The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah it's not bad. It doesn't sell me on the album but it's not bad. He said before he wasn't going to listen to the new Metallica or Testament until his album was done. I wonder if he'll listen now?

The thing I find strange is how many times I've heard/read that this album is a return to their roots, or takes something from their earlier stuff, or words to that effect, but I'm not really hearing it the same way.

What is there to gain from not listening to Metallica, Testament or any other band? Seems like an odd statement to me.

Reactions: redfly

Love the way tour announcements, album announcements, even singles announcements are treated to their own videos now. I generally don't watch many of them but they seem to pop up everywhere now. Guess we'll soon start getting announcements for every time these bands have a shit!

The thing I find strange is how many times I've heard/read that this album is a return to their roots, or takes something from their earlier stuff, or words to that effect, but I'm not really hearing it the same way.

What is there to gain from not listening to Metallica, Testament or any other band? Seems like an odd statement to me.
I think he said he felt he was too influenced by them.
I also don't really hear the old sound in this.

Reactions: Slammed
No none of it sounds very familiar to me.

It's interesting to see a band with such a back catalogue that is pretty much unheard. Maybe it has something to do with them being Christian and not as likely to be part of the mainstream metal media.

Interestingly on their wiki page two of the 'associated acts' in the right hand column I know quite well but I've never heard of them. I once had a couple of Vengeance Rising albums and I've known Steve from Mortification since his days in Lightforce and I've known one of his guitarists for longer, but I've still never heard of Deliverance which both bands are apparently 'associated' with.

I didn't know they were around either. And I can't think of what they sounded like lol

I had to go and look at YT to hear them too. I remember years and years ago one of the early albums was getting really good reviews but then all the radio shows and stuff just stopped talking about them so I assumed they stopped.

Had the back catalogue of Power Quest delivered with the new album this week and on their fourth album they do a cover of Reckoning Day, it's not a bad cover for a bunch of Poms :)

Reactions: Neptune
http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...eon-artwork-after-finding-out-its-plagiarized

Would be interested to hear the graphic artists take on this. I don't condone stealing of artwork but typical of tabloid journalism they don't make clear mention of whether the person/company paid the original designer to use what they did. Either way I think it sucks that the band appears they weren't told such images were being used but like most things it's not as black and white as it's written on the screen.

As a graphic designer I know there is a shitload more 'borrowed' art out there than even the site mentioned in the article claims there is. I also know that a site very similar to this one (I wont say it's the same website re-branded) never used to check facts like who owned the artwork and who licensed it they just called out artwork as copies. More than a few of their early 'copied artworks' where used under licence and when such was pointed out to them on their pages they deleted such messages.

I think Pestilence did what they had to here and it was all about saving their own brand name but I bet there is more to it than what's being reported.

http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...eon-artwork-after-finding-out-its-plagiarized

Would be interested to hear the graphic artists take on this. I don't condone stealing of artwork but typical of tabloid journalism they don't make clear mention of whether the person/company paid the original designer to use what they did. Either way I think it sucks that the band appears they weren't told such images were being used but like most things it's not as black and white as it's written on the screen.

As a graphic designer I know there is a shitload more 'borrowed' art out there than even the site mentioned in the article claims there is. I also know that a site very similar to this one (I wont say it's the same website re-branded) never used to check facts like who owned the artwork and who licensed it they just called out artwork as copies. More than a few of their early 'copied artworks' where used under licence and when such was pointed out to them on their pages they deleted such messages.

I think Pestilence did what they had to here and it was all about saving their own brand name but I bet there is more to it than what's being reported.
Looking at those pics, I see stuff that looks like that all the time! Scifi and video games? That stuff all looks the same.

Yeah I agree. There is heaps of legitimate cases of borrowing and there is plenty of legitimate cases of fraud, it sucks but with only one side of the story it's hard to say who was right.

I remember the original site I saw that listed plagiarised artwork listed Metallica as plagiarising Pushead with AJFA and this was a site that not only claimed to know art but knew heavy metal as well.

The voices said to stop you bitching
So now you're quiet, your pieces are twitching

Sounds like the kind of corny poetry I would write.

TBH this video looks like a real cash in on the blood and gore sides of things.
The concept reminds me a bit of that that Pig Destroyer song about gender reassignment that got banned because of graphic content, or even the Slayer videos off Repentless. I watched it while I ate breakfast so the graphic warning probably wasn't there for me, but I also wasn't that entertained.

Now this is a song I've always liked, even with Metallica doing it.

Good to see Lars found a new hat, the Spencers contract must be doing well for him.

The voices said to stop you bitching
So now you're quiet, your pieces are twitching

Sounds like the kind of corny poetry I would write.

TBH this video looks like a real cash in on the blood and gore sides of things.
The concept reminds me a bit of that that Pig Destroyer song about gender reassignment that got banned because of graphic content, or even the Slayer videos off Repentless. I watched it while I ate breakfast so the graphic warning probably wasn't there for me, but I also wasn't that entertained.

Yeah some of the lyrics are cheesy, some are kinda cool. So nothing new lol. But I do kinda like the melody and for some reason I don't know why it kinda reminds me of Metallica.
...oh was that supposed to shock me? lol

The music is not too bad, I wouldn't buy the album for it, but it's ok. The video on the other hand is crap, it's not even good gore.