given that it's just old songs rerecorded but Thrash Anthems I and II are a good introduction to what are one of the top 4 German thrash bands.

Reactions: Neptune
I liked some of Faith No More's songs but no matter who was in the band I never really liked the players. From Angel Dust onwards I'm not sure I liked anything.

Just looking down the new release list for the coming weeks.

Both Maiden and Sabbath have their live albums coming out next week. Probably wont get Sabbath but if I can preview a copy of Maiden I might get it, not overly fussed on their live stuff these days though.

Cavalera Conspiracy is next week which I might get.

Testament re-releases are next week.

Morbid Angel in three weeks.

I can only see it listed in one place so far but in 2 weeks and American label named Hell's Headbangers is releasing Armoured Angel's Mysterium EP for $13.33. It also appears they have other AA titles available. Armoured Angel were one of the best thrash/speed metal bands this country ever saw. Their live shows were killers, always came home with a sore neck, and they pretty much created the thrash/speed metal scene in this country. If I didn't already own their stuff I'd be buying it now because I don't think it's available in Australia and I doubt they will ever reform now.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Even if you don't like them it's a good thing to spread aussie metal because our metal is better! :)

Reactions: redfly
I'm not telling. If I never put a yardstick on the statement you can never prove it wrong. :p

Reactions: redfly