The what's going on in Thrash thread

Metallica have always played it slower than Queen, but Freddy used to play it a lot slower back in the 60's before he was a part of Queen so it's not really a Metallica thing.

Reactions: Neptune
Metallica are getting old, slowness might not be a conscious thing.

I actually haven't heard Metallica do the song for a while and I do prefer the Queen version.

Reactions: redfly
I think it likely do to drive. I honestly don't like the Queen version that much. But I also heard Metallica's version first so that might have something to do with it. But I'm also not a huge Queen fan. I'm more a song picker with them.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Queen's version is definitely different and had it not been for the pace of the song I doubt it would be as popular among metal bands.

I like Queen, I have most of their albums and still count them as once of my favourite bands but their later stuff is definitely more enjoyable. Made In Heaven (Freddie and co definitely knew he was dying when they wrote the lyrics on that album) was the first album I got which was created in full surround sound and the music is just so full and in your face, it's brilliant.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
That is insanley old news lol

It's old news delivered different. It's all part of Jnr's never ending quest, a country by country interview series where he debunks the Mega-theories world wide. By the time the next tour is over he plans to have every radio station and magazine convinced that not every fan hated decision was a result of Snr's ego. However expect things to be on hold when he has a new coffee to release.

How's he gotten so many already if he couldn't get even one ready for Hardwired?

Wasn't it before Hardwired that Kirk's phone got stolen/lost making him lose all his good ideas for that album?

If he truly has got 500 new ideas I expect him to report his iPad/phone/laptop/cloud/notepad stolen just before they hit the studio for the next album.

Annihilator day.
I didn't even bother looking for it at the shops this morning, I've got RAM, which is also released today coming in the mail soon but I figured I'd wait until someone else bought Annihilator before I jumped.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It's old news delivered different. It's all part of Jnr's never ending quest, a country by country interview series where he debunks the Mega-theories world wide. By the time the next tour is over he plans to have every radio station and magazine convinced that not every fan hated decision was a result of Snr's ego. However expect things to be on hold when he has a new coffee to release.
No it's literally what I've heard verbatim for two years

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
Wasn't it before Hardwired that Kirk's phone got stolen/lost making him lose all his good ideas for that album?

If he truly has got 500 new ideas I expect him to report his iPad/phone/laptop/cloud/notepad stolen just before they hit the studio for the next album.
Yeah it was a bit before they started, that's i feel like if he has this many now he should have been able to come up with something lol
That would be pretty funny if the dog ate his homework twice ;)

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
No it's literally what I've heard verbatim for two years

Yeah it's been known for ages but it's funny because Jnr is again on the "it's not all Snr's fault" bandwagon.

It's also proof of how the media cycles work though. Have a look at all the news articles coming out now from Australia print and media outlets. Bands touring here for the next few months avoiding the northern hemisphere winter are hitting the media outlets and some of the stuff is making headlines worldwide but what isn't will be newsworthy in six months when the bands head home and northern hemisphere radio shows and stuff ask the same questions because they haven't seen these bands since the news broke.

Yeah it was a bit before they started, that's i feel like if he has this many now he should have been able to come up with something lol
That would be pretty funny if the dog ate his homework twice ;)

Maybe he's not a fully fledged member of the band yet and Larz didn't like his first 500 ideas.

Even Full Metal Jackie is asking Dave about Chris.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/da...deth-album-its-going-to-be-a-kick-ass-record/

The interview was done 20 days ago and is only now making the Rag feeds but the guts of the news talked about is still several years old, including the headline which Dave claimed five minutes after Dystopia was released. Until he's got more than 500 riffs ready to go then I'm not sure he can claim the next album's worth anyway.