The what's going on in Thrash thread

Saw an interview with one of the Dave's today saying they will be heading to the studio in Summer next year, wasn't it suppose to be Jan/Feb next year?

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ig...d-visions-did-sepulturas-early-sound-justice/

I find it interesting that bands say things like this. Albums that were released twenty years ago that got the band the following they have today and made them such a huge success and they don't think the sound or the production is as good as it could be. Well of course looking back after such a long time it's easy to say that but it's that sound that made you what you are, don't knock it, embrace it, even if you think you can do better with todays technology.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Reactions: Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ig...d-visions-did-sepulturas-early-sound-justice/

I find it interesting that bands say things like this. Albums that were released twenty years ago that got the band the following they have today and made them such a huge success and they don't think the sound or the production is as good as it could be. Well of course looking back after such a long time it's easy to say that but it's that sound that made you what you are, don't knock it, embrace it, even if you think you can do better with todays technology.
I agree mainly but also have mixed feelings

I agree mainly but also have mixed feelings

I don't have a problem with them wanting to remaster them, remasters aren't something I tend to buy but that's my choice. To me it's the statement that sounds stupid. It would be like me going to Blockbuster Video (who no longer exist here) and telling them I could make a better webpage for them today than they paid me for in 1997 and asking them to pay again. Well of course I can there is twenty years of new technologies and new skills since that crappy website, if I couldn't make something better I'm an idiot. To me it's not that fact that I can do better than twenty years ago, that's expected, it's telling people that I don't like what they paid me for back then because today's technologies allow me so much more.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah, but look. record companies didn't give much to the thrash bands as far as production money or experienced producers. It's not always just a case of "we can do better now" It's sometimes a case of it just wasn't done right in the first place and just cause we as fans grew up on it and it IS the sound for us doesn't mean an artist who feels it didn't represent right shouldn't want it done as they heard it in their head.
But as I said I mostly agree. I've heard bands say that the bass was too twangy on early album and too me things like that really did become part of the sound and mihght be why new stuff doesn't sound as thrashy to me.
And like you said. We don't have to buy it.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I guess the point is that of course they can make something better today than twenty years ago but does it need pointing out that way? I just see it as a slap in the face to the fans that loved the music to hear it worded that way.

Reactions: Neptune
I was just looking at a list of albums due this year.
I know there was stuff from BLS, Priest, Loudness and Suicidal but there is an unnamed Exodus album scheduled for release in March. I don't remember Exodus announcing anything. Have I missed something?

I guess the point is that of course they can make something better today than twenty years ago but does it need pointing out that way? I just see it as a slap in the face to the fans that loved the music to hear it worded that way.
I didn't really read it lol I thought you were speaking generally so i responded generally lol
guess I'll read it ..sigh... Although I do think you're probably over reacting :D...Happy New Year!

I was just looking at a list of albums due this year.
I know there was stuff from BLS, Priest, Loudness and Suicidal but there is an unnamed Exodus album scheduled for release in March. I don't remember Exodus announcing anything. Have I missed something?
No I don't think you missed anything at all. I haven't heard anything since Gary said it would be a little different maybe more progressive but that was like the beginning of summer.

Number 1! WooHoo! Time to update that picture.
http://bravewords.com/news/overkill-is-bravepick-1-for-2017
Overkillimg.jpg

I didn't really read it lol I thought you were speaking generally so i responded generally lol
guess I'll read it ..sigh... Although I do think you're probably over reacting :D...Happy New Year!

It's not really a reaction good or bad, simply a topic of conversation

New year is nearly two full days old here get with the times :p

Ok so that article was about Roots? The only impact that album had was on the side of my trash can as I threw it away.

No the bit I was referring to was about redoing their earlier two albums because he thinks he can do them better now, which I fully expect after twenty odd years of technology.

No I don't think you missed anything at all. I haven't heard anything since Gary said it would be a little different maybe more progressive but that was like the beginning of summer.

I haven't yet seen anything else about it and there given that there is no name I reckon the news is one of those that started as a rumour and was never confirmed or denied so it got left in the lists.