The what's going on in Thrash thread

I was gonna give a happy birthday for Anthrax's I'm the Man ep. But I'm not sure I want to.

I didn't mind I'm The Man, it was a good attempt at showing bands don't always have to stick to the same formula and it's something I wish more bands, or in many cases more fans, allowed to happen.

It was also the anniversary for Metal Thrashing Mad sometime last week I think I remember reading.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
The only two releases I’m looking forward to are these two younger Norwegian Thrash bands,Tantara and Vorbid.Not by any means reinventing the wheel,But they are two very good bands bringing a progressive element that’s refreshing.Long solos with some pretty good song writing skills!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
Looking at the confirmed release list.
I'm looking forward to hearing the new Hiedevolk and Suicidal and I'll definitely be buying BLS, Preist and Phil Campbell. I'm sure there is others with stuff in production though.

Reactions: Neptune
No the bit I was referring to was about redoing their earlier two albums because he thinks he can do them better now, which I fully expect after twenty odd years of technology.
Okay, I was trying to read it and then started skimming it. I think I just really don't like Max. He starts talking and I zone out.
He seems like kind of a dick that is a little too full of himself.

Reactions: Slammed
Imagine how it would have rated if it was a good album :)

That's a joke obviously, it was a good album, had really solid songs on it, but I still don't think it was great and it's not their best.
Yeah, that's the way I feel about it to. I was surprised they got number one. But i'm glad they did.

I didn't mind I'm The Man, it was a good attempt at showing bands don't always have to stick to the same formula and it's something I wish more bands, or in many cases more fans, allowed to happen.

It was also the anniversary for Metal Thrashing Mad sometime last week I think I remember reading.
I didn't mind it. but what it led to is absolute garbage. Hence the no happy birthday

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Okay, I was trying to read it and then started skimming it. I think I just really don't like Max. He starts talking and I zone out.
He seems like kind of a dick that is a little too full of himself.

I think he's probably got some right to be full of himself, maybe not to the degree him or some of the other musos like him are but the guy is fairly talented and he's industry renowned for that talent.

Yeah, that's the way I feel about it to. I was surprised they got number one. But i'm glad they did.

Oh it beats the shit out of some of the albums on that list that's for sure. Compared to some of what Bravewords picked Overkill is a 14/10

Reactions: redfly
I didn't mind it. but what it led to is absolute garbage. Hence the no happy birthday

Yeah there is quite a bit of what Anthrax has done I'm not a fan of but they have done some good stuff over the years. White Noise has been in my car CD player not for about three months and I don't see it coming out any time soon.

Well there goes the album for this year...probably.

They probably deserve the chance to go out and play Brotherhood to the world. There might be a bit of pressure on them for a follow up since Brotherhood was so popular.

I honestly couldn't tell you the name of any of his songs, Sepultura or otherwise.

That's not overly surprising, plenty of people don't listen to him or his bands but for many more they were an important part of the trash scene and most of those are fans based on the early Seps albums. They broke all sorts of records for sales and were at a time the biggest band in South America, I believe there still hasn't been a Brazillian band since them that has risen to the kinds of success they have. That happens for a reason but it doesn't mean everyone is a fan.

That's not overly surprising, plenty of people don't listen to him or his bands but for many more they were an important part of the trash scene and most of those are fans based on the early Seps albums. They broke all sorts of records for sales and were at a time the biggest band in South America, I believe there still hasn't been a Brazillian band since them that has risen to the kinds of success they have. That happens for a reason but it doesn't mean everyone is a fan.
Eh. :cool: