The what's going on in Thrash thread

For a second I thought I might like this. Exactly one second after the vocals started it was over.

I was willing to give it a go but you're right the guys voice isn't great. Reading some of the comments apparently he can sing (which is probably why Jnr's mob signed the band) but he doesn't show it on that clip.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.hellandheavenfest.com/
cartel.jpeg

Damn that day two line up is a good line up. If they dumped Marilyn Manson and Killswitch then brought in Testament and Sabaton from day one it would be a killer show. Ozzy, Priest, 'Deth, Overkill, Testament, Tankard. Sabaton, to blow the stage. L7 for a bit of 80's nostalgia and a hand full of bands kill the time while you go to the dunny and get another beer.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Was listening to Nuclear Assault today, was a good reminder of a band that hasn't done anything much for a lot of years. Their last EP was ok but it wasn't as good as their old stuff.

I was willing to give it a go but you're right the guys voice isn't great. Reading some of the comments apparently he can sing (which is probably why Jnr's mob signed the band) but he doesn't show it on that clip.
That might be PART of the problem lol That song isn't really meant to be sung by a singer...the other problem is as you said I'm not sure he IS a singer!

Reactions: Slammed
http://www.hellandheavenfest.com/
cartel.jpeg

Damn that day two line up is a good line up. If they dumped Marilyn Manson and Killswitch then brought in Testament and Sabaton from day one it would be a killer show. Ozzy, Priest, 'Deth, Overkill, Testament, Tankard. Sabaton, to blow the stage. L7 for a bit of 80's nostalgia and a hand full of bands kill the time while you go to the dunny and get another beer.
God L7 if I never hear pretend we're dead ever again I will be so happy. Damn! the 90's sucked! The big problem i see is they made Testament and Overkill's name too small...somebody should fix that.

That might be PART of the problem lol That song isn't really meant to be sung by a singer...the other problem is as you said I'm not sure he IS a singer!

If anyone knows about lead singers that can't Jnr would be the one :)

God L7 if I never hear pretend we're dead ever again I will be so happy. Damn! the 90's sucked! The big problem i see is they made Testament and Overkill's name too small...somebody should fix that.

L7 were here not that long back, they weren't actually that bad. Was a cheap concert in a small club with a small crowd but it was better than many other 90's bands that have reformed.

I think Testament and Sabaton should picket the concert. They aren't suited to the day one bands. Ozzy obviously isn't thrash but Testament and Sabaton fit better with him and the other thrash bands than they do with Scorpions and Purple.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sc...nd-to-call-him-out-over-white-power-incident/

I understand the idea of calling your mates out, by all means if your mate is being a dick calling them out is better than letting it go on but I think there is a big difference between calling your mate out and doing what Scott Ian did. Scott called his 'mate' out in the public arena, tried to shame him into making an apology and a donation, that's as much a dick move as what Phil did in the first place and 2 years on he's trying to defend it.

Interesting to see Phil's comments at the bottom. I presume what he's saying is correct and he did make the donation. I also think that donation is between him and the mob be donated too, it doesn't need to be news, but considering the media kicked him like they did it would have been fair to at least make a mention of what he did despite whether people think he meant it or not.

I read this too and you know when I think about it, Scott is basically calling everyone who didn't publicly say something complicit and not really Phil's friend lol. The nerve, So I guess Frankie, Joey and Charlie are all complicate all of Phil's friends everywhere. I don't think it was necessary for Scott to do what he did. He wasn't even there. I'm not sure why he did it because he says he basically washed his hands of it as soon as he put the statement out.
And yeah it would have been nice if even one article mentioned that he had donated

This has nothing to do with any of this. but isn't it enough with the Damn Lincoln Park shit everyday?!

Yeah being Jewish and being offended by what he said is one thing but calling him out in the public arena really reeks of wanting publicity for doing the 'right' thing. It would have been easy publicity for Scott too given that the topic was in the news already making a big scene. I can't remember if Scott has done this type of cheap publicity trick too often before but maybe it was a slow time for Anthrax. Phil's a dick but I think Scott should apologise to everyone...I don't are what for!

I read over any news with Linkin Park in it, are they doing something bad again?

LOL I almost never saw them on blabber now it's like three articles a day.

I feel pretty damn happy right now! I just bought all of Deaths special two disc edition cd's..The albums. not the live one yet,
Christmas present to myself:D:D:headbang::kickass:

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
That guy from Stone Sour is always in the news feeds lately too and it's nearly always the same picture they use. Maybe they all trying to get the media spotlight away from Sebastian Bach.

Where is my Christmas present?

Reactions: Neptune and redfly