The what's going on in Thrash thread

Reactions: Neptune
And unfortunately toured with Testament as well. I think they might be signed to Chuck's management.

Yeah that's why I gave them a chance in the first place, but they definitely aren't metal.

I remember having an discussion an Aussie site about the pointlessness of all the different genres in metal and how it seems people just make them up to suit their mood. Several of the long term metal experts claimed we had to have genres in metal to ensure gigs with unlike bands didn't happen. They were trying to convince people that genres existed so that a gig didn't have bands like Obituary and Motley Crue on the same bill. For every silly example they gave a counter example was offered and in the end they changed their claim to exclude festvals, because apparently that was unfair. Was a funny argument but putting AOD and SS on the same bill (or Testament and SS) pretty much proves that America doesn't only do gigs based on stupid genre names either.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I wish I still used that forum. I'd ask to explain how the same theory is applied to the gig in Iceland in June were Slayer are headlining such acts as Bonnie Tyler :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...-long-as-hes-not-crazy-drunk-hes-a-great-guy/

Good to see the animosity between band members is still there for the journos to pick up on. I wonder how many fights in the music industry could have been dead and buried if it wasn't for brilliant music journos rehashing these same bullshit stories time and time again. At best most of this story was created 20 years ago, some more when RIP was re-released and now some reporter has to ask Chris how he feels about something that happened so friggen long ago it's gown mould, then some dipshit website creator only bothers to post that part of the whole interview and nothing about what the guy is current doing.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...-long-as-hes-not-crazy-drunk-hes-a-great-guy/

Good to see the animosity between band members is still there for the journos to pick up on. I wonder how many fights in the music industry could have been dead and buried if it wasn't for brilliant music journos rehashing these same bullshit stories time and time again. At best most of this story was created 20 years ago, some more when RIP was re-released and now some reporter has to ask Chris how he feels about something that happened so friggen long ago it's gown mould, then some dipshit website creator only bothers to post that part of the whole interview and nothing about what the guy is current doing.
There are a couple things in there I didn't know about and those are some dickish tweets by Dave lol But you're right rehashed shit that people won't let die.

Reactions: Slammed
There are a couple things in there I didn't know about and those are some dickish tweets by Dave lol But you're right rehashed shit that people won't let die.

I know they link to the audio of the full interview but reading what these sites offer it really does make it seem like Chris has done nothing else with his 20+ years and he's just come out of the dark to talk about Dave.

Tom said why he was retiring lol

Yeah it's kind of funny to see all these reactions. Tom's really been hinting at this since about 2010 when he had the neck surgery, and really who'd blame him, putting on a Slayer show (nearly any show) night after night can't be easy and if being active on stage in whatever form a person chooses is such a huge part of their enjoyment like Tom said headbanging was to him it really shouldn't be a surprise to all these musos because it wasn't to the fans.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ma...sh-album-its-never-been-done-quite-like-that/
This fucking guy lol he really is trying to get mileage out of this tribal thing. Yeah you're from Brazil. What's your last name Max? Oh Cavalera? Pretty sure that's Italian, so what tribe are you Max?

I don't have a problem with it. Nationalism is a big thing to some people and if he wants to put tribal music in his metal it's not that different to bands like Tengger Calvary putting Monglian influences in all theirs, anonymous aussie band Dead Kelly using didgeridoos in their extreme metal , or Marty and his Japanese influenced metal.