The what's going on in Thrash thread

He's such a stunner these day :)

Where's the pic from? I haven't hunted out any Overkill shots from the latest tour other than what I saw I FB about a week ago which were only from the Perth show

Yeah was sad news, I'm not sure if they ever released exactly what got him but he wasn't well in the last few years.

I'm a fan of his stuff with MS, but more of a fan of his stuff with Slaughter Lord, damn they were good live.

Reactions: redfly
There might be some YT videos around of Slaughter Lord but I doubt any of their demos are available for retail sale.

Slaughter Lord also had Steve Hughes drumming in the days before he thought he was a comedian.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
For me in the Aussie trash scene there was better than both (although it's hard to argue with Mortal Sin's success)
Addictive had a few albums and kicked arse live.
Hobbs Angel Of Death were extreme and really one of the forerunners of thrash and extreme metal here.
Alchemist were hit and miss but when the fired they were great.
Armoured Angel obviously
Mortification (born from Light Force) and Sadistik Exekution were more extreme but just as intense live.

That's only a list of a few of the trash bands that killed it, there is shit loads more that played shows that were just as intensive but weren't quiet as heavy.

Very cool thanks for the info man,you really know your history!

When it comes to 80's and 90's aussie metal I do because I was part of the scene and it was often like a small community of friends. It's when posers talk about bands like Parkway Drive and Amity Affliction adding something of value to the Aussie metal scene that I get scared.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Don't be like that, just think how much easier you have it. With this warm weather and my parents away I have to oragnise my week around watering large gardens at both mine and their places that take me up to an hour a day. You don't need to water anything with all the snow around :p

Hey Neptune are you buried? I'm so sick of snow!
Oh yeah!Just finished doing the once over at my house,then up early to scrape it off again then off to do my route.How are making out down there buddy is that house on the market, and are you headed for Maine soon?

Actually it snowed like crazy but somehow I've never stopped seeing the sidewalk. So we lucked out pretty good here the last two storms. I'm leaving temporarily for my parents on the first and then sometime to Maine. I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to go. Although I can go pretty much anytime.