The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah it's been known for ages but it's funny because Jnr is again on the "it's not all Snr's fault" bandwagon.

It's also proof of how the media cycles work though. Have a look at all the news articles coming out now from Australia print and media outlets. Bands touring here for the next few months avoiding the northern hemisphere winter are hitting the media outlets and some of the stuff is making headlines worldwide but what isn't will be newsworthy in six months when the bands head home and northern hemisphere radio shows and stuff ask the same questions because they haven't seen these bands since the news broke.
I don't think there was ever any controversy over this. It went exactly the way they said it would probably go.

Even Full Metal Jackie is asking Dave about Chris.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...deth-album-its-going-to-be-a-kick-ass-record/

The interview was done 20 days ago and is only now making the Rag feeds but the guts of the news talked about is still several years old, including the headline which Dave claimed five minutes after Dystopia was released. Until he's got more than 500 riffs ready to go then I'm not sure he can claim the next album's worth anyway.
I think it's gonna be really good.

Teamrock?

I dunno, it popped up on FB and I read it. Clickbait is fun to read sometimes. No one cares if it's right or wrong but looking at lists and comparing how your own list would compare is interesting.

For instance a list like this one might have zero value in the real world but with only two albums on the list I don't own I'm inclined to go and have a listen to those albums on YT. I might not like them, there might be a good reason they aren't in my collection, but they might also be bloody good albums that are worth buying.

Reactions: redfly
I think it's gonna be really good.

Wish I could be that positive. Megadeth has been so hit and miss for the last fifteen years. I'll no doubt buy it, I'll no doubt listen to it but at the end of the day I'm waiting more for a new Angra album with Kiko, one that may never come, than I am a new Megadeth album with him on it.

Reactions: redfly
I still haven't heard the new Annihilator but here's Jeff again saying he went back to his roots.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/je...t-eight-years-for-new-album-for-the-demented/
If the few singles I've heard are indicative of the whole album I still don't hear these roots but then again in the opening paragraph he suggests Metallica went back for Death Magnetic so maybe he's talking about those roots differently to what I would expect.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I dunno, it popped up on FB and I read it. Clickbait is fun to read sometimes. No one cares if it's right or wrong but looking at lists and comparing how your own list would compare is interesting.

For instance a list like this one might have zero value in the real world but with only two albums on the list I don't own I'm inclined to go and have a listen to those albums on YT. I might not like them, there might be a good reason they aren't in my collection, but they might also be bloody good albums that are worth buying.
Well I'm just missing out by not having FB huh?!! :yell::D

Wish I could be that positive. Megadeth has been so hit and miss for the last fifteen years. I'll no doubt buy it, I'll no doubt listen to it but at the end of the day I'm waiting more for a new Angra album with Kiko, one that may never come, than I am a new Megadeth album with him on it.
Three things are helping me think this will be good. The reception for Dystopia, the fact that he still has new blood by established players and the fact that Dave does hos best stuff when he tries to compete with Metallica. Maybe not the beat em up competition of the past. But maybe a bit friendlier sort of competition.
I've never listened to Angra, just the look of the singer made me think I wouldn't like it lol

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I still haven't heard the new Annihilator but here's Jeff again saying he went back to his roots.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/je...t-eight-years-for-new-album-for-the-demented/
If the few singles I've heard are indicative of the whole album I still don't hear these roots but then again in the opening paragraph he suggests Metallica went back for Death Magnetic so maybe he's talking about those roots differently to what I would expect.
Yeah I read that. I'm not exactly sure what he was getting at except that a lot of people seem to hate ST Anger.

Reactions: Slammed
Three things are helping me think this will be good. The reception for Dystopia, the fact that he still has new blood by established players and the fact that Dave does hos best stuff when he tries to compete with Metallica. Maybe not the beat em up competition of the past. But maybe a bit friendlier sort of competition.
I've never listened to Angra, just the look of the singer made me think I wouldn't like it lol

By the time he gets around to it he wont be in and sort of competition with Metallica though Hardwired will be at least 18 months old, probably closer to two years give that Dave's suggesting studio time is in the new year. Despite all Kirk's monster riff's they have to be at least 18 months away from another release. I'll listen with open ears but I won't be surprised if it's not top notch.

If you just listen to bands you don't need to worry how they look...or maybe you could get a blindfold.

Yeah I read that. I'm not exactly sure what he was getting at except that a lot of people seem to hate ST Anger.

I'm starting to prefer St Anger to Annihilator, but like I say I haven't listened to the new one yet.

By the time he gets around to it he wont be in and sort of competition with Metallica though Hardwired will be at least 18 months old, probably closer to two years give that Dave's suggesting studio time is in the new year. Despite all Kirk's monster riff's they have to be at least 18 months away from another release. I'll listen with open ears but I won't be surprised if it's not top notch.

If you just listen to bands you don't need to worry how they look...or maybe you could get a blindfold.
I don't mean compete in sales in any way. I just mean he'll make sure everything is perfect...to his ears.

Why not? Picking music that way has served me very well over the years. If you look like a cheeser you probably sing like one two.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I can understand him wanting it perfect in his ears, I guess all musos want that, but I reckon he's got rocks in his head if he even thinks about Metallica during the process. While Metallica keep on the path they are, and I don't hate that path, I think anything Dave creates will be better than Metallica do, even with Kirk's 500 riffs.

Wankers and ugly people can sing too. I prefer to let the music speak for itself before the ugliness of the band.