The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't see it that way, he's got the album Roots with the all the native chants and everything. If a white guy did that here and tried to capitalize on the Native Americans he'd be crucified. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is related to the native people of Brazil, but he sure doesn't look like it.

Reactions: Slammed
He was born in Brazil, to me that makes him a Brazilian. I don't really see the white man making native american music as the same thing (although Joey wore an Indian headdress for years on stage). He's got a spiritual connection to his homeland and he's using that connection in his music.

Reactions: redfly
His beard might be a Brazilian thing too :p

I was watching the film clip to Roots Bloody Roots the other day and I still like it. So I'm going to give him a pass, bad beard or not.

Reactions: redfly
Oh man, I bought that album listened once and never touched it again. If I wanted Nu Metal Korn I would have bought Nu Metal Korn. That was my first Sepultura and I was bitterly disappointed lol
No pass :p

I wouldn't have considered it a nu metal album, but then I don't even know what nu metal is.

In the last week I've listened to Beneath The Remains, Arise, Roots, Chaos AD and Schizophrenia. I wouldn't say Roots is my favourite but I think it's an important album in their discography and their first three albums are as good as any of the big 4 made in their first few albums.

Well that's a bold statement lol I mean the big four's first few albums are just...I don't even have the word! lol! I guess I could see better than the first Anthrax cause I think they were still finding their sound and it was kind of a half heavy album at least to me. And if anyone cares to remember I'm no Slayer expert.

It's not really that bold, I'm sure there is a lot of people who would put early Sepultura on the same pedestal any of the big four get put on. Look how many claim Exodus or Testament were as good or better and put them up there with the Big 4. Same thing happened with Destruction, Kreator and Sodom as well.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Must be an American thing because even on this forum there are a good number of people who would rank all those bands on a similar level in their early days. Then there is the German's who KNOW Sodom is better than all of them.

Oh sorry, I just meant the part about Sepultura being on the same pedestal as the big4. You have the lucky distinction of being the first person I've heard say that!...no prize...

You wouldn't happen to know a good way of getting surface mold ( or maybe it's mildew ) from a basement off of posters would you?
Or anyone out there?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
GMD on here has plenty of people who I'm sure who rate them as high.

A drop of clove oil, sometimes called oil of cloves, on a rag removes mould without getting the surface wet. It stinks like all get out but it works and it kills the spores. Not sure where it's available in the US but we get it off the shelf at chemists because it's used for relieving toothache.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
GMD on here has plenty of people who I'm sure who rate them as high.

A drop of clove oil, sometimes called oil of cloves, on a rag removes mould without getting the surface wet. It stinks like all get out but it works and it kills the spores. Not sure where it's available in the US but we get it off the shelf at chemists because it's used for relieving toothache.
Awesome dude thanks! I'll check it out!

Awesome dude thanks! I'll check it out!

I haven't used it on paper but I've used it on walls and windows and it works really well without being too damp so it should be ok on posters. You can mix several drops in a small bucket of water and wash things like windows down which kills the spores but I tend to just drip it onto a rag because I don't have large areas that need it.

I haven't used it on paper but I've used it on walls and windows and it works really well without being too damp so it should be ok on posters. You can mix several drops in a small bucket of water and wash things like windows down which kills the spores but I tend to just drip it onto a rag because I don't have large areas that need it.
Cool I hope I can find it