The what's going on in Thrash thread

For me Children of the Sun is a bit repetitive in the lyrics and Guardians should really have been an intro to Rising From the Ruins not a separate track.

The shame part is for the idiots that run it. For a band like JP to be 50 years strong and only get one nomination is a joke. Even Bon Jovi getting only two votes since their 25th year is a joke. I don't like Bon Jovi but you can't ignore their popularity and their success.

Reactions: redfly
Haha that's funny. I don't know, or care, if he's getting royalties but such a hissy fit all because they are releasing something is definitely worth laughing at.

Yeah it's not going to do shit. That being said I did like Overkill more with Bobby G. It never seemed a great idea to let the bass player write all the guitar parts lol. Overkill has put out some great stuff since he left. I still think Bobby G and Kerry King could write some evil shit together.

Reactions: Slammed
If he's owed his dues it only fair he gets them even if the band don't agree with paying him but bad mouthing your old band is no better than bad mouthing your last boss, makes you look worse than them.

Kerry might need something to do in a year or so. Although I still like to think Slayer will make music just not tour.

It does sound like a bit of a drunken rant, after all its not like he just woke up yesterday and realised that he was once in Overkill, it had to be brewing.

I don't think Slayer would loose much if they became only a studio band but I think it would open Kerry up to a lot more things without having to do tours and stuff.

LOL yeah really. Neither band deserves it imo. That Tull thing still blows my mind if I think about it
Oh wait, it was for rock...never mind lol

It think it's funny having a rant about not getting an award. I don't think there is a way you can do it without sounding like you are sucking a bunch of sour grapes even if the band that won was Tenacious D. Maybe Mr. Kick In The Balls was the kid at school who always came in last and cried until he got a medal for 'participation'.

Jack Black may be a comedian and may not have a real metal band but he wrote a song about a relative of my mum, so I'd never vote for Mr. Kick In The Balls anyway.

Tenacious D aren't a band on my radar. I know them, have heard some of their songs but I don't own anything by them. However I've never hated them either and who doesn't know the words to Tribute? Can't say that about any Mastodon song.

Jack Black wrote the song Lee (which is spelt wrong) about my mum's cousin. Phish also wrote a song about him which is a little more damning but both are pretty much about the same topic. Leigh toured with Tenacious, Phish, Foo Fighters and several others back in the 90's and early 2000's and he provided a service over and above just putting on the show but he was not as reliable at providing the second service as he was making the shows happen every night.

Tenacious D aren't a band on my radar. I know them, have heard some of their songs but I don't own anything by them. However I've never hated them either and who doesn't know the words to Tribute? Can't say that about any Mastodon song.

Jack Black wrote the song Lee (which is spelt wrong) about my mum's cousin. Phish also wrote a song about him which is a little more damning but both are pretty much about the same topic. Leigh toured with Tenacious, Phish, Foo Fighters and several others back in the 90's and early 2000's and he provided a service over and above just putting on the show but he was not as reliable at providing the second service as he was making the shows happen every night.
I couldn't tell you one Mastodon song either lol.

Dude! seriously? Fuckin Lee? I love that dude! :headbang:
I saw a TD concert live at Brixton academy it was the first I'd heard of them but the Brits were singing all the words lol. It was a good show.

Dude! seriously? Fuckin Lee? I love that dude! :headbang:
I saw a TD concert live at Brixton academy it was the first I'd heard of them but the Brits were singing all the words lol. It was a good show.

Yeah I don't remember him that well because he left Aus in the 80's and I've only seen him once since at his mum's funeral but my cus (the muso) has worked with him in the states and his brother (the wrestler) has toured with him. There is a lot of stories about Leigh and what he did, and one really prominent story on the Phish forums about who Leigh really was but it's not the full story despite the claims, in fact the comments below the 'real story' are more accurate.